• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends: Leaked Wii-U Trailer

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Why would people even begin to think this would be a Wii-U exclusive? Was there a rumour it would be or something?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
can already see nintendo using that NFC for a wiiu pokemon

Why would people even begin to think this would be a Wii-U exclusive? Was there a rumour it would be or something?

no idea where they are getting that info it only said wiiu gets exclusive features not that the game is exclusive

irlhXMckXH7kj.gif

Log4Girlz

I wonder if its NFC technology or if its image recognition. The tablet has the tech. I'm 99% sure its NFC, but will they make an NFC heart? A large Assassin's creed model with NFC? Or will there be software to recognize Ubisoft artwork by showing the item to the camera. Like hey, I know that toy, its Enzio, or a Rabbid, I recognize it and have content for it. Hmm.

Also the French are the worst at keeping secrets lol.

guek

Banned
what is the deal with placing shit on the screen anyway? Some joke I'm missing or does the Wii U tablet has SCREEN SCANNING technology? ;)

NFC. The Wii U tablet can recognize tiny chips placed in just about anything, cards, figurines, credit cards, you name it. It's the same tech that's used in credit card paypass.

Foffy

Banned
I don't understand why they are using 3D character models now? Still looks good, let's see who's doing this. Could've the Ancel team been this quick?

Ancel said a few months ago that he was working on a 3D Rayman game. Either that's still in development, or perhaps he was talking about this.

luffeN

screenshot2012-04-27aqbupq.png

I wonder how that controller holds up to long play sessions for certain genres?

Guys, come on! Look at this pic and look at the connecting cable. Looks like dev unit style cabling xD There is still a chance that the controller will be changed a little (for you analogue stick guys). Plus please don't jump to conclusions with "one U Pad only". This is exactly why Nintendo does not want leaks to happen before they accounce their stuff themselves, imo.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Looks nice, not fond of the figurine aspect like other people seem to be though. I may not even get it if it's basically expensive DLC with physical products attached and they want me to buy a figurine for every extra character... That is, if all versions are like that, I don't plan to jump on the Wii U bandwagon right away or anything, it has to prove itself, like the 3DS has yet to do for me.

Too bad they didn't leak some exclusive 3D game they have (like that dodgy FPS) to get an idea of how their first U stuff will look.

Edit: wait, people would prefer to have to get 2-3 extra Upads instead of use the Wiimotes (which work fine in Origins)? Smh.

And no, this probably doesn't prove you can only ever use one Upad with the system, it's just what most people will have for a long time, and what this game caters to, just as it doesn't prove the Upads will be tethered, lol...

JordanKZ

Holy shit does not cover how insane that looked. I literally finished Rayman Origins last night on my Vita... And maaan does this new one look pretty. Mental NFC features to boot!

Elixist

This 2d engine is so goddam gorgeous! Hopefully we get more different properties from it, be still my beating heart.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Love the art style. They managed to take a gorgeous piece of art and say 'nah, let's not do the same thing over' without making it look worse. Settings look awesome.

SykoTech

Watching again....is the tablet not wireless?

Someone please tell me they're just playing with a low battery or something.

Amir0x

Banned
NFC. The Wii U tablet can recognize tiny chips placed in just about anything, cards, figurines, credit cards, you name it. It's the same tech that's used in credit card paypass.

oh...ok. Just another one of those superfluous gimmicks that Nintendo loves to add then. Thanks

Man, I really can't wait for this game now. I hope Wii U is backward compatible... so that I can play Xenoblade on it too at launch. Rayman Legends + Xenoblade would make a good time if I have to suffer launch window blues.

Edit 2: Still only one tablet + other controllers. Did Nintendo fix the only one tablet works per system thing or not?

what is the deal with placing shit on the screen anyway? Some joke I'm missing or does the Wii U tablet has SCREEN SCANNING technology? ;)

I imagine placing something on the screen puts it into 'scanning mode'. You then input a simple 25 digit code supplied with the figure to activate the content in game.

kinggroin

Banned
NFC is a fantastic feature. Should make for easy payments in the eshop using my android phone, and not needing to store my personal info on the system is a plus!

Erethian

Guys, come on! Look at this pic and look at the connecting cable. Looks like dev unit style cabling xD There is still a chance that the controller will be changed a little (for you analogue stick guys). Plus please don't jump to conclusions with "one U Pad only". This is exactly why Nintendo does not want leaks to happen before they accounce their stuff themselves, imo.

There is going to be only one pad controller in the box, so that's all you're going to see in trailers from third parties irrespective of whether the system supports more or not.

FillerB

I wonder if its NFC technology or if its image recognition. The tablet has the tech. I'm 99% sure its NFC, but will they make an NFC heart? A large Assassin's creed model with NFC? Or will there be software to recognize Ubisoft artwork by showing the item to the camera. Like hey, I know that toy, its Enzio, or a Rabbid, I recognize it and have content for it. Hmm.

It would be AMAZING if that would be the case but I'm betting on it "just" being NFC too. If was just image recognizition then they couldn't make money on special NFC-chipped merchandise.

I'm not sure how to feel really. The game itself looked great but the trailer itself kind of seemed to detract from it some. Doesn't seem like the place to add in the items on screen stuff and the acting was really quite terrible. Not sure how I feel about some of the tablet stuff so far either.

Amir0x

Banned
is this wii u exclusive?? or is it gonna come to ps3 and 360 as well??

either way...... i m loving it!!!

PS360/WiiU with "Wii U exclusive content"

Leondexter said:
I'll pick up a version without a touch screen or NFC, thanks.

It's mandatory for Nintendo's platforms, you know that. They have to add as much crap gimmicks to their consoles as possible to get the non-gamers interested. I'll just ignore it. At least it's not Kinect, since the controller is preeetty traditional. Glad also to see it's traditional controller oriented and not wiimote oriented

zroid

Banned

I doubt it, I bet this vid was headed for Nintendo's E3 briefing. Looks like they've just had a change of plans.

I never understood why the face buttons are UNDER the second analog. Looks extremely uncomfortable. Not in Rayman though because of the 2D nature of it, but for 3D games.

Top Bottom