• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 Localization Incoming? [Nope, Hoax]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

Not surprising. I'm pretty sure I posted here before that the localization was being worked on, they just hadn't made a decision on what method to use to release the game.

Famassu

Could someone upload the picture somewhere else than Tinypic, their pics never load for me for whatever reason. Imgur or Abload, preferably.

Thanks in advance.

I actually know someone who was doing the translation (well, actually he couldn't tell me exactly what he working on, but knowing him and what games SE is releasing it wasn't hard to put 2 and 2 together), and while I haven't talked to him for a long while, at the time he said that he was waiting to hear from SE whether or not he should continue. So, it is at least possible that this rumor is true.

Takao

Banned
Famassu said:
Could someone upload the picture somewhere else than Tinypic, their pics never load for me for whatever reason. Imgur or Abload, preferably.

Thanks in advance.

It's just Steve Blum (LA based voice actor) saying on Tiwtter that he's voicing a character named King in a new Final Fantasy.

Type-0 just so happens to have this character named King:
xFhBV.png

Gravijah said:
are you really takao

i am oakat

Seriously, Square should have an up port ready for the North American Vita launch, or close to it. That's its best chance of doing well I'd say.

Anyways, glad to see this is coming.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Shocking. :p

But I'm happy I held off on the JP version then. Blum as King? I can see it, and btw, King is super-awesome to use in battle. A lot of the ranged attackers seem to be great.

Erethian

Shalashaska161 said:
Seriously, Square should have an up port ready for the North American Vita launch, or close to it. That's its best chance of doing well I'd say.

Would have thought the size of the install base might hamper the sales of the game.

If they were going to port it they might as well do a PSP Remaster for PS3 to go alongside any Vita release. Try and get it on as many platforms as possible.

Takao

Banned
Erethian said:
Would have thought the size of the install base might hamper the sales of the game.

If they were going to port it they might as well do a PSP Remaster for PS3 to go alongside any Vita release. Try and get it on as many platforms as possible.

Well, a brand new Final Fantasy would certainly help that install base grow, haha. If it were to hit launch window, I'd imagine it also would have some legs of steel.

I was always under the impression that Type-0 was to be a start of a handheld sub series of Final Fantasies, so crossing the streams to a platform that'll have 3 native Final Fantasies (2 before Type-0 HD could be released) is a bit weird.

Aeana

I'll be playing the Japanese version on Vita regardless thanks to the ability to map buttons to the right stick, so I don't really care where the US version ends up. That said, a different platform where they can actually make the camera system work natively would be a plus.

Pachinko

I was just watching the big gameplay trailer of this at uh gametrailers and I was left wondering when and how it'll make it out over here. With the PSP game complete it would be kind of lame to not do some kind of print run for it but I suspect a digital release will be looked at and more importantly a ps3 exclusive remaster disc.

I mean it's gotta be the most expensive game on the system by a huge margin, 2 UMD's , full cg movies throughout, huge 3d world. Must have cost at least as much as any of the PS2 final fantasy titles.

If Square and Sony play their cards correctly, a Holiday 2012 launch on Vita would blow system sales through the roof, maybe even a limited edition bundle like the few they collaborated on PSP.

Kyoufu

ConradCervantes said:
If Square and Sony play their cards correctly, a Holiday 2012 launch on Vita would blow system sales through the roof, maybe even a limited edition bundle like the few they collaborated on PSP.

Summer or bust.

Aeana

ConradCervantes said:
Holiday 2012 is too far away. I really do suspect that no matter what they do, they'll be aiming to get it out in the first half of 2012, and within this fiscal year if at all possible.

Famassu

ConradCervantes said:
No, VITA LAUNCH DAY 1 RELEASE or bust.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I was expecting it to make it across seeing as how all the other Final Fantasy spin-offs have made it across on the PSP...

I'm hoping to get it when I get the Vita on launch.

Kyoufu

This is the first game I'm downloading on Vita this December but I'm worried about the camera. Is there any camera control?

Erethian

Takao said:
Well, a brand new Final Fantasy would certainly help that install base grow, haha. If it were to hit launch window, I'd imagine it also would have some legs of steel.

I was always under the impression that Type-0 was to be a start of a handheld sub series of Final Fantasies, so crossing the streams to a platform that'll have 3 native Final Fantasies (2 before Type-0 HD could be released) is a bit weird.

That's assuming Type-0 has the kind of brand awareness in America that'd make it a real system seller.

Not saying it'd do any better on PSP, but I'm unsure whether Type-0 has the kind of Western hype that would convince people it's worth buying a $250 system to play. Whereas at least if they were to release it for PS3 as well, as a PSP Remaster, you could advertise to existing FF13 owners.

Aeana

Kyoufu said:
This is the first game I'm downloading on Vita this December but I'm worried about the camera. Is there any camera control?
The camera control in the demo is horrible. They supposedly improved it since then, but I don't expect it'll be very good if played on a PSP regardless. On the Vita, you should be able to map the dpad buttons to the right stick for a dramatic improvement. Unfortunately, based on the demo, I'm not convinced that that alone will be enough to solve it so I hope that the improvements they've made are good enough.

neptunes

Shalashaska161 said:

Yeah, they should release the game on PSP and upgraded version for VITA.

Kyoufu

Aeana said:
The camera control in the demo is horrible. They supposedly improved it since then, but I don't expect it'll be very good if played on a PSP regardless. On the Vita, you should be able to map the dpad buttons to the right stick for a dramatic improvement. Unfortunately, based on the demo, I'm not convinced that that alone will be enough to solve it so I hope that the improvements they've made are good enough.

Oh, that is good then. I can live with the camera on the right stick. The worst part will be the wait between the game's launch and the Vita launch :(

Takao

Banned
neptunes said:
Yeah, they should release the game on PSP and upgraded version for VITA.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think they shouldn't release a PSP SKU in the west at all. No point in releasing a version that'll be devoured by pirates if you can try to encourage them to buy it (even if it's on a new $250 platform).

I say that as someone who's owned way too many PSPs, and like a 100 PSP games.

Erethian said:
That's assuming Type-0 has the kind of brand awareness in America that'd make it a real system seller.

Not saying it'd do any better on PSP, but I'm unsure whether Type-0 has the kind of Western hype that would convince people it's worth buying a $250 system to play. Whereas at least if they were to release it for PS3 as well, as a PSP Remaster, you could advertise to existing FF13 owners.

Assuming the game is prettied up for a dance on another platform, I can see it doing pretty well if marketed as a dark return to the Final Fantasies of old.

Razlo

I absolutely loved the demo and I'm so enthused by this news. I'll definitely be playing it on my Vita with dual analog.

Squalltdx

Vita up port with new content for NA/EU, international version release for Japan with new content. At least that's how I hope it goes.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aeana said:
Exactly why I cancelled my UMD preorder. I don't really have much faith that delaying the game to make improvements would dramatically improve the camera and the way to obtain Phantoma based on the demo and the PSP controls/button assignment. Waiting for Vita as well.

Outside of that, I had fun with it after a while with the demo. However, the camera and the Phantoma gathering needed improvement... and I'm not sure if that can be fully achieved with the current button assignment on PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom