• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie calls someone a "fucking n****r" during PUBG livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the biggest youtubers ever is a "youtube wannabe" ? Okay.

But damn, what an idiot. After the last time things took a bad turn for him i figured he'd learn, but i guess not. I get that things slip out, but this shouldnt be a word thats so easy to just slip out.

Honestly, the wsj thing shook him and he's having trouble keeping his persona in. The cracks in his golden armor are starting to show and the shit inside is flowing out.

nelo_inc

Just by looking at the Weekly top donators, you can tell that he doesn't even need to care.

Many of his cult followers don't have money problems..

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
At this point the apologists are pissing me off more than pewdiepie ever could. Fuck sake people.

this is basically me in most of these situations now

like, yeah pewdiepie is a racist piece of shit, but you expect racist pieces of shit to be racist pieces of shit

it's the morons who want to defend it that get my blood boiling

Guys like Pewdiepie don't have to "learn". He and a lot of his followers are mentally stunted 12 year old edgy trolls in the bodies of grown adults. They have no actual perception of the real world. That's speaking for a good chunk of these GamerGate/Alt-Right shitheads as a whole to be honest. Raised by the internet, never have had to answer to any consequences, in large part because of the relative anonymity of the internet and the insulation of the communities they subscribe to has protected them.

Merc_

Fuck him, but as a non american I don't understand why black people is allowed to say it or it doesn't matter if they use it. Just don't say the word everyone.

Damn, we're just doing the greatest hits on defending racists all up in this thread.

I hope no Black person cosigns the inevitable fake apology tour and potential sob story about how in his heart he's not really a racist.

I hope this hits proper mainstream news (like BBC shit) so maybe finally parents will think critically about the shit their kids are watching
Can't wait for the H3H3 "research video" where he slams the author of that piece for taking things out of context and then everyone in his circle pats him on the back for being a "real journalist".

Fuck him, but as a non american I don't understand why black people is allowed to say it or it doesn't matter if they use it. Just don't say the word everyone.

It's an act of defiance.

Not to mention, when black people say it it's usually not with a hard r.

Ottaro

It's the world we live in, I notice people like to get offended by everything and anything.

Speaking from what I see around me, that's all.
I will NEVER understand this.

"This person is upset about this event--ya know, the opposite of happy--they must really enjoy this." ???? ? ? ?? ?

MUnited83

For you.
The perjorative aspect is very well known come on man. The slavery aspect isn't but it has always been known as a slur. That be acting like people don't know that fuck is a swear word dspite it's common usage.It's extremely well known some people just try to down play it.
Eh, there's plenty of non-english native countries where the only times people hear the words is in music/movies/ other media. There are lots of people that don't think it's perjorative at all, as they never seen it used that way.
Not the case here, obviously: not only it was intentionally used as a insult, PewDiePie has no excuse whatsoever: he has interacted with English speaking communities for over a decade. He knows very well what the word means.

This is the new reality we live in. A reality in which an openly racist shitbag has millions of young fans viewing him as a role model and another openly racist shitbag is the president of the United States.

It was a good...what, 20 years? where open racism wasn't okay. Every day I become more aware that the social unacceptability racism in the late 90s-mid 10s was just a glitch in the matrix.

Because we can, leave it at that? No need to lecture black people on what we can and can't do when it comes to racism against us.

The people who are saying "he lives in Europe, he doesn't know better" are talking shit.

Maybe you use that excuse, and want to project that on this guy, but don't tar the rest of us with your ignorant nonsense.

Cyframe

A person doesn't accidentally say the n word unless it's part of their vocabulary that they use often. It reveals a character trait and in pewdiepie's case strengths the objections people have towards him.

All this money and he can't take a class on humility and tact.

LionPride

Banned
200w.gif

ChrisD

No sane person will defend racism.

No sane people, but people certainly will. And are, in this thread! If you want to lose most all faith in humanity you can probably read the YouTube comments. Or Twitter threads. Just to see how screwed it all is.

N° 2048

You seem outraged. Why you getting so outraged over simple words?

Then why do you care if people are mad at somebody for saying it?

You're just okay with going to bat for those that do though. That's all.

Don't say stupid things if you don't want people to tell you that you said a stupid thing.

Maybe you shouldn't post some b.s. about it then

You said "lol outrage culture" in response to a guy who doesn't understand why the N word is a big deal

Is it really hard to figure out why people were upset by you saying that

When you act like people being offended by the word nigger is outrage culture I'm gonna assume you say the word. Because defending this is stupid and you dont need ti devils advocate for fucking pew of all people. Fuck outta here with that victim complex.

Yeah I don't think acting shocked is going to get you out of this one buddy. That word is literally the most awful racial slur you can use in America and yet you're acting like people getting mad about it is just "PC Culture" as if it's no big deal that the fucking guy with huge influence over children and teenagers just dropped it like it was nothing.

But you just tried to pass it off as people getting offended over nothing so you clearly don't have a problem with the word.

So how often do you say it? You obviously do.

I will NEVER understand this.

"This person is upset about this event--ya know, the opposite of happy--they must really enjoy this." ???? ? ? ?? ?

Eh, no I was literally thinking of people getting offended by dumb shit (which this situation is not) ....

Like someone got offended I ate meat in front of them.
It was pretty fucking dumb of me to do that considering the context of this thread.

Yes, I'm an idiot. No I don't say that word, and I'm not racist. Enough people know me on here to know that.

I don't know what other words I can say to make you folks understand what I was thinking when I posted the reply.

before i clicked i thought there was a chance he said something like "my n****" to a friend

that would have been dumb af but a lot of tone-deaf white people do stuff like that (i did as a teenager 10+ years ago)

but he's straight up using it as an insult

there can be no doubt about his intent

fucking nazi prick

Piers

Your second sentence contradicts your first.

When the blood of your YouTube channel hinges so much on any press and attention, that's unfortunately bad news towards kids who are too out of the loop to know any better that they shouldn't be giving this man the time of day and instead, word that he's the edgy gamer that said the n-word is going to be tantalising instead of disgusting to the bratty white kids.

But really, there shouldn't anything to stop YouTube from outright closing down his channel for good, on that note.

Biske

You know, I was honestly expecting some kind of white guy appropriation of like "my nigga" at worst or something.

But nope.

A lot of us have horrible language when playing online or a game whatever, but I can honestly say never in my life has that came out as an insult.

Eylos

Banned
I can already see an apology that's not an apology but blames the "sjw" incoming

Fuck him, he needs to take responsibility for that

Nick

I wonder if Patricia Hernandez from Kotaku is going to write another apologist article about PewDiePie and how he's actually "not such a bad guy"? Watch it happen.

TheJoRu

Also that. There's a lot of gross stuff that can pop out of your mouth by accident. But if it's a racist thing, you must question yourself.

This. Sometimes you slip and say things you normally wouldn't, and you may feel that "shit, maybe I shouldn't have said that". But this is beyond that; words like that shouldn't be in your god damn vocabulary. I wouldn't be able to live with myself having said that without seriously examining why I would ever say such a thing and then trying to better myself from the inside out.

I'll wager mr. Pewds hardly feels the same way.

Can't wait for the H3H3 "research video" where he slams the author of that piece for taking things out of context and then everyone in his circle pats him on the back for being a "real journalist".
Remember how that journalist he named got harassed because of that

Wow Ethan great moves

Luminaire

Even if he apologizes and claims it was an accident, what's most unfortunate is that this word is in his vocabulary and is said on such a regular basis that it could "slip-out" or be accidentally said on stream, if he goes with that excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom