• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
marc^o^ said:
Big Pokemon presence in this Smash Bros 0_o

Now if they manage to include Nintendogs and Dr Kawashima in this game, it will expand its appeal to the widest crowd ever.
I suggest you watch the E3 trailer again.

Nintendogs_in_SSB_Brawl.jpg

Espada

marc^o^ said:
Big Pokemon presence in this Smash Bros 0_o

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the secret characters is Lucario, one of the new pokemon from Diamond/Pearl.

Now if they manage to include Nintendogs and Dr Kawashima in this game, it will expand its appeal to the widest crowd ever.

Dr Kawashima? It's been said before, but he could be the head to the hands. Oh and the Fox visor thing? I checked in the Delfino Plaza screens, and it seems like the little screen is over his eye permanently.

chikorita's looking pretty damn good, as are the new leaves

Espada

Smiles and Cries said:
well maybe just the large guys (legendary)

Nah, wouldn't be surprised if they updated with a new pokemon that can come out of the ball along with some other random thing. Even including D/P legendaries it wouldn't take long to get through them all.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Branduil said:
mball01_070605b-l.jpg

Also, shadows for you guys who keep complaining.
But OMG look:
mball01_070605e-l.jpg

And no hit percentage counter either! I bet Sakurai will ship the game like this!!one11one1

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Espada said:
mball01_070605b-l.jpg

Wow, has Fox had his little visor thing over his eye in the other images? This is a pretty good update, another legendary to avoid like the plague. I wonder if he just walks back and forth, or just falls off the stage or something.
I sit here, waiting for a better pic for the obvious OMG IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!1!!!!!! spoof :)

OriGiN

Banned
Did anyone else not notice that a new stage was revealed also?

mball02_070605c-l.jpg

Although it's virtually the same looking at the SSBM level it's still new for this game, I haven't seen it before (is it in the trailers? I don't remember).

Looks nice and 'HD' as ever "D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
GaimeGuy said:
Just because "people have been doing the same thing all the time in this thread" doesn't make it any more or less right.

It's illegal, and I'm 99% sure that it's also a bannable offense.

Actually, you're wrong on several counts.

First, case law does not present a precedent There is no law that specifically makes hotlinking illegal so the only way it could hypothetically be illegal is if case law represented a clear precedent. It doesn't.

Deep linking was nominally protected in Kelly v. Arriba Soft Corporation; although deep linking and hotlinking are not necessarily similar, it does show one important thing. Hotlinking or deep linking does not always or automatically constitute copyright infringement.

Perfect 10 v. Google actually ruled against the above finding and then was overturned on appeal. So that's three conflicting findings, right there. However, there's another aspect to Perfect 10 v. Google that is useful to look at; judges debated the merits of Framing, the court found that framing, or putting a distant website's deep linked page inside a frame within Google as a broader site was legal, specifically reasoning that since Google only provided the instruction for the user's browser to fetch the files, they could not be held liable. Consider applying this test to hotlinking.

There has never been a ruling in regards to hotlinking that addresses the issue of whether or not "bandwidth leeching" is illegal. Is seems obvious that this is the issue you are referring to, since only a nutcase would be claiming that Gaffers leeching images are profiting, claiming ownership, or infringing copyright.

Second, hotlinking is not always illegal. Even if you accept that hotlinking can be illegal, it is not automatically so. Many companies can and do consent to hotlinking. The most obvious example is a banner ad or an image host. Evidently, then, there must be some way to determine whether or not it is illegal in the case of an individual server. From a due dilligence point of view, I would argue that .htaccess / referrer denial would be considered an acceptable metric. At the bare minimum something like a robots.txt denial or other instruction to prevent content access, or a META noindex tag on the page hosting the images, or some sort of indication that the site does not want you to leech will be needed.

If I remember correctly, the anti-leeching rule on GAF is primarily to prevent the blowback if a leeched image gets swapped with Goatse or PAIN or a password-security image that causes every reading of the thread ot have to cancel out of a password dialog. None of these will ever happen.

There's a clear difference between image leeching product images from Amazon.com or screenshots from GameSpot or the Smash Brothers website and image leeching for some guy's little server where it's going to cost him or her money.

ant1532

Banned
OriGiN said:
Did anyone else not notice that a new stage was revealed also?

mball02_070605c-l.jpg

Although it's virtually the same looking at the SSBM level it's still new for this game, I haven't seen it before (is it in the trailers? I don't remember).

Looks nice and 'HD' as ever "D
Didn't read OP? Pokemon Stadium has been listed there along with a picture...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Rogultgot said:
Wait, no big TV screen in Pokémon Stadium? :(
We haven't seen much from Pokémon stadium, so it could still be there. If you look at last screenshot posted it looks like there is an edge to an rectangular object off to the right, this could be where the screen is.

Jiggy

It's not quite the reconfirmation of Jigglypuff that I wanted, but I'll settle. Glad to see they're still generally keeping with the proper size scale for Poke Ball releases. ("Generally" because things like Goldeen and Chikorita are still too big, but Groudon and other legendaries have typically been done at the right size.) I wonder if they'll put Wailord in since it's the largest of all...

Linkup

Goodness, I actually had to wiki Murphy’s Law and then it says it a common western saying.

For some reason this stage reminded me of the crowd cheerings. They need the announcer to do more during gameplay this time around he could say some really hilarious stuff, maybe be the loud sarcastic overplaying type.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Finally ****ing unbanned!! Got to say that after hearing the recently published Yoshi song, something tells me that the Pokemon theme is going to be legendary!

Firestorm

Jocchan said:
I sit here, waiting for a better pic for the obvious OMG IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!1!!!!!! spoof :)

I just got this, someone make something better:

fox9000.jpg

Pokerap reference for those who had a childhood where they weren't up to their necks in Pokemon merchandise. Good times.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Vic said:
Finally ****ing unbanned!! Got to say that after hearing the recently published Yoshi song, something tells me that the Pokemon theme is going to be legendary!

I was unbanned too. :)

Yoshi Story Ending:

This is coming from someone who has never heard the ending theme to Yoshi Story.

"DEE EEEEEE NOOOOOOOO"
->
"THE EEEEEND NOOOOOOOO"
->
"THE END"

Its pretty catchy.

Pokeballs:

Why does the pokeball look so low poly in the screenshot? Groudon is massive...

Goldeen, Goldeen, Goldeen, Goldeen, Goldeen… :lol

Vic said:
Hopefully it'll be the Pokémon Gold / Silver Battle Theme. Again.

Firestorm said:
I just got this, someone make something better:

fox9000.jpg

Pokerap reference for those who had a childhood where they weren't up to their necks in Pokemon merchandise. Good times.

damn..now the pokerap will be stuck in my head all day.

not an update i really care about, but at least we got the revelation of poke balls out of the way. hopefully he just doesn't update with all the pokemon that will come out of them as an excuse to postpone real updates.

Espada

MicVlaD said:

My money's on them using whatever new themes/areas are in Diamond & Pearl. If not that, then something from the GBA games.

superbank said:
Why does the pokeball look so low poly in the screenshot?

Probably cos of the amount of crap that can happen on the screen at one time. They should just make them smaller. It looks better and it also hides the low poly better.

*sigh*

Guys, the pokeball is not as big as you think. Remeber in Melee, where you could pause the game and pan the camera around to the side? They're doing something similar in most of these shots. That's why it looks like the pokeball is coming toward the screen. It'll look fine during normal gameplay.

Firestorm

WastingPenguins said:
*sigh*

Guys, the pokeball is not as big as you think. Remeber in Melee, where you could pause the game and pan the camera around to the side? They're doing something similar in most of these shots. That's why it looks like the pokeball is coming toward the screen. It'll look fine during normal gameplay.

I think people realize that and are just saying it should be smaller on the screenshot to hide the fact that it's so low poly.

superbank

Dr.Hadji said:
Why the poo poo is Fox using a new animation set while the others are stuck with their old ones.

Fox has new animations first = Fox has new moves first = More work is being put into Fox = Fox is top tier at high level play again.

maybe

{Mike}

Banned
superbank said:
Fox has new animations first = Fox has new moves first = More work is being put into Fox = Fox is top tier at high level play again.

maybe

Too bad Falco is better

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
superbank said:

maybe

That is because Nintendo is secretly run by furry worshipping maniacs. Japan Time is never soon enough...

arter_2

I just hope that they don't ruin fox by adding more he's pretty much perfect now and i don't really want them to cripple him like they did Ness in melee

Jiggy

MicVlaD said:
The problem with Pokemon is that I love almost all of the battle themes enough that, no matter which one to fifteen of them they leave out and whichever two to four they put in, I'll be both happy and disappointed. >_>

superbank

arter_2 said:
I just hope that they don't ruin fox by adding more he's pretty much perfect now and i don't really want them to cripple him like they did Ness in melee

I want most of his moves changed. I want all of the characters moves to be changed. Or add another attack button for more possible moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom