• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Bros U Patch Coming - Pro Controller Support Added

JoeM86

We didn't really catch this with the New Super Luigi U stuff (if we did then I apologise and close this, did a quick search and didn't see it).

Before New Super Luigi U comes out (or on the same day), a patch will come for New Super Mario Bros U. This patch allows for two things

- Purchase of New Super Luigi U within New Super Mario Bros U. No need to go to the eShop
- Support for the games to be played with the Wii U Pro Controller

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAABnUYnUjs84cg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
They should patch in ability to use the GamePad to control a fucking character during multiplayer.

that's cool of them but the game still depresses the shit out of me....which is the complete opposite of what it should be doing considering the material

sold my copy months back :(

Artorias

Banned
Very cool of them, but I'll probably still use the wiimote personally. I don't want to push a button to stretch my jump, if that's what they are planning. It's been a while since I put it on, I forget what other waggle it has.

That's interesting, especially with the lack of motion tracking (from what people have said before) in the Pro Controller. Guess it's a nice side benefit for them working on the Luigi DLC.

Or a far sinister sign for the GamePad at E3.
I'm kidding! ...Probably.

NotLiquid

A lot of people were clamoring for this, so this is a welcome addition. I second being able to use the Wii U pad to control an actual character though.

Woffls

Awesome. Shame I already completed the vast majority of the game. Guess I'll go ahead and buy Super Luigi U then!

Alpha_eX

Huge shame this comes months after I finished the game, no excuse, this should have been in the release, the chunk of code for key mapping is so minimal.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Should have been there day 1, at least they are acknowledging the fact that they have to deliver for every WiiU sale.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
This is good, but it really should've been there at the get-go.

Wow, this is really cool. I always find myself distracted by the gamepad while playing NSMBU. If I can play single player with the pro controller then I'll be set!

deleted

Cool! I like the Pro Controller for 2D gameplay, but outside of the rayman challenge app and SMW, I didn't use it at all.

Robin64

Can I use my SNES controller please, Nintendo?

medium.jpg

Oh, how I would have loved something like this for DKCR for Wii. Then again, they wouldn't have suckered me into getting it on 3DS so easily...

Top Bottom