• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/28 - 5/4

cvxfreak

software.gif

01./01. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 173,387 / 1,120,000
02./02. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Capcom) - 102,320 / 1,909,000
03./00. [WII] Link's Crossbow Training (Nintendo) - 92,534 / NEW
04./06. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 51,851 / 1,986,000
05./04. [NDS] Taiko Drum Master DS: Seven Island Adventure (Bandai-Namco) - 42,416 / 98,000
06./08. [NDS] Pokémon Ranger: Batonnage (Pokémon) - 30,675 / 508,000
07./07. [NDS] We're Fossil Diggers (Nintendo) - 26,661 / 84,000
08./03. [PS3] Valkyria Chronicles (Sega) - 24,422 / 102,000
09./13. [WII] Deca Sporta (Hudson) - 24,302 / 186,000
10./14. [WII] Wii Sports (Nintendo) - 21,979 / 2,959,000

11./09. [NDS] DS Beautiful Letter Training (Nintendo)
12./00. [NDS] Emblem of Gundam (Bandai-Namco)
13./00. [NDS] Home Teacher Hitman Reborn! DS: Fate of Heat (Takara-Tomy)
14./17. [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
15./15. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo)
16./18. [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
17./10. [PS2] Musou Orochi: The Evil King Returns (Koei)
18./28. [NDS] Tottado! Yowiko's Deserted Island Life (Bandai-Namco)
19./00. [NDS] Naruto: Shippuuden Shinobi Retsuden II (Takara-Tomy)
20./00. [WII] Pro Baseball Family Stadium (Bandai-Namco)
21./00. [PSP] There in Japan (Sony)
22./21. [PS2] Pro Baseball Spirits 5 (Konami)
23./32. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
24./05. [NDS] Summon Night (Banpresto)
25./38. [NDS] Mario Party DS (Nintendo)
26./22. [NDS] SimCity DS 2: From the Past to the Future (EA)
27./20. [NDS] Yatterman DS: Surprising, Startling Battle (Takara-Tomy)
28./30. [NDS] Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Cinema Land (Banpresto)
29./37. [NDS] Phoenix Wright: Gyakuten Revival (Capcom)
30./34. [NDS] Kanji Brain Test 2.5M (IE Institute)
31./43. [NDS] Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo)
32./25. [PSP] Star Ocean 2: Second Evolution (Square-Enix)
33./39. [NDS] Harvest Moon: Shining Sun and Friends (Marvelous Entertainment)
34./00. [NDS] Taiko Drum Master DS (Bandai-Namco)
35./36. [NDS] Animal Crossing Wild World (Nintendo)
36./35. [PS3] Pro Baseball Spirits 5 (Konami)
37./19. [NDS] Detective Saburou Jinguuji DS: Inextinguishable Heart (ArcSystemWorks)
38./27. [NDS] Phoenix Wright 4 (Capcom)
39./44. [NDS] Pokémon Diamond (Pokémon)
40./31. [NDS] Phoenix Wright 3 (Capcom)
41./00. [WII] Mario Party 8 (Nintendo)
42./41. [NDS] Phoenix Wright 2 (Capcom)
43./49. [NDS] More Brain Age (Nintendo)
44./50. [NDS] Kanji Test 2 (Rocket Co.)
45./00. [NDS] Pokémon Pearl (Pokémon)
46./00. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo)
47./48. [NDS] DS Bookkeeping, Level 3 (Square-Enix)
48./16. [PSP] Vantage Master Portable (Falcom)
49./00. [NDS] Case Closed! The Missing Professor and the Puzzling Tower (Bandai-Namco)
50./00. [NDS] Powerful Pro-kun Pocket 10 (Konami)

NDS - 32
WII - 10
PSP - 4
PS2 - 2
PS3 - 2

hardware.gif

Code:
Hardware - This Week | Last Week |       YTD |        LTD
1. PSP   -   100,870 |    92,411 | 1,594,203 |  9,195,797
2. WII   -    71,518 |    48,796 | 1,310,912 |  5,927,072
3. NDS   -    52,542 |    42,435 | 1,292,024 | 22,465,075
4. PS3   -    10,177 |     9,107 |   392,847 |  2,034,523
5. PS2   -     8,802 |     7,108 |   206,808 | 21,133,845
6. 360   -     1,725 |     1,283 |    53,729 |    561,070

s_20080428.png

archive.gif

Media Create Sales 4/30/07 - 5/6/07
Media Create Sales 3/17 - 3/23
Media Create Sales 3/24 - 3/30
Media Create Sales 3/31 - 4/6
Media Create Sales 4/7 - 4/13
Media Create Sales 4/14 - 4/20
Media Create Sales 4/21 - 4/27

notes.gif

Software numbers are typically posted on Wednesday nights at about midnight Eastern.
Hardware numbers are typically posted Thursday nights at about 9:20 PM Eastern.

Raist

Banned
wow @ MHP2G. It actually increased since last wekk oO

What's Senjou no Valkyria ? Valkyria Chronicles ?

edit : MK increased too. Any particular reason ? "Special" week in Japan ?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Anasui Kishibe said:
at this rate, MKWII is going to outsell MKDS in a few months

Believe.....

@Raist

Yes, it`s called Golden Week......

Hammer24

Banned
Raist said:
edit : MK increased too. Any particular reason ? "Special" week in Japan ?

Its Golden Week in Japan - and therefore the bumps are laughable compared to former years. Japan hates gaming, confirmed.
j/k ;)

m3k

mariokart wii has exceeded my expectations for japan already

bad publicity of double dash haunts my memory

batbeg

Go Valkyria! Now quadruple those sales and I'll be happier! :)

On a more serious note, I don't care if I've not played it, I don't like that Fossil Hunter game still being in the top 10.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
batbeg said:
On a more serious note, I don't care if I've not played it, I don't like that Fossil Hunter game still being in the top 10.

uh, why?

the dev, RED, is a decent albeit not AAA developer. the game looks okay but not great for DS 3d. it's a somewhat original twist on a formula that's been proven to sell and that most people like (the collectathon). it's got a much better implementation of the fossil digging than spectrobes.

it's on track to be firmly in nintendo b-title range (120k-250k or so) for the ds.

where's the beef?

AniHawk

m3k said:
i was just thinking the same thing... did they not have a summary in the end of financial year reports?
It was 14m or so at the last report we got with those numbers. Media-Create's sell-through has it at 5,009,673 as of the end of 2007. It sold over a million copies in Japan in 2007.

batbeg

Stumpokapow said:
uh, why?

the dev, RED, is a decent albeit not AAA developer. the game looks okay but not great for DS 3d. it's a somewhat original twist on a formula that's been proven to sell and that most people like (the collectathon). it's got a much better implementation of the fossil digging than spectrobes.

it's on track to be firmly in nintendo b-title range (120k-250k or so) for the ds.

where's the beef?

Because they may be decent enough but they also produce junk, and moreso than that I don't think it's 3D is even decent but downright ugly.

And I hate seeing games like this do better than games like Soma Bringer or ASH. :mad:

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
batbeg said:
Because they may be decent enough but they also produce junk, and moreso than that I don't think it's 3D is even decent but downright ugly.

The 3d in We are Fossil Holders is on par with the 3d in, for example, Custom Robo Arena. Better than Spectrobes, which would be the closest actual comparison for We are Fossil Holders. I guess it's ugly in the sense that most DS 3d is ugly, but I don't think it's notably bad.

And I hate seeing games like this do better than games like Soma Bringer or ASH. :mad:

Soma Bringer was at 89k last we saw it on the charts and is probably over 100k now. It must really bug you that Beautiful Character Training is running a lap around those two titles.

Kipe

batbeg said:

Then I recommend avoiding future japanese sales charts. :D

It's kind of fucked up seeing companies pour stacks of money on games like Valkyria and Yakuza and watching them get buried by games that cost only a fraction of their budget. I wonder how japanese executives rationalize taking bigger financial risks for smaller rewards compared to Nintendo.

batbeg

Stumpokapow said:
The 3d in We are Fossil Holders is on par with the 3d in, for example, Custom Robo Arena. Better than Spectrobes, which would be the closest actual comparison for We are Fossil Holders. I guess it's ugly in the sense that most DS 3d is ugly, but I don't think it's notably bad.

Soma Bringer was at 89k last we saw it on the charts and is probably over 100k now. It must really bug you that Beautiful Character Training is running a lap around those two titles.

You're kind of emotionally invested in this title, so I'm sorry my offhand comment about seeing this do so well offended you. Doesn't change the fact that I'd still see titles like Summon Night above it.

cvxfreak

LiquidMetal14 said:
Yes. This is what gives Cheese's thread definition.

I would do it, but don't have much time now.

Cheese will get around to it, and I'll update the OP accordingly.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
batbeg said:
You're kind of emotionally invested in this title, so I'm sorry my offhand comment about seeing this do so well offended you. Doesn't change the fact that I'd still see titles like Summon Night above it.

I'm not emotionally invested in the title--in fact, that's my whole point. It's sort of weird to be offended ("On a more serious note, I don't care if I've not played it, I don't like that Fossil Hunter game still being in the top 10.") that a title is doing well, especially since the title is not particularly controversial or notable in any way.

batbeg

Stumpokapow said:
I'm not emotionally invested in the title--in fact, that's my whole point. It's sort of weird to be offended ("On a more serious note, I don't care if I've not played it, I don't like that Fossil Hunter game still being in the top 10.") that a title is doing well, especially since the title is not particularly controversial or notable in any way.

If it makes you feel better, I wasn't really serious about it, I was just trying to point out that I didn't seriously believe Valkyria will ever quadruple it's sales, and saying that I don't promote the sales of ugly 3D games when nice looking 2D ones have recently come out.

Hcoregamer00 said:
:(

Screw you Japan.

And when it comes West? Will it be screw you NA, screw you Europe?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Amazing numbers for MH2, yet again!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
batbeg said:
And when it comes West? Will it be screw you NA, screw you Europe?

Yes :lol

I am on the record saying that I expect it to BOMB HORRIBLY in both the USA and Europe, this game will be nothing more than niche in both territories.

This makes me sad because the only territory where this game may have had a chance of hitting it big is Japan, and those dreams are gone.

Paracelsus

Hcoregamer00 said:
Yes :lol

I am on the record saying that I expect it to BOMB HORRIBLY in both the USA and Europe, this game will be nothing more than niche in both territories.

This makes me sad because the only territory where this game may have had a chance of hitting it big is Japan, and those dreams are gone.

You know what? I've got a feeling that it will be as you say in America, but that it'll perform a "Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria" in Europe. It won't be enough, but eh.

batbeg

Paracelsus said:
You know what? I've got a feeling that it will be as you say in America, but that it'll perform a "Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria" in Europe. It won't be enough, but eh.

A "sells less than NA but still pretty good for a title that did reasonably well in all markets" ?

batbeg

Paracelsus said:
Wait wait. How much did VP2 sell in NA? Did it even reach 150k?

I am way too lazy to find the thread right now as I recall it being given a horrible title that took me forever to find before, but it sold better in NA than Europe. There was a SE financial report released with numbers a while back.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
^^ Sounds like an indepth investigation for The Vinnkster.

dun, dun, duuuun

jarrod

Banned
Valkyria's held up better than expected I think after the first day bomba. If it's got some legz, it might even make it to 150k.

Paracelsus

batbeg said:
I am way too lazy to find the thread right now as I recall it being given a horrible title that took me forever to find before, but it sold better in NA than Europe. There was a SE financial report released with numbers a while back.

Ok, then scratch what I said. I still expect better numbers in EU than NA though.

I think more or less the fault lies with the PS3's inability to be popular in Japan, rather then Japan itself.

Facile dictu est. What does "being popular in Japan" mean to you? Have we ever seen a situation in which two consoles can reign at the same time in Japan (PSP and DS do not count at all, PSP is selling now that DS has saturated the market)?

jarrod

Banned
Paracelsus said:
Facile dictu. What does "being popular in Japan" mean to you? Have we ever seen a situation in which two consoles can reign at the same time in Japan (PSP and DS do not count at all, PSP is selling now that DS has saturated the market).
Define "reign". In terms of software sales, we had PC Engine and Saturn putting in rather impressive performances as secondary machines. The latter being where the Valkyria team struck gold originally with Sakura Taisen actually...

Laguna

Banned
Jasoncheng said:
TOP30
NDS:17
Wii:8
PS2:2
PSP:2
PS3:1

The only game "selling" this week (besides the extremely popular Monster Hunter) is Nippon no Asoko de? What kind of game is it? It isn´t news but PSPs software sales didn´t change much
even with those kind of hardware sales in 2008. It seems that many PSP buyers are just replacing their PSPfat for PSPslim/lite.

Top Bottom