• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

What haven't they shown of WW yet? I have no idea what a third trailer could possibly be about. Any surprise should be saved for the movie.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Why do people hate Cybirg? he looks like Cyborg. I don't know how further you could take the design tbh.
I have the same questions. I think him and Flash look like their respective characters. If you showed me those 2 without any context, I'd go, "yep, that's Flash and Cyborg". I realize Cyborg has that Transformers over design element to him, but I don't mind it for an alien tech humanoid. Why does alien tech have to look like our ideas of what technology or robotics look like? It should look kind of organic and fantastical.

EDIT - Still don't like that tech suit on Batman. The goggles are ruining it for me. I don't mind one or two scenes, but if he's fighting the end boss in that thing, I'm gonna be pretty upset. His BvS suit is still the GOAT. Dunno why they even bothered to change it for this movie's regular suit (ie they added the ab muscle plates for some reason).

Ninjimbo

Why do people hate Cybirg? he looks like Cyborg. I don't know how further you could take the design tbh.
I think it's because robots always look kinda dorky and Cyborg looks like a robot. He's really not too far away from a Terminator. At least in the cartoon that shit was obfuscated with a lot of blue and bright colors so he didn't look so much like a machine. In JL tho, he looks all machine.

Ahasverus

Flash looks just ugly with that armored look, not only that, but it's broken into parts, it's not sleek or good looking, he looks like a goofbal with him being along 3 people wearing royal armor, an alien robot and a guy ina tactical batsuit with a cape. What is even the suit¿s function? And even if it does have one, the parts don't translate them very well (which doesn't happen with the other suits).

Wilkinson fucked up imo. Even Aquaman of all things has a fantastic costume that makes you wanna bow before the King of Atlantis.

Great looking:

Batman,
Aquaman,
Wonder Woman,
Superman.

Meh looking:

Flash.

Trash looking:

Cyborg.

Maybe it looks cool, but they have not convinced me of it looking cool in these pictures at least. Cyborgs legs are the most irritating to me.

Ross61

Flash looks just ugly with that armored look, not only that, but it's broken into parts, it's not sleek or good looking, he looks like a goofbal with him being along 3 people wearing royal armor, an alien robot and a guy ina tactical batsuit with a cape. What is even the suit¿s function? And even if it does have one, the parts don't translate them very well (which doesn't happen with the other suits).

Wilkinson fucked up imo. Even Aquaman of all things has a fantastic costume that makes you wanna bow before the King of Atlantis.

How could he have fucked up if that was the purpose?

Ahasverus

How could he have fucked up if that was the purpose?
Because it's not "pleasant goofy", it's just janky goofy. That's even entertaining the idea that the final suit is better, which I don't think it is. And again, the costume doesn't reflect its usefulness, whici is a big downside coming from the other 4.

Ross61

Because it's not "pleasant goofy", it's just janky goofy. That's even entertaining the idea that the final suit is better, which I don't think it is. And again, the costume doesn't reflect its usefulness, whici is a big downside coming from the other 4.
I don't think it was meant to be "pleasant". It's literally a patchwork. Supposed to look amateurish.

I'm sure a final design would reflect everyone's concerns.

Ashhong

Man you are exhausting

IconGrist

Which other 4? Batman's suit is too bulky to beast mode the way that he does. It's why the stunt suit is thinner. The one thing that gave Superman's suit the legitimacy it did was removed in the BvS and JL suits.

Ahasverus

Which other 4? Batman's suit is too bulky to beast mode the way that he does. It's why the stunt suit is thinner. The one thing that gave Superman's suit the legitimacy it did was removed in the BvS and JL suits.
- Wonder Woman: Amazon armor, reality based design.
- Aquaman: Royal armor.
- Superman: Kryptonian traditional, super durable suit.
- Batman: Bulletproof, super flexible tactical suit with a glide device (In universe)
- Cyborg: Alien metal body.
- Flash:...... Ugly mask to hide identity (but leaves most of the eyes and the lower face exposed) and....? Bulletproof too, perhaps? I dunno. The plates are really weirdly positioned too.

They should have gone all in and go for a sleek, speedforce suit.

IconGrist

- Wonder Woman: Amazon armor, reality based design.
- Aquaman: Royal armor.
- Superman: Kryptonian traditional, super durable suit.
- Batman: Bulletproof, super flexible tactical suit with a glide device (In universe)
- Cyborg: Alien metal body.
- Flash:...... Ugly mask to hide identity (but leaves most of the eyes and the lower face exposed) and....? Bulletproof too, perhaps? I dunno. The plates are really weirdly positioned too.

They should have gone all in and go for a sleek, speedforce suit.

Lol come on, Aha. It didn't occur to you while you were typing that out that the only real descriptions you were able to give went to the Trinity? Maybe wait until we're closer to JL when they start explaining things like they did with BVS before throwing shade.

I can live with Flash's suit. The cowl fits nicely on Ezra's head , and the plated parts gives us that illusion of "superhero musculature" without being bulky.

I'd rather have this than that "garbage bag" thing CW's Flash had going on in the first season.

I was worried Batman's tactical suit in JL would easily go the Baleman route, which is a suit I hated with a passion, but I think they reached a nice compromise this time

First look at the new Batmobile via Toy Fair 2017: https://www.cnet.com/pictures/we-go...obile-and-it-is-totally-badass-toy-fair-2017/
Xm9sXCV.jpg
H6dzLWL.jpg
66jXD0g.jpg
gDtIEvd.jpg
B3t7hIq.jpg
The pictures are of a $250 collector's mini replica vehicle made by Mattel, and limited to 35,000 copies. It's remote controlled and has a built-in camera you can view from your phone with augmented reality features.

Tabby

I hate Cyborg because not only is he taking up Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter's spot but also because he looks like he belongs on the cover of a graphics card box, he's not a very interesting character and he works better as part of the Teen Titans.

I'll never not hate him.

I hate Cyborg because not only is he taking up Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter's spot but also because he looks like he belongs on the cover of a graphics card box, he's not a very interesting character and he works better as part of the Teen Titans.

I'll never not hate him.

Manhunter was never gonna be on this team.

Ahasverus

I'll never not hate him.
Well yeah, I was talking about the design, will correct!

I'll never not hate him.

If the movie ends with them barely beating back Steppenwolf and only because Superman shows up, but Darkseid is still lurking, it makes sense Green Lantern would be the reinforcements, not Cyborg.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
He's very serious about those Parademons.

Well, he did say this:

Batman said:
When Darkseid sends his people, he is not sending his best. He is sending parademons that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good parademons.

Batman and his guns damnit. What happened to bending them over the batmobile while telling them the miranda rights and give those alien creatures a fair trial

#notmybatman

Oh no, I knew that. I'm just saying that looks like serious. Like, it's one thing to hear he's gonna be prepared - it's another to see guns on guns on guns.

Yeah seeing a Batmobile with even more guns strikes me as tone deaf, but who knows. Normally I'd write it off as just having more because it's a toy, but with it being a limited edition one, I imagine it's close to the final design.

IconGrist

Yeah seeing a Batmobile with even more guns strikes me as tone deaf, but who knows. Normally I'd write it off as just having more because it's a toy, but with it being a limited edition one, I imagine it's close to the final design.

Luthor did warn of an invasion. I doubt Batman gives two flying fucks about #ParademonLivesMatter

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Snyder humanizes the parademons, give them families, show them being caring and loving. Really portray them as beings with emotions. And then Batman swoops in and wrecks shit. No mercy.

I hope Snyder humanizes the parademons, give them families, show them being caring and loving. Really portray them as beings with emotions. And then Batman swoops in and wrecks shit. No mercy.

The Parademons are Owls from Ga'Hool who got captured and transformed into beasts by Darkseid.

Boom! Snyderverse baybee

BadAss2961

Hopefully Warner keeps leaking little details like Gibson and this Justice League stuff whenever something bad happens or when people start talking fake news. At least control the conversation.

Nothing worse than when people start speculating while Warner stays silent for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom