• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero 3 - first videos

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BrandNew said:
Thank GOD this isn't a rickroll!

I don't do rickrolls. Lamest fad ever to brace this forum.

Anyway, the presentation in this game looks shitty. But I guess it's not final, especially since the colors notes are still different (stupid idea to change em btw)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I hate slow ride with a passion.

I'm in the minority I guess though, I love my name is Jonas.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Wario64 said:

Anyway, the presentation in this game looks shitty. But I guess it's not final, especially since the colors notes are still different (stupid idea to change em btw)

Colors look the same to me. But the presentation definitely looks a step below GHII, maybe even below GHI, ugh.

sp0rsk said:

*High fives*

Having only played little Guitar Hero, how does it handle slides?

Honestly, hardly any different than any other note, I'd imagine. Just hold it longer or it might even be a string of two notes that a longer.

Wow, both songs sound/probably play lame (I've always hated slow ride, never heard the other song before, but it sucks too). Then again, I guess anything looks boring after playing Jordan and Hangar 18 :/

pilonv1

Bebpo said:
My Name is Jonas looks really boring to play :( Should've used Pinkterton material...

They should just release a Blue+Pinkerton version. Surf Wax America would be insane to play.

Umino

Because certain people need something to talk about.
pilonv1 said:
They should just release a Blue+Pinkerton version. Surf Wax America would be insane to play.

If an all Weezer guitar hero were released it would be the one act that could cause me to lose my religion.

In a bad way of course.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
RattleHead_ said:
Is the audio out of sync in these videos or is it just me?

I tried playing along with the video and it seemed like the notes were lagging. Hopefully the video was out of sync and it wasn't the game.

Tobor

sp0rsk said:

It's one of my favorite Weezer songs actually.

I'm just really bummed that these aren't just downloads for GHII. The whole thing is a cash grab to sell more guitars.

"Oh, nooowww we can do wireless guitars on 360...suckers."

Just make one front end and sell downloads, Activision. I don't like swapping disks to get to different songs I want to play. So frustrating. /done ranting

TheFallen

The new UI is a little odd, and what's with the lack of guitarist shots? Noticed this in Slowride, barely zooms in on Lars.

Put me in the "not feeling the new HUD, at all" category.

And if the new fret colors thing is true, they should title the game "Guitar Hero III: Fixin' what wasn't broke".

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Heeeey they didn't screw it up and made a clean imitation of the first two, good job. I'm hoping they continue the good vibe and make some fun note layouts for the tracks. That's what set Guitar Hero above and beyond most music games out there.

BrandNew said:
Thank GOD this isn't a rickroll!

EDIT: OMG MY NAME IS JONAS
I think the ire that would arise from such a thing would be too much even for GAF.

and I shall add my voice to the crowd of "crappy HUD" complainers. that looks like so much crap.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
a Master Ninja said:
Put me in the "not feeling the new HUD, at all" category.

And if the new fret colors thing is true, they should title the game "Guitar Hero III: Fixin' what wasn't broke".

Well Harmonix isn't developing this, so I expect a bunch of new additions/changes to this one just for the sake of it. I remember hearing some podcast mentioning that it's gonna have boss battles..what? If it wasn't for the cool initial track list for GH3, I wouldn't even bother checking this game

comrade

duderon said:
I'm just saying, not unless they changed it so that you must use all 5 notes in normal.
They really should but just take notes out. Would be a lot easier to work your way into harder difficulties then starting out playing with 3 or 4 buttons.

Vlad

While I'm also not really liking the new HUD as much as the old-style one, I do like the little note counter that pops up once you get past a 30 note streak.

Wario64 said:
Well Harmonix isn't developing this, so I expect a bunch of new additions/changes to this one just for the sake of it. I remember hearing some podcast mentioning that it's gonna have boss battles..what? If it wasn't for the cool initial track list for GH3, I wouldn't even bother checking this game

Why not? Because it's not your precious Harmonix doing song pack for the game? At least they're trying.

JimiNutz

Banned
duderon said:
I tried playing along with the video and it seemed like the notes were lagging. Hopefully the video was out of sync and it wasn't the game.

Apparently Neversoft has screwed around with the timing. ign said they failed the first time they tried to play because the timing is all different. Luckily they said it doesn't take long to get used to the new timing, and that Neversoft are aware of the problem and constantly tweaking it.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
GAH....... the interface...... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i wanted a newer look but this is just worse, lets hope its a alpha hud o_O

kzkb1

Banned
Wario64 said:

Wait, what? They're changing the colors? Why?

Wow, Guitar Hero 3 news already? Psh, what should I have expecte? This is Activision we're dealing with; we can expect a new Gee-tar Hero every year. They're going to beat this horse to death too fast.

Guitar Hero, you're dead to me.

Top Bottom