• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2013 - best E3 ever?

Niks

Dude, this is the E3 where next-gen will be the spotlight. When was the last E3 that featured that? 8 years ago.

Dont forget the meltdowns and bans! The hyperbole!, the realtime
CG
trailers! The promises! The gifs! The dev quotes! the "SE just shot itself in the foot" moments!!!

It will be glorious!

Too many are saying we hype it every year. They're announcing the next generation, something we haven't seen since '05. Hype is well justified this year.

Last year already suggested strongly that E3 is finished as a hype machine, no one wanted to release their big news there to be overshadowed by other companies. I would expect both Sony and Microsoft to reveal most information about their new consoles in their own events long before E3, so that they don't need to compete for attention.

FStop7

Banned
Dont forget the meltdowns and bans! The hyperbole!, the CG trailers! The promises! The gifs! The dev quotes! the "SE just shot itself in the foot" moments!!!

It will be glorious!

This. Some peoples' expectations are going to run wild (that's already happening at full speed) and by the time E3 gets here there is no humanly possible way they can be met. Any failure to deliver on an individual's hype-fueled fantasies is going to result in a huge meltdown.

I'm praying that theres a TON of new titles! I like sequels but some fresh ideas would be VERY welcome. Maybe Phantom Pain will make another appearance?? I just feel this is going to be a redeeming year.

I see a lot of people saying this, but I can seem to figure out why you would want a sequel.

The first game pretty much consisted solely of pressing the same button again and again to progress.

After that AWFUL Alan wake DLC I don't know how ANYONE could welcome such a thing! It was like the endless eight of Haruhi -_- TERRIBLE.

18-Volt

Nintendo is confirmed to deliver.

Sony could deliver, if they announce at least ONE new Vita game. All the PS4, Uncharted 4 and Killzone 4, Sucker Punch new IP and FF15 announcements will make people forget about Vita completely. Do something Sony.

Microsoft? Halo 5.

Fireblend

Banned
After that AWFUL Alan wake DLC I don't know how ANYONE could welcome such a thing! It was like the endless eight of Haruhi -_- TERRIBLE.

I thought it was ok. I did appreciate it much more for the improved combat mechanics and enemy variety though; I thought the revisiting mechanic was clever too, not sure how it could've been executed better. Definitely looking forward to AW 2.

I thought it was ok. I did appreciate it much more for the improved combat mechanics and enemy variety though; I thought the revisiting mechanic was clever too, not sure how it could've been executed better. Definitely looking forward to AW 2.

You liked going through and doing almost the EXACT same thing(beside improved mechanics)?... I thought it was an interesting idea that went terribly wrong in actuality. The novelty ran it's course on the third run through. Yeesh. Maybe a PROPER number 2. Because it's fair to say that DLC is DLC. I regard it as a "halo wars" kind of hiccup.

Derrick01

Banned
All those years of cynicism have brought us to this clairvoyant post and validation of your tag :)

Just trying to bring some sanity here. I don't enjoy this place post E3 when it's a bad one and everyone's whining for days about how horrible it was because they expected a ton of things that were never going to happen.

It would be unfair on 2013 to just narrow it down to E3. 2013 is going to be the best year in a LONG TIME for games, probably the best since 2007. To be fair though, it hasn't got that much to stand up to. 2012 was fucking horrible.

AOC83

Banned
Just trying to bring some sanity here. I don't enjoy this place post E3 when it's a bad one and everyone's whining for days about how horrible it was because they expected a ton of things that were never going to happen.

That was because the last E3s were horrible even for people with modest expectations.
This year shit is going down. At least one of the big three is going to deliver.

daveo42

Banned
I'm still expecting console reveals before E3 and hope that E3 will be nothing but big game reveals and pricing/launch windows for PS4/720.

Surprise announcements would be great, but I'm expecting more of the same from MS (Kinect everywhere) and Sony (too much time given to something no one cares about).

quest

Not Banned from OT
I can't wait it is going to be epic all the way around. Lots of stuff on the next gen consoles and a few heavy hitter from nintendo. Also will be a ton of meltdowns when MS spends 15 minutes on kinect 2.0. Going to be glorious I might even take those days off of work for it.

E3 this year is going to be a roller coaster that never stops.

I'm going to be glued to the internet. I expect PC's to melt, tears to drop, controllers to smash from glee and excitement and a few bannings if it gets there.

Bgamer90

Banned
and the GAF E3 cycle begins.

Figure we would know better by now, huh?

But this upcoming E3 will obviously be the huge starting point for the transition into next gen.

