• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency |S2| Saturdays on BBC America

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Dirk is back with an all new adventure beginning Saturday, October 14 at 9/8c. The first season was really quite fun, so here's to more of the same in season two!

Every season is a dizzying, smart, dangerous, unexpected and (for us, not the people involved) fun adventure that explores a different genre.

Season one was about time travel with body-swapping, and this season involves an injection of fantasy. The vast dangers lurking in the fantasy realm navigate a path to Earth, becoming a threat in reality, and it's up to Dirk and the gang to stop them in their tracks. But first – they need to find each other... Everything and everyone continues to be connected... from the sterile chambers of the government organization Blackwing, to the sleepy town of Bergsberg and the magical land of Wendimoor. After a few misfires, Dirk Gently steadily finds his footing on the new case to ”find The Boy", and with the help of his friends, makes the necessary connections to solve the mystery before it's too late.

From creator Max Landis and showrunner Robert Cooper, the series is adapted from the popular novels by Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Doctor Who).

The ten-part season two premieres on BBC AMERICA in the U.S. and will stream globally on Netflix in countries outside the U.S.

Returning cast

• Samuel Barnett as Dirk Gently
  • Elijah Wood as Todd
  • Hannah Marks as Amanda
  • Jade Eshete as Farah Black
  • Fiona Dourif as Bart Curlish
  • Mpho Koaho as Ken
  • Michael Eklund, Viv Leacock, Zak Santiago and Osric Chau as The Rowdy 3
  • Dustin Milligan as Sergeant Hugo Friedkin

New cast

• John Hannah as The Mage
  • Amanda Walsh as Suzie Boreton
  • Tyler Labine as Sherlock Hobbs
  • Izzie Steele as Deputy Tina Tevetino
  • Aleks Paunovic as Wygar Oak
  • Alan Tudyk as Mr. Priest

Videos

Season 2 | Official Trailer
Season 2 | Sneak Peek
Season 2 | Teaser

Full Panel | San Diego Comic-Con 2017

L+SD Ratings

Season One:

Episode 1: 437K
Episode 2: 293K
Episode 3: 297K
Episode 4: 248K
Episode 5: 240K
Episode 6: 198K
Episode 7: 307K
Episode 8: 277K

Season Two:

Episode 1: 235K

hN8S7uT.jpg

sarcastor

yessss the first season was pretty good. I haven't read dirk gently since the late 90s so I dont remember much but lets hope this season gets just as crazy

Shiggy

Any information already on when season 2 lands on Netflix? Will it be available globally at the same time?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season premiere is tonight!

Space Rabbit

In the Season 2 premiere, Todd and Farah are on the run from the law and head to small town Bergsberg, Montana in search of Dirk. Mysteriously, Bart's search for Ken takes her to the same small town, where unexplainable events start occurring.

T.v

Oh man, season 1 was loads of fun. Definitely excited for this. Hope it comes to Netflix soon.

Oh damn, I didn't know it was back so soon. Loved the first season. Will be interesting to see how Season 2 turns out. I had heard he hadn't planned for season 2?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Thought the premiere was pretty tepid to be honest. I'm not sure it was the best idea to repeat season one's "puzzling things happen to a million different characters, with no context for anything" format in the second year. Still, even though I would have liked something a little more different, I'm sure the season will shape up nicely as it goes along.

Santiako

First episode was mostly setup and well, if the trailer is anything to go by, this season will out-weird the first one haha.

Santiako

Why the fuck isn't this on Netflix yet (in Sweden)? Please don't tell me they didn't snatch the rights for S2? I need this show, absolutely loved the first season.

What does that mean? When?

It will be on Netflix in Europe when the season is complete, same as the first one.

I loved the first season through and through and didn't have any real problems. This season seems to have a great plot with an evil government organization and a dimension children's straight out of a children's book.

I'm starting to notice a trend in how dialogue and characters are written, and it was a bit unexpected for the jump ahead 2 months with so many differences but I guess that's to be expected. Plus it adds more to the story.

I'm all in.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Fans of Wet Circles

Dirk, Todd and Farah are reunited and begin to investigate what Dirk believes is the case. They follow strange clues and discover the body in the car that fell out of the tree connects to one of Sheriff Hobbs' cold cases.

StaSeb

Yo GAF; anyone here still watching this? I just finished the recent episode and and I absolitley adore this season. They hit the vibe so perfectly! Every episode I have no idea what is gonna happen, the whole holistic case is constructed brillantly and every actor seems to enjoy him or herself in their roles.

This is easily my favourite TV series atm and I am looking forward to it every week.

Also great music and sound design in general. I recently bought fome fine speakers and this is one of the moments, when I really appreciate it. The intro theme alone. So crisp and weid and such a nice base. Last episoded song in the end was epic too.

Man, this series reminds me of falling in love with parcs and rec, late in this shows runtime. For a short while I felt like witnessing a real friendship and season two of Gently hits the same spot. Yo and GAF does to from time to time.

So any love for Dirk and his awesome team here?

MaKTaiL

I do. I'm loving this season too but I'm mostly using Reddit to discuss the episodes since Neogaf is so dead at the moment,

T.v

I'm just waiting for season 2 to make it to Netflix. Season 1 was one of the biggest surprises of last year for me so I am definitely excited for 2.

RAWi

I'm just waiting for season 2 to make it to Netflix. Season 1 was one of the biggest surprises of last year for me so I am definitely excited for 2.

Yes. Definitely am waiting impatiently, as well. First season was really good.

Gandara

I'd be fine with Netflix picking this up as a real exclusive if nobody else wants to foot the bill.

I do hope this series is not complete dead in the water. Still need to getting around to watching season 2.

Don't know if I misread it somewhere but didn't Netflix partly fund the series to begin with?

Kadayi

Banned
I'll give it a shot. Elijah Wood was great in S1, but most of the other actors were pretty rough.

Agreed, I stuck through Season 1 on Netflix, but I must admit beyond the vague pull of the mystery hook I didn't find it overly compelling and the Guy playing Dirk was just annoying versus intriguing.

Top Bottom