• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Detention didn't do much for me to be honest. Found it very boring. Most videos being 2 parters seems very artificial but I get it.
Honestly, from what I remember of the stream Matt did, it starts picking up soon after they stopped, but it focuses more on weird shit than straight up horror.

I don't really pay attention to if an LP is particularly popular, but it's a shame if people are sleeping on Policenauts. I'm having a blast watching it and it's weird sci-fi insanity.

Yeah, so far I think Little Nightmares is my number one pick, while Detention is my number two.

I'm biased against first person horror games...

ArjanN

Yeah, so far I think Little Nightmares is my number one pick, while Detention is my number two.

I'm biased against first person horror games...

I like the really well made first person horror stuff Amnesia, Outlast etc, but there's a ton of really amateur first person stuff just because newer engines have lowered the bar for making those, in that you can basically make a generic haunted house environment with default assets and adjusting some lighting sliders.

Strimei

I really enjoyed Detention, myself. It had a pretty good atmosphere, which is a bit surprising what with it being another set in an eldritch school setting.

BenjiGAF

Eldritch school is just the worst. I don't like that my tax dollars are going to pay for the education of these cosmic entities.

They come into this plane of reality- without any documentation, without passing through the proper channels- and immediately get the Cosmic Welfare and the free rides through Eldritch School. Im a hardworking, taxpaying American, and i can't even comprehend the true nature of the campus! That just ain't right.

I was leaning WAY back during part 2 of Detention. What a fucking cool ass horrific game @_@ Combining Chinese horror with old school communist fears lol.

But I think the best thing about this game is that they some how achieved the perfect puzzle difficulty for the Best Friends!

Full LP for this AND Little Nightmares please!

I really enjoyed Detention, myself. It had a pretty good atmosphere, which is a bit surprising what with it being another set in an eldritch school setting.

It helps alot being set in an old ass Chinese school.

Which have a slight different feel from an American or Japanese school.

Welp, I was hoping to listen to Matt's Deadly Premonition Stream but he set an annoying notification sound when people donate that drove me crazy in less than 5 minutes. I don't understand why streamers do that, and how viewers can tolerate it.

Anung

Un Rama
Welp, I was hoping to listen to Matt's Deadly Premonition Stream but he set an annoying notification sound when people donate that drove me crazy in less than 5 minutes. I don't understand why streamers do that, and how viewers can tolerate it.

This is what made me tap out when he streamed White Day a while back. I think watching streams might just not be for me. Seems annoying af.

Frimaire

They already confirmed the EW2 LP.
It'll probably replace Policenauts, which seems to be wrapping up pretty soon...
Maybe by next week?

Frimaire

Actually, now that I think about it, it'll probably be a Matt+Pat LP, and Pat's going to Japan in a couple days.
Unless they've already recorded some as part of the Shitstorm or something you might have to wait 'til around the end of the month...

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...

Different strokes for different folks, I guess, I found the near constantly repeating first couple of bars of 'Life is Beautiful' punctuated by the occasional sound of a car crash to be steadily more funny as it went on, especially when it got to the point that it was wearing thin with Matt/Tina.

Edzi

Streaming culture is built upon a kind of twisted relationship between the streamer and the audience. The streamer pretends to have a relationship with the chat and goes to annoying lengths to visually/audibly acknowledge donations to encourage more people to give them money. If you think that sounds gross, you're absolutely right.

Squishy3

Actually, now that I think about it, it'll probably be a Matt+Pat LP, and Pat's going to Japan in a couple days.
Unless they've already recorded some as part of the Shitstorm or something you might have to wait 'til around the end of the month...
Probably be where it starts as the end of the Shitstorm and continues after. So they'd have a pretty good buffer of completed episodes recorded by then.

god dammit d3 announce bug island 2

Strimei

So it sounds like I should pick back up Policenauts then.

I dropped off a like around...episode 10, so got a good marathon ahead of me, it seems.

Wow, that finale was pretty satisfying, and yet pretty WTF.

That said, I kinda wish the epilogue was a few days after the whole "Jonathan takes down the bad guys" thing, just so it'd feel a little less rushed.

Exodust

Banned
Policenauts was a hell of an LP. I always wanted to play the game but never gotten around to it for whatever reason(thankfully got to play Snatcher, though). I was excited for there being an LP and it didn't disappoint.

I feel like this year has been pretty strong for the best friends overall. At least so far.

Fat4all

Banned
I already played and watched LP's of Policenauts in the past several times, but all this talk has me wanting to watch their LP.

There' some great stuff I wouldn't mind seeing them encounter.

Policenauts was a hell of an LP. I always wanted to play the game but never gotten around to it for whatever reason(thankfully got to play Snatcher, though). I was excited for there being an LP and it didn't disappoint.

I feel like this year has been pretty strong for the best friends overall. At least so far.

After taking maybe a year hiatus on them they got me back again this year. I'm just one little person, but I was into them for a few years, got bored, but there was a good LP or two that brought me back both into the LPs and the podcast.

Definitely think it was a strong year for them.

Top Bottom