• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 15 Thread Of Celebrity Meltdowns And Topical Comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Big so people can work with them.

n4Knw.jpg

VkQoD.jpg

Best episode of the season for me. The ending was weak but all the episodes this season have ended weak. Matt and Tre should focus on a better ending than middle. Although in a perfect world, it would be great all the way through

Kapura

Banned
There needs to be a gif of Kyle pushing himself away from the table. I'm sure there is a way to make it exploitable with what Cartman is saying prior to the leaving.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
confuziz said:
Great episode! But there was a huge fail with the 'wunterslaush' thing. That's german and not dutch =P

Sounded more like a mix of German and Russian than Dutch.

NEO0MJ

Great episode. Guess the series is not dead yet.

glaurung said:
Kudos for having the Okama GameSphere in Moore's office.

Just noticed after this comment. Also noticed that there wasn't a wii :(

This was a really strong episode overall, but if you are a fan of college athletics (I am, go Noles!) then I think you will agree with me that this was easily one of their best ever episodes. It's the kind of scathing social commentary that I want and love from South Park. They hit the nail dead on the head with that recruiting scene, and the whole idea of EA Sports making shit loads of cash off of people that see zero pay from them is right on. Throw on top of that a few absurdist sprinkles (WunterSlaush) and you've got a brilliant episode.

The only thing I thought was odd was that they seemed to use college basketball as the main metaphor when everybody knows that college football is 100x more corrupt (because it pulls in a lot more cash). EA doesn't put any push behind March Madness compared to how much they push NCAA Football. Plus, all the current corruption news is swirling around Ohio State and football in general. A small misstep in an otherwise perfect episode.

Did anybody else notice that Peter Moore had an Okama GameSphere in his office?

Apart from the "WunderSlaush"-song being a strange mix of German and Russian, this episode was freakin' fantastic. First few episodes had me worried, but dammit, this episode was redemption in its purest form. I lol'ed at Peter Moore, Jesus Christ that was amazing.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
It was nice to see the alma mater again.

GeoramA

This felt like an old-school south park episode. The only "current issue" was the slave/athlete stuff.

The Slash and EA sports stuff was amazing.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Cartman as boss was pretty enjoying. Kind of surprising to see the video game business pop up like that too, like the writers just found out about it and that it's making so much money. 2up.net made me lol tho, also the way Moore said "get the fuck outta my building"
01laugh.gif

GeoramA said:
This felt like an old-school south park episode. The only "current issue" was the slave/athlete stuff.
Uh, that was the whole episode?

Also still pretty unbelievable they mixed up German and Dutch, or did they do that on purpose?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Teetris said:
Also still pretty unbelievable they mixed up German and Dutch, or did they do that on purpose?
It's probably part of the joke.

They are very deliberate when it comes to language humor.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Rentahamster said:
It's probably part of the joke.

They are very deliberate when it comes to language humor.
Yeah it's probably the case as they used Sinterklaas (but gave it a german spin) for the base to make the Slash story. Also, it kinda fits with the whole "black slaves" theme.

Now that I think about it more, it was actually pretty genius in how it all ties together.

Oreoleo

This episode is why I still watch South Park. Maybe the seasons aren't as good as they used to be, but there's always those 1 or 2 episodes each season that completely knock it out of the park. This was one of them.

That was an incredible episode. Best of the season so far. Absolutely skewered the NCAA and EA Sports and the whole college sports setup. Awesome.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
What amuses me the most is:

1. The hospital looks exactly like University Hospital, run by CU.

2. The CU president's office, is laid out exactly like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom