• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GQ: Harrison Ford gives more context on punching Ryan Gosling

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
giphy.gif

Briarios

His car was stuck in NYC traffic so he literally got out and started yelling at people.

Or, alternatively, people were being stupid, so he got out during a traffic jam, directed the flow of traffic, and got everything moving again. It's all in perspective.

Ford knew the moment that the reporter said he got Gosling's side that it was a set up for a funny anecdote -- a bit of color regarding the filming. Anyone reading more into it than that from either side is being ridiculous.

GhaleonEB

The entire piece is gold, strongly recommend read.

Late careers in Hollywood can be difficult, but Ford's has been elevated by a procession of his most iconic roles sweeping back into his life. “You know,” he begins, trying to find the appropriate level of ebullience, “it's…better than bowling.”

Blade Runner is just one example. The Indiana Jones franchise spluttered awake in 2008, with an older Jones finding new trouble in the postwar years, and a new Indiana Jones film is percolating. In fact, right at this very moment, as we sit here in his Santa Monica aircraft hangar, Ford's phone beeps with a text message telling him the new script is ready for him to read. He hopes it might happen in the second half of next year.

I ask him what this new Indiana Jones movie will need to be in order to have him fully engaged.

“Funded,” he replies.

'Yah i hit HIM'
'I made a mistake amd gave him whiskey'
'We are all good now'

Hate to be this person, but whats the story? Mistake happened, they went on with life.

I mean his responses and demeanor are hilarious

Dude is Han Solo

I feel like it's better in text. Harrison Ford doesn't exactly give great interviews (whether he's actually pissed off or just playing a role), and I've yet to watch one where the interviewer was able to do a good job. Even The Nerdist totally failed at their shot so hard that they apologized at the start of the podcast.

More like he's so beyond regular Q&A's at this point in his life he makes each one of them into a quotable/gif-able spectacle.

I am eternally thankful for that.

Edit: god I can't fucking wait for Blade Runner

I feel like it's better in text. Harrison Ford doesn't exactly give great interviews (whether he's actually pissed off or just playing a role), and I've yet to watch one where the interviewer was able to do a good job. Even The Nerdist totally failed at their shot so hard that they apologized at the start of the podcast.

More like he's old now, and just wants to live.

Santar

This was such a great interview, the reporter actually managed to get some funny and isnightful stories, Ford continues to be a very funny guy! :D
Apparently Ford has social anxiety, which is probably why he's so closed in these types of interviews, he's always been like that even back in the Star Wars days.
When he's with people he's more comfortable with he's a lot more talkative.
Take a look at this great interview with Jon Favreau for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgJYHsqJ6Ag

Top Bottom