To say that this upcoming E3 will be like E3 2012 and 2011 is pretty faulty imo.

The 360/PS3 being old is part of the reason why many found the past two E3s to be disappointing.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
But this upcoming E3 will obviously be the huge starting point for the transition into next gen.

To say that this upcoming E3 will be like E3 2012 and 2011 is pretty faulty imo.

The 360/PS3 being old is part of the reason why many found the past two E3s to be disappointing.

I didn't say this upcoming E3 will be like those of 2012 and 2011 the reactions will.

It will never live up to GAF some members expectations and just like every year there will be glorious meltdowns and bans.

How great would it be if the new XBOX turns out to be a Kinect Machine full stop.

If both consoles don't dissapoint with a bunch of casual shit and soccer mom focus.
If just cause 3 is shown
If some interesting platformers/futuristic racing games (f zero or rollcage or something like that) are shown for the new consoles
If theres more tech demos and ue4 doesn't get its lighting axed for the weak ass consoles

Then maybe.

It can't be worse than the last 4 years that's for sure.

The console unveils wont be at E3, but a lot of their games most likely will. Much more interested in third party next gen titles than anything else. Also can't wait to see the services Sony/Microsoft offer as well as the controllers they go with.

Are people serious with the, "It's the same every year" crap? I mean I get it if the game industry doesn't excite you, but come on E305? This might even top that. Two console reveals (or more explanation) and Nintendo pulling out all the guns to compete... yea a console could be shown and be complete garbage, but that would still make it better than the past 4-6 years (a bad console would still be entertaining).

It will never live up to GAF some members expectations and just like every year there will be glorious meltdowns and bans.

Oh well that's true. Nothing can ever compare to GAF hype.

Clash of the Titans!

Sony vs Microsoft, the battle for Next-Gen.

It's going to be amazing, can't wait to see what they have in store for next-gen.

Sadist

Well it could be interesting this year; games for the NextBox and Orbis...

Plus Smash, EAD Tokyo 3D Mario and the new Mario Kart.

It's definitely more interesting

Angry Fork

I used to say this every year until all 3 managed to disappoint somehow in every way year after year. Now it feels like there's less focus on surprises/megatons. They just keep showing shit we already know about. I began to get more and more annoyed when Sony's highlight was Uncharted or God of War which is so boring. They're great series but where's the stuff that's really new? The horrible Move/Kinect stuff goes without saying also.

I used to say every year 'next year they'll definitely show Versus 13/Last Guardian, it's been so long!'. Can't believe we still know so little about them. With all that being said it does seem like this will be a huge E3 just because of the new consoles. But I'm going to reel in the hype, I fully expect the consoles to be cool but they will show a bunch of boring stupid CGI teasers. If they show real in-game gameplay footage of next-gen stuff then I'll be surprised.

U2NUMB

I see a lot of people saying this, but I can seem to figure out why you would want a sequel.

The first game pretty much consisted solely of pressing the same button again and again to progress.

Oculus Rift would be a damn good reason for ME2.

Wait, Iwata said Smash screens? I thought he just said that Smash would be at e3.

Nuuuuuuuuuuu.

Have they ever just shown pictures of a game at an E3 conference? That'd be pretty damn awkward.

Hell they had nothing to show for Bayonetta 2 and even that had a trailer.

I'm sure there will be a trailer at least.

But I'm going to reel in the hype, I fully expect the consoles to be cool but they will show a bunch of boring stupid CGI teasers. If they show real in-game gameplay footage of next-gen stuff then I'll be surprised.

Considering Orbis and Durango are coming this year, I highly doubt we won't see in game footage/demos of games.

MC Safety

The best E3 was the one that had room to walk around and the noise wasn't unbearable.

(Oh, it was also the year the Sega unveiled The Dreamcast.)

it surely will be the first E3 i'm taking vacation off from work to see it, it streams after midnight on a weekday here in Europe :D

Bgamer90

Banned
I didn't say this upcoming E3 will be like those of 2012 and 2011 the reactions will.

Oh I see.

Yeah, it is true that many have very unrealistic expectations.

How great would it be if the new XBOX turns out to be a Kinect Machine full stop.

It would cause a lot of meltdowns lol.

It won't happen though; they have too many 3rd party (core game) companies on their side.

Jarnet87

Sony and Microsoft better bring their A game, not just some info on their new system. They better show it off with some sexy titles. Nintendo gonna show off Mario, both Zeldas, & more of the stuff from this Nintendo Direct and other titles. I'm sure they will present some boring MiiVerse stuff as well, but the focus is gonna be games games games.

Top Bottom