• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing map completion in the HoT maps and it's so difficult to find anyone for the hero points. I don't remember it being this hard to find others for them.

I hope there are no more HoT legendaries I'm interested in after The Shining Blade so I don't have to do it a third time.
Astralaria was worth it though.
look for HP trains. Unless you only need 1 or 2, I would just do something else and watch the LFG tab for a train.

Spyware

Doing map completion in the HoT maps and it's so difficult to find anyone for the hero points. I don't remember it being this hard to find others for them.

I hope there are no more HoT legendaries I'm interested in after The Shining Blade so I don't have to do it a third time.
People pretty much only do them in HP trains now. Keep an eye on LFG!

Sonicbug

Maybe just bad luck in timing. I see HP trains all the time in Tangled and Auric. (Well, the last time I was in there two weeks ago.)

Jira

Keep an eye out in LFG for HP trains. They happen pretty often.

TheChaos0

My friend tried to create an account but just keeps getting "Some fields are invalid; please fix them." None of the fields are invalid though. I've tried it myself but get the same problem. Anyone has the same problem?

My friend tried to create an account but just keeps getting "Some fields are invalid; please fix them." None of the fields are invalid though. I've tried it myself but get the same problem. Anyone has the same problem?

People are complaining about getting booted from the servers, could be more DDOS attacks, they been getting attacked a lot lately..or servers can't handle all these players...

Massicot

When you finally get the Fragmented Anomaly achievement

https://my.mixtape.moe/ulxdhz.webm

edit: don't talk to me or my son...

yyyy.PNG

Massicot

I want to do a few more dragon stands just to build up some Crystalline ore since I used what I had for the new legendary sword.

I wonder if PoF will release with any/all of the remaining legendary gen 2s or if that's a Season 4 thing.

Cels

i did hearts and minds today, with 1 friend

it was pretty hard, but not too hard..it was only after i finished and saw people in chat asking for group that i realized that most people do the level in a bigger group oops

Wanderer5

The commander in my wvw guild made the legendary wvw backpiece, Warbringer, today, and it looks pretty badass. The flames are going 24/7, but when you take out your weapons, they flare up quite intensely for a moment ha ha. The glider looks pretty nice.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Engi should come with a disclamer that an MMO mouse is mandatory. I tried the class before with a normal mouse and for me it was impossible to play as I had a hard time switching kits.

With a mouse with side buttons everything is fluid and easy to reach, engi is the class that most benefits from it.

Also the asura animations are adorable.

SourBear

Banned
Sigh. The HoT maps are so terrible. I'm remembering why I quit.
I think I'm just going to skip the HoT maps and continue getting vanilla map completion instead.
I don't want to frustrate myself out of skipping PoF too by banging my head on these shitty HoT maps.

Jolkien

So I started a few hours ago, pretty fun so far made it to level 10. I dabble a bit in the crafting and I have an insignia which says it's used in crafting of armor with +power, I crafted a medium armor chest piece and I can't wrap my head around how to use it. On the armored it says 1 unused upgrade slot

spiritfox

So I started a few hours ago, pretty fun so far made it to level 10. I dabble a bit in the crafting and I have an insignia which says it's used in crafting of armor with +power, I crafted a medium armor chest piece and I can't wrap my head around how to use it. On the armored it says 1 unused upgrade slot

Insignias are materials used in crafting. You can use the 'Discover Recipes' tab to combine it with the panel and padding parts to make armor with that stat spread.

Here's the wiki page for more info.

Hellers

I swear the final part of Meeting the Asura in LWS2 is the single most hateful piece of game design I have ever played in my entire life.

I just can't do it. Second phase of the last bit. It's just utterly godawful.

*Edit* Done now. And I shall never ever in my entire life play that mission again.

I'm at level 80 and not getting any exp but my bar has turned into this thing that wants me to do this mission in order to unlock a Pack Mentor thing but I'm at the level 70 Personal Story mission.

Do I have to wait until I complete that before I can get the Pack Mentor thing?

it's discounted atm, right? I'd say you should get it if you care at all about the narrative.

Alright then, doing all of this new stuff should line me up with the PoF release in September.

Error

I'm at level 80 and not getting any exp but my bar has turned into this thing that wants me to do this mission in order to unlock a Pack Mentor thing but I'm at the level 70 Personal Story mission.

You continue to gain experience and once you 'level up' you can use Mastery Points to unlock stuff like more Gliding options in HOT maps or the ability to create Legendary Gear among other things.

Though I believe you need to finish the Personal Story, to get that Mastery Point.

Freeman76

I swear the final part of Meeting the Asura in LWS2 is the single most hateful piece of game design I have ever played in my entire life.

I just can't do it. Second phase of the last bit. It's just utterly godawful.

*Edit* Done now. And I shall never ever in my entire life play that mission again.

I think that at one point in every LW episode. How they think some of this shit is fun is beyond me.

They throw so many shit mechanics at you at once with no explanation of what to do and leave you to figure shit out while you are bombarded from every angle with no room to breath.

Its the best MMO in so many ways but as far as the story missions...one of the worst.

Hellers

I think that at one point in every LW episode. How they think some of this shit is fun is beyond me.

They throw so many shit mechanics at you at once with no explanation of what to do and leave you to figure shit out while you are bombarded from every angle with no room to breath.

Its the best MMO in so many ways but as far as the story missions...one of the worst.

Yup. Early on I started following guides when I started a new mission. Just because the game can be so obtuse. Season 3 didn't improve on that any (But did improve in other ways). Hopefully they've taken lessons from all this on board when they made PoF

Finished season 2 and 3 now (The last fight of season 2 thankfully was just a chore rather than difficult. The game really abuses knockdowns)

So I've unlocked all my elite specs. Done everything but the last two missions of HoT (Game crashes on the helix every time so I can't continue that). Going to finally get around to finishing the personal story next.

Goldrush

Engi should come with a disclamer that an MMO mouse is mandatory. I tried the class before with a normal mouse and for me it was impossible to play as I had a hard time switching kits.

With a mouse with side buttons everything is fluid and easy to reach, engi is the class that most benefits from it.

Also the asura animations are adorable.

Can agree with this. Don't have a gaming mouse, but mine comes with two buttons. Therefore, I regularly can only use two kits because the time it takes to use a third would completely destroy any semblance to a "rotation" I have. Beside the advantage of proximity, it's just easier for muscle memory to separate the "passive" action of swapping kits in one hand with attacks on the other.

Ashodin

Did dragon's stand again tonight, and yeah I'm thoroughly convinced that the boss is quite possibly one of the most expertly designed metas I've seen in a long time, as well as making the boss relevant to players (basically, way better than Zhaitan ever was).

npanciroli

Neo Member
Just hit 32 with my Revenant and I'm absolutely loving it. Got my elite skills and did that first dungeon. Having so much fun. Excited to hit 80 and do all the available stories.

spiritfox

Did dragon's stand again tonight, and yeah I'm thoroughly convinced that the boss is quite possibly one of the most expertly designed metas I've seen in a long time, as well as making the boss relevant to players (basically, way better than Zhaitan ever was).

I think MoM is a little too easy, even if it's a great spectacle boss. He doesn't really do much damage outside of his headslam. It would be nice if he was more dangerous.

Ashodin

I really like Auric Basin a lot because of how it is like Marionette a bit with "how's the other sides doing!?" feel to the gameplay which feels like you're working with a large group toward an objective. Hearing that "west side needs help, RIP, RIP north side" and stuff like that provides tension which is not usual in large metas.

VB is probably my favorite meta. Or pre nerf TD.

Auric is my favorite. It would probably be Dragon Stand if it only had one of the mordrem Spitfire fights instead of two and if I hadn't had to repeat it so many times.

Auric has four lanes, with unique mechanics for removing the shield on each of the four bosses. In each of the lanes is an indestructible enemy that is a huge hazard and just has to be avoided because they indestructible. The music is fantastic and the location is the coolest zone from the original Heart of Thorns maps. Plus compared to Dragonstand if I ever did it it was always because I thought "oh hey Auric is happening. I can do this if I want" rather than "Holy fucking shit I need to do this map like 5 more times before I can get my leadership runes / Chak Weapon Collection."

Doikor

Auric is my favorite. It would probably be Dragon Stand if it only had one of the mordrem Spitfire fights instead of two and if I hadn't had to repeat it so many times.

Auric has four lanes, with unique mechanics for removing the shield on each of the four bosses. In each of the lanes is an indestructible enemy that is a huge hazard and just has to be avoided because they indestructible. The music is fantastic and the location is the coolest zone from the original Heart of Thorns maps. Plus compared to Dragonstand if I ever did it it was always because I thought "oh hey Auric is happening. I can do this if I want" rather than "Holy fucking shit I need to do this map like 5 more times before I can get my leadership runes / Chak Weapon Collection."

I really like Dragon Stand the most from gameplay perspective. But I do it much more rarely due to it being looong and the rewards not being anywhere near as good as Auric Basin. Especially if you consider the time it takes to do each.

On another not god damn I hate Tangled Depths. Trying to get 100% on it and I'm constantly lost in the maze. And the Chak wrecking me up so easily doesn't help at all. Would be the last HoT map to 100% for me.

Massicot

I think I like VB because it's not robotically divvied into "Lanes" even if functionally it acts just like the others. Maybe an irrational take, idk.

Now that I have all of the Siren's Landing backpieces (rip Karma) and bought some commander trinkets to re-bolster boonshare on my "zerker" chrono (rip LS3 currencies), I'm going to really focus on trying to not spend tokens/gold/etc before the expansion. I will be strong...must resist spending..

Massicot

I know that the number of people here that even care about this is probably 0 or 1 if I'm lucky, but it's an interesting little peek at some behind-the-scenes mechanics behaving in ways you don't expect, regardless.

It's about the Fragmented Anomaly stuff. Doing the glowing running-man event in a certain way for a tonic.

rcezrjy.png

th3dude

I know that the number of people here that even care about this is probably 0 or 1 if I'm lucky, but it's an interesting little peek at some behind-the-scenes mechanics behaving in ways you don't expect, regardless.

It's about the Fragmented Anomaly stuff. Doing the glowing running-man event in a certain way for a tonic.

rcezrjy.png

I'm not familiar with the event (returning casual player), but I like reading stuff like this. As a developer myself, I like when developers interact with users/players at this level.

Error

I've seen the event but never understood it.

Just some guy glowing running around.

Taffer

VB is the best HoT map for spontaneous timewasting, the event chains don't seem to need as many players as AB or TD so you can tryo to progress them yourself and once night falls you just pick a camp and try to hold it whether the map is populated or not. It's a good old-fashioned survival challenge, no need to co-ordinate across mapchat or press F on something or transform into anything - just smack smart monsters that use interesting skills and if it turns out it's a duff map that won't win the mapwide meta climax battle oh well I enjoyed myself, it's not as disappointing as a failure on the other three maps would be.
Special mention for AB's jetfuel rolling devils event, that one is ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom