• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New TOS makes some Vita apps and games unusable (PSN login problems).

nampad

I couldn't use the group messaging app on my Vita today. It constantly wanted me to log into the PSN over and over again making the app unusable.
As it turns out, Sony updated their Terms of Service which had to be accepted on their website. Users on the Vita weren't informed of the new TOS though so people had to find out how to fix it on their own. It really is a big fuck up from Sony.

Here are some ways to fix it:

Click here:

http://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Sign in

Accept new TOS.

Seems to fix it.

and accept the new TOS

I fixed it by going
Settings->PSN->System Activation->Game->Activate
and then starting any PSN-reliant application. The new TOS pops right up and you can accept it then and there.

Jhn

I fixed it by going
and then starting any PSN-reliant application. The new TOS pops right up and you can accept it then and there.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Had that problem a few hours ago when I wanted to play Pinball Arcade on PS3. Fixed by signing in from the XMB (with no game running). Can't you just do the same on the Vita (signing in from the settings menu)?

epmode

I keep getting a bad gateway error when I try to sign in to the first link. I don't even get a username/password prompt.

Storm360

Thanks, I was paranoid something was up with my account, even though I was playing Rainbow Six Vegas on my PS3 fine

epmode

I fixed it by going

Simply going to Settings > PSN > Sign In on my Vita brought up the TOS. Thanks for the idea.

Ahh i was wondering, couldn't check my messages on the Vita last night but the store was working fine. Was rather confused, cheers for the heads up.

Robbok

Wow thanks a lot. I have bought mercenaries today and couldn´t play online. I was going crazy, but now it works :D

LimeD3

Neo Member
Haha wow thanks for linking the EU site. I was trying forever to sign the TOS through the North American site, but it kept giving me bad proxy errors when I tried to sign in (I'm from Canada).

The EU site, rather hilariously, worked just fine for me... I suppose all's well that ends well.

my vita is going weird, asking me to sign in repeatedly if i try to access the friends area, i did the setting, trick mentioned above and wasnt asked to accept anything :/ cant even log in on the webstore

keep getting

Bad Gateway

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

my vita is going weird, asking me to sign in repeatedly if i try to access the friends area, i did the setting, trick mentioned above and wasnt asked to accept anything :/

It doesn't seem to surface that info very well (at least from the point of view of an app).

try the web store then since you are directly interacting with PSN at that point.

Jigolo

Yup I had this issue. Just logged into my account on us.playstation.com and accepted the TOS like you said and everything was fixed.

my vita is going weird, asking me to sign in repeatedly if i try to access the friends area, i did the setting, trick mentioned above and wasnt asked to accept anything :/ cant even log in on the webstore

keep getting

Bad Gateway

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

It just redirected me to a server maintenance screen. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

bjork

I logged in, got a maintenance error screen thing. Came back later and it instantly asked me to accept the TOS, I said yes, now it's sitting at a grey popup.

Blueblur1

I kept getting logged out of the webstore the other day which lead to me getting charged for Dragon's Dogma even though I have PS+. I suspected the new TOS was the culprit after I heard about it and this thread has confirmed it. How totally dumb of Sony to not allow users to agree to it on the webstore (it never popped up for me and there was no mention of it) or Vita (without digging through menus).

Derrick01

Banned
I was having this problem with my Vita this morning and out of pure luck I thought about trying to log in to the website, which I never do, to see if anything fishy was going on with my account. Then I saw the new ToS and accepted and it seemed to fix everything.

To be honest something as small and easy as a new ToS breaking everything this far into the game doesn't fill me with confidence that network/OS stuff will be vastly improved with PS4.

Ever since I accepted the new TOS, I've had a hard time logging in, and when I do get logged in....the PS Store runs super slow.

Frustrating.

Couple issues I've had since:

-friend list not loading or sluggish
-takes multiple tries to log in to PSN
-PSN store will fire up, but won't display anything at all (I want to spend monies Sony, but you no let me)

Ramune

I was experiencing this last night at work. Thinking they blocked something preventing the messaging app to work. But came home and got the same. Just logged into my JP account instead with no problems. Glad to see I wasn't the only one. Sony has GOT to do a better job with things like this.

Squalltdx

Was wondering what the issue was. I couldn't play TOM Blitz at all on my Vita because I was in a endless loop of sign in hell.

edit - Just signed in on the SEN website and everything seems fine now.

Had this same issue trying to play Killzone Mercenary on my Vita. Pretty ridiculous the loops you have to go through to get it to work.

Cartman86

Banned
Is it possible there is someone that exists in the world who will never get this working if Sony doesn't do something on their end?

While I agree that this shouldn't have happened, I can't agree that this was a major fuck up. Now the firmware on PS3 that bricked systems, that was a major fuck up.

bjork

Checked my vita after posting earlier, it downloaded some update and worked just fine afterward. All's well. :)

Top Bottom