• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New, exclusive American DS design: Seattle Mariners DS Lite

Mariners%20DS%20Lite%20009-thumb.jpg

Pink Godzilla said:
The Mariners are selling limited edition Seattle Mariners DS Lites at Safeco Field. And no, that isn't just a sticker; rather, the slick Mariner's logo is embedded below the clear plastic casing. One Pink Godzilla customer brought his by after the game today. (In case you didn't know, Pink Godzilla is located less than a half-mile from Safeco Field.) Pretty frickin' sweet. The cost? Comes out to about $158 with tax. According to the lady at the DS booth, there are only 2000 of these bad boys being made and they are going fast. Yikes, I know where I'm going tommorrow night...

I want one, but I already have a DS Lite...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I need one of those!

This is a very Japanese thing to do.. of course Nintendo is a Japanese company and all that. But in Japan if a company owns or is a major sponsor they will make products just for that team.. no other teams just that team.. I think it is cool!

Blackace said:
I need one of those!

This is a very Japanese thing to do.. of course Nintendo is a Japanese company and all that. But in Japan if a company owns or is a major sponsor they will make products just for that team.. no other teams just that team.. I think it is cool!

I'm going to the M's-Padres game on Saturday night... I need to stay away from the Team Store, cause I might have to buy one...

Blackace

Cheesemeister said:
I wonder how that licensing deal ever got hammered out...

.....please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking....

distantmantra said:
I'm going to the M's-Padres game on Saturday night... I need to stay away from the Team Store, cause I might have to buy one...

Outside of my family.. M's games and Mac and Jack's are the only things I really miss about home

Blackace said:
.....please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking.........please be joking... please be joking....

I figured they were joking, or I would've responded in a similar manner.

mj1108

sk3tch said:
The only thing is the source for the "only 2000 made" is some lady selling them at the ballpark. Hardly reputable. :lol

You should ask the lady if they are polled for NPD sales.

Blackace said:

Why? :lol

Blackace

Cheesemeister said:
Why? :lol

Howard Lincoln is the CEO of the Mariners..

He represents Yamaguchi who is the majoity owner..

Blackace

Cheesemeister said:
To alleviate your fears, yes, I was joking. Gimme a little credit.

Yeah I figured as much, just had to make sure.. You never know on GAF..

Karakand

Blackace said:
I need one of those!

Simulating home here will definitely make Ichiro want to stay with the Mariners long term.

Blackace

Fun Facts: Yamaguchi wanted Ichiro, Yamaguchi has never seen an M's game live, Yamaguchi wanted Daisuke but heard about how much the Redsox were rumored to pay and said "get the **** out of here"*, Yamaguchi didn't want anything to do with Igawa....

*translated from Japanese

Blackace said:
Fun Facts: Yamaguchi wanted Ichiro, Yamaguchi has never seen an M's game live, Yamaguchi wanted Daisuke but heard about how much the Redsox were rumored to pay and said "get the **** out of here"*, Yamaguchi didn't want anything to do with Igawa....

*translated from Japanese

Who's this Yamaguchi person? He sounds like a jolly fellow.

Blackace

Cheesemeister said:
Who's this Yamaguchi person? He sounds like a jolly fellow.

He will eat your soul!!!!!!!!!!1

mosaic

go eat paint
I want that DS so bad....

Almost as much as I want Hiroshi Yamauchi to put a bullet in Mike Hargrove's brain...

bluemax

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
I like the fact that Nintendo owns the Mariners... I don't get the funny :(

Because they run the Mariners in the same ****ing way they run Nintendo.

Fun, family oriented and profitable. They don't care about being number one in the standings as long as they're number one in money made.

Almost every DS Lite special edition so far has been on the white DS. Only two were on black, to my knowledge (a Pokémon one with gold and silver paint, and an awful Winning 11 one that someone just practically scribbled on), and there's been no special edition colors at all, have there? It must be difficult for them to get the paint process down or something.

bluemax said:
Because they run the Mariners in the same ****ing way they run Nintendo.

Fun, family oriented and profitable. They don't care about being number one in the standings as long as they're number one in money made.

Nintendo should've bought the Cubs.

Top Bottom