• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Explain Your Username

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
The funkiest Doctor in the Land:

clones-of-funkenstein.jpg

ElurI

Banned
My name is I rule backwards. I use neostorm99 a lot as well as Ziefer_D which have no real meaning.

The I rule backwards came from a post it that was left on my desk, with a hand drawn picture of strong bad telling me that he rules, when I was trying to come up with a new name.

I think it sounds neat, albeit a bit feminine now that I have had time to reflect on it.

btf1980

On my 18th birthday, a bunch of my friends took me to a strip club. I had never been to one obviously. So, for the next hour or so, they decided to buy me lapdances with the bustiest women in the club. I'm talking comicbook breasts, like Maxi Mounds and Chelsea Charms boobs. (google them if you don't know what they look like) - Then about an hour into this fiasco, some guy we didn't know just blurted out "What are you guys trying to do to the kid? Turn him into some kinda big tit freak?" So from then on people kept calling me bigtitfreak. I'm convinced in college some people didn't know my name, they just called me that. So btf is short for bigtitfreak. 1980 is the year I was born. Voila btf1980.

The name of this character I draw:

aaron09.jpg

Who five years later became this character (who was renamed):

aryn2010.jpg

Strife doesn't actually come from Cloud Strife, but Elly Strife, a character from a flash cartoon called Bonus Stage. So (s)he's named after Cloud only by proxy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
KilgoreTrout said:
Character from Vonnegut books.
Kilgore Trout said:
What is this?!? Why have I not seen you before?

omg :lol

So anyway...

On July 4th, 1987, after the fireworks finished, my mom went into labor. Begging my dad to drive to the nearest hospital five miles away. My father, always knowing best, reassured her with obstinate resolve that we could get to our regular hospital in Miami, 30 miles away, no problem.

We almost made it.

The all-american classic that became my delivery room was a Buick Skyhawk.

2qn4j87.jpg

Fine machine. They stopped making them in 1989- that is to say, well before I had any conception of what it meant to me. Anyway, whenever I actually was told this story, it was early enough in my life that it began a longtime fascination with hawks and all birds of prey in general.

My favorite is the Red-tailed Hawk, that's

^that one

They are remarkable creatures. One of the only other species to demonstrate what we conceive of as "love." They're typically monogamous and may stay with their mates for their entire lives, sometimes fighting and even dying to protect one another. They are the best hunters for falconry, as well. Basically friendly (as far as birds that can pretty much kill you if they feel like it go), and diving, they can hit 130mph, a speed exceeded only by their also totally awesome relative the Peregrine Falcon, the fastest animal on earth.

Anyway... that's the story of how I was born.

Er. And my username.

I'm named after the first enemy you encounter in Phantasy Star IV (in the University basement in Piata), the Xanafalgue!

Behold its tiny wonder
xanafalgue.jpg

Evlar

Banned
Evlar is a portion of the name of my character in Dark Age of Camelot. It was invented by the game's random name generator.

At the end of the US MGS3 ad, it says "Peace. By any means necessary."

I was trying to think of a gamertag for Xbox Live, as this was Christmas day.

It stuck.

Minamu

I needed a "cute" name for an MMO :lol I basically just mashed my keyboard & it came up. Has stuck with me since ROSE Online... I had no idea that Minami is a fairly common surname in Japan & also their word for the wind blowing in an eastern direction (or something like that).

AcciDante

I used the name Dante333 for everything online when I was younger because of the character from DMC, and 333 because the character is half demon (666). Someone had that name on XBL, and I just added 3's to the last two.

I usually use my last name for w/e I do on the internet but decided somehow I didn't want to for GAF so I used demosthenes. Don't know I settled on that over others, but I like it.

GeeDuhb

About a year ago (maybe a little more) I decided I was bored with all my old usernames and wanted something new and unique, which others would not have so I could use on any and every site which I signed up for.

I thought for a long time...My initials are G.W., and some of my friends call me "GeeDuhb." I though "wow, that is unique and sounds cool." I fooled around with the spelling for a while (I wanted something spelled phonetically, so little 12 year olds on Live would have less of a chance of botching it) and came up with this one. I then changed my XBL gamertag to it, and when I got my PS3, I made that my PSN nick.

So hi, I'm GeeDuhb. :D

GeeDuhb said:
About a year ago (maybe a little more) I decided I was bored with all my old usernames and wanted something new and unique, which others would not have so I could use on any and every site which I signed up for.

I thought for a long time...My initials are G.W., and some of my friends call me "GeeDuhb." I though "wow, that is unique and sounds cool." I fooled around with the spelling for a while and came up with this one. I then changed my XBL gamertag to it, and when I got my PS3, I made that my PSN nick.

So hi, I'm GeeDuhb. :D

No.

Jazzy Network said:
My home's wireless SSID.
Oh sweet! So when I'm out wardriving*, and I find Jazzy Network, I'll know that I've found Jazzy Network!

*I have no f'ing idea what wardriving is, nor would I ever do it, do I look like Comic Book Store Guy? †

†OKok, my SSID is All Your Base Are Belong to Us, which is very Comic Book Store Guy. Is that so wrong?

SaskBoy

I am from Saskatchewan + I am a boy= Saskboy.

Simple enough. Plus it is similar to Sackboy and Sackboys are awesome.

judhudson

Nothing specially, really. My real name rhymes - Judson Hudson - so I just mashed it up into Judhudson. Had this (online) nickname for the longest time...

bucklam66

Combination of first name, partial last name and 66, came up in a random username generator in 1998 or so, just stuck with it.

andycapps

Jasup said:
You do know Andy Capp, the guy pictured on the bag, is quite a famous comic strip character?

Yeah, but most people these days, especially where I live, seem to know the name more by the cheese fries.

Integra

Neo Member
-chuckles- I want to see how many can actually guess how mine came about. Whenever anyone sees this name, one of two guesses come to mind. :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom