• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii&PS3 pre-orders begin 10/29 at TRU

Who: You

What: Wii and PS3 pre-orders

Where: TRU

When: 10/29

How: $50 dollars down to reserve, rest paid in full upon receipt.

Fair warning: This is advertised in TRU's Big Book, so when it hits everyone and their freaking mother will know about it. Good Luck.

Updated 10/25 for commonly asked questions.....

Yes, it starts on the 29th.
Yes, $50 dollars to reserve.
Yes, quantities are very limited.

Rough estimates are....
Wii 12-25 per store
PS3/60G 4-10 per store
PS3/20G 1-4 per store

Oh, and yes, there will be campers.

argon

Damnit, why do they have to do it on a Sunday morning so close to Halloween? I'll be in line, nursing a hangover =(

Amir0x

Banned
I'm tempted to take out of my savings to pre-order a PS3 (for ebay, 'cause then I'd make enough to buy another PS3 and it'd be like free)... but I dunno I might be too lazy to camp out and do the ebay thing...

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Man, I don't have anything to do that Sunday. I'll probably be down there at least a couple of hours before they open, since I couldn't get down to EB for their preorder stuff :/

Again though, it's a question of whether these preorders guarantee a console at launch.

order#66

i found out this yeterday from a friend who is a director of a store. The big book will hit early on the friday before the sale starts..

SS4Gogita said:
Again though, it's a question of whether these preorders guarantee a console at launch.

yes a pre-order guarantees a system on day one.
that's what a pre-order is, though i suppose someone should mention that to EB/GS.

argon said:
Any idea on unit quantities? And are you allowed to preorder both at the same time?

Nada on quantities, though I will say that there will be an abundance of Wii as TRU is is really pushing the Wii this year. As far as pre-ordering both, I can only speculate that this should not be a problem, though individual stores may place limits.

ORANGUTAN

Banned
I'll be camping out several hours early... I have a feeling this is going to be a lot worse than the Gamestop preorders (which I arrived at 9:30 and got one easy)

newsguy

Mr. Spinnington said:
Well... it's a Sunday.

err... that's a bad thing, a very bad thing. Kids will be lined up cause there's no school. When I did the GS/EB thing it was all adults.

argon

The news is now out there, over a week in advance... The GS/EB stuff was only revealed what, the night before?

Add the Big Book factor and weekend timing, and the lines are going to be unbelievable.

Hopefully I'm wrong =)

puck1337

ionicbluebird said:
So this is Toys r us?

Is this in canada too?
TRU Canada's been doing this for months. I reserved mine well over a month ago, and I was already #46 on the Wii preorder list. Don't know what the deal is for PS3.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Bah, I'm torn. If I wait in line and fail, then I have to wait in line AGAIN when the PS3 comes out. But if I succeed, it's potentially several hours of camping saved depending on how early I feel I need to get to TRU.

Damnit, if only this wasn't going to be so heavily publicized.

teiresias

The 29th, that Sunday? Perfect timing - going to a Halloween party on Saturday evening, going to the club afterwards, then going to the after hours bar at 3am, leave the bar at 6am, jump in line, or maybe skip the after hours bar and get in line at 3am? Not sure what the best course of action will be.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
teiresias said:
The 29th, that Sunday? Perfect timing - going to a Halloween party on Saturday evening, going to the club afterwards, then going to the after hours bar at 3am, leave the bar at 6am, jump in line, or maybe skip the after hours bar and get in line at 3am? Not sure what the best course of action will be.
I'm thinking that if the news about this is out now AND it will be in the Big Book AND it's going to be for two consoles, 6AM will not be nearly early enough (depending on where you live). 3AM would be a much safer bet IMO, and you'll be out anyway so why not?

newsguy

The Faceless Master said:
sounds like more fun than sunday mass!

Millions of people will be wondering why their prayers weren't answered, only to find out Jesus arrived in line a person too late and didn't get to put $50 on his PS3. That's right Jesus plays in 1080p... and prefers the BluRay format.

d58e7

Wii has been open to preorders in some Toysrus for awhile already, PS3 is new. Doesn't Toysrus generally force bundles though?

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
newsguy said:
Millions of people will be wondering why their prayers weren't answered, only to find out Jesus arrived in line a person too late and didn't get to put $50 on his PS3. That's right Jesus plays in 1080p... and prefers the BluRay format.

You shut your filthy mouth. You shut your filthy mouth right now.

We all know Jesus rolls with the house of mario.

spengo

Does TRU do a midnight launch? I'm guessing no?

I don't think I want to wait 10 hours for my Wii on launch day. And it will probably be a forced bundle. It would be nice to have it taken care of though. hmm....

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The NYC Times Square TRU is having a special Nintendo midnight launch party for the Wii.

human5892 said:
I'm thinking that if the news about this is out now AND it will be in the Big Book AND it's going to be for two consoles, 6AM will not be nearly early enough (depending on where you live). 3AM would be a much safer bet IMO, and you'll be out anyway so why not?

And if you live in somewhere like Detroit you're probably SOL.

Raistlin

Kodiak said:
You shut your filthy mouth. You shut your filthy mouth right now.

We all know Jesus rolls with the house of mario.

Maybe baby Jesus.

We all know Buddy Christ is teh Sony fan.

Thanks for the info, JSM! :D Guess I'll have to wake up early on a Sunday for a change...or just stay up really, really late Saturday.

Jado

Banned
Mejilan said:
NY TRUs are going to be nightmarish. I think I'll pass after all.

Kmart, dude. You know no one goes in there. Got a DS Lite easily when it was sold out everywhere else I went in Manhattan.

Top Bottom