• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 18 EASHL (Xbox One) NeoGAF Camel Toews

Delryk

Excuse me sir, but that idea was already poorly drawn in diagram 4 in the first part of the multi-award winning series "Coach Marvie Draws Hockey For Dummies"

Oh im sorry coach. ;)

Another good one that the PS4 team dont do often enough is forwards crossing at the blueline.. this play screws up even the AI :)

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I won’t be on till a bit later if y’all still playing. Aiming to get on at around 7:30-8pm PST here.

Marvie_3

Banned
Better night tonight but we're still pretty sloppy on offense. We were getting a lot more shots and scoring some goals but we just need to figure out something that works a little better for us.

Cake Boss

Banned
I honestly hate 5on5 now, there is barely any room out there to do anything, mainly due to the shitty stick checking system, where it's like a magnet stick system, I am trying to adapt to it but god damn. It's why I enjoy 3on3 a lot more, allows for more creativity, even with all its problems.

I also love having a clear step on dman for a breakaway and they are able to poke check behind me and strip the puck away, where the puck ends up behind me.

Had a fun night. That one game where we were playing against 3 players who all seemed to be like 6'8" with perfect poke checking skills was really frustrating (we were also out-hit like 18-1 in the first period), but otherwise, mostly had fun. It's true that there's not much space out there, but it did feel like when we made a conscious effort to cycle, use the points and support well, we opened up chances.

Sorry my mic didn't work. I'm in the preview alpha and have heard Party Chat is a little borked at the moment. There were definitely a few times where I think being able to call something out would've created a scoring chance.

Here's some highlights:

Breakaway goal that surprised even me.

Breakaway goal that was somehow even more surprising than the last one (go AI, go!)

Marvie with a beautiful shot...maybe misguided, but beautiful.

How Marvie drew it up

I try to take out the goalie, goalie takes out me.

Marvie_3

Banned
I honestly hate 5on5 now, there is barely any room out there to do anything, mainly due to the shitty stick checking system, where it's like a magnet stick system, I am trying to adapt to it but god damn.
Yeah I've been trying to get out of the habit of just skating through people like I used to. Theres times where I keep my distance and can hang on to the puck and then I get stupid other times and try to skate right into a poke check. Its just a long ingrained habit Im still trying to kick at this point. :lol

Had a fun night. That one game where we were playing against 3 players who all seemed to be like 6'8" with perfect poke checking skills was really frustrating (we were also out-hit like 18-1 in the first period), but otherwise, mostly had fun. It's true that there's not much space out there, but it did feel like when we made a conscious effort to cycle, use the points and support well, we opened up chances.

Sorry my mic didn't work. I'm in the preview alpha and have heard Party Chat is a little borked at the moment. There were definitely a few times where I think being able to call something out would've created a scoring chance.
We did a lot better at generating offense last night. Still struggled at times though. Again, a lot of it was just forcing stuff that wasnt there and some issues with positioning.

Better communication would absolutely help though. If we notice that their defense leaves certain spots open or whatever, pointing it out and figuring out how to take advantage of it might lead to a few more goals.

RedRum

Banned
I really had fun last night! Positional wise, I think we all did way well. When we aren't crowding the fucking D zone, the D can do their job a lot better and make some decent passes out the zone. More shots were good too. We're like the Rangers. Getting chances but can't finish, but playing D last night was fun for me!

I'm also with Cake. 3s are better for me. Especially that first game we played. It showed how capable we CAN be.

Cake Boss

Banned
Marvie sometimes

b6060d7777792a14a658a2791cb231f1.gif

RedRum

Banned
And not answering messages.

Guess we arent playing. Im not sitting in the lobby all night.

I answered and you left the party. I even sent a message and invited you back. I've been playing all night waiting for YOU guys.

So fuck this. I'm done.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Calm down y’all. It’s iust a game and let’s just enjoy playing together.

I may or may not be on for the next two weeks as work seems to be in crunch mode. As such, work schedule becomes an unpredictable mess so I can only give short notice.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardy, Cake, good shit tonight. Went 9-2-0 on the night. Should have had a 10 win streak but we caught a bum bounce in game #5. A few of those games we had to really grind out wins. Fuckin good night though. Got our record back over .500 like it should be.

Best part was Hardy being as snakebit as anyone Ive ever seen when it came to scoring goals. Finally after like 4 games of amazing chances, one managed to bounce in off the goalie. That was hilarious. :lol

Top Bottom