• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

JayEH

Wouldn't someone need to buy a $100 card to get the game on the 23rd then?

(Currently only paying $4.19 CDN for my physical NA version...)

I had 51 HKD on my account already so I only had to spend around 55USD for a 300 and 80 HK code. Otherwise I would have spent 66USD for a 500 HK code which isn't that bad either.

Satch

Banned
if any of you spoil a single thing without using spoiler tags i will burn neogaf to the ground and then i will burn myself

Johndoey

Banned
So damn excited. Going to have to unsub from every gaming channel on Youtube to avoid possible spoilers. I still can't believe a sequel to Nier got greenlit.

I'll be here to do what I do best in OT's
complain incessantly about clothing

LotusHD

Banned
if any of you spoil a single thing without using spoiler tags i will burn neogaf to the ground and then i will burn myself

I myself will kick them:

868.gif

Lime

Ever since I saw this GIF and the boss battle footage from E3 last year I've been looking forward to it

a9ce700fabfb6e2934fe450e347e3d51.gif

I could do without the pandering in it, but maybe I'll mod it on PC (or hope someone else with)

Yojimbo99

Neo Member
Just placed my pre-order on this. So many games coming out in the next couple months. This, Horizon, Mass Effect and Persona 5 all on my to get day 1 list.

105.Will

I still can't believe this game is coming out. Been completely in the dark with the exception of the gameplay sequences in the demo. Is there a general consensus on the sub or dub

sensui-tomo

I still can't believe this game is coming out. Been completely in the dark with the exception of the gameplay sequences in the demo. Is there a general consensus on the sub or dub

Its the same studio for the dub that did nier and drakengard 3, so in that regard we dont know how well the english dub will be since 8-4 fucked up on zero's character when doing the dub (she came off like an angry person when she's supposed to be lazy about doing the whole thing) but the studio is good generally. Japanese is also good from what i've seen.

Voices of returning characters are the same from previous games

My one suggestion to the OP - since this post is going up early for the Asian releases, maybe add a bit of information to the first post on how we or others can obtain it early/import it for those interested in joining the fun? Browsing through comments to find information isn't very ideal for people that might be interested.

Now you importers are tempting me... if I go through with getting an HK account, then I can get both my Physical copy & the early digital copy for only $92.38 CDN total. (Only $3 more than getting an NA physical at full price.)

(But then again, if I wait two weeks, I can get the game for $4.19 Canadian after discounts/promos...)

Too... much... temptation...

LotusHD

Banned

I love the dub in this. Before the demo came out, I hadn't even really given it much thought, but it's surprisingly good imo

Jiraiza

Now you importers are tempting me... if I go through with getting an HK account, then I can get both my Physical copy & the early digital copy for only $92.38 CDN total. (Only $3 more than getting an NA physical at full price.)

(But then again, if I wait two weeks, I can get the game for $4.19 Canadian after discounts/promos...)

Too... much... temptation...

It's only two weeks. Of course, by the time you get it, we'll likely have platinumed it already, bahaha.

My one suggestion to the OP - since this post is going up early for the Asian releases, maybe add a bit of information to the first post on how we or others can obtain it early/import it for those interested in joining the fun? Browsing through comments to find information isn't very ideal for people that might be interested.

But nier fans want you to wait and support the team ^_____^

Im too weak for that, gimme dat platinum action with everything godlike about nier rn.

It's only two weeks. Of course, by the time you get it, we'll likely have platinumed it already, bahaha.

+ This game similar to the souls games, is likely to have the initial exciting period where we are figuring out the story and how to unlock certain things.

Second request - is it possible to get a countdown timer to the JP PSN unlock time? Or maybe an unlock timer for each region added to OP?

Dio

Banned
I could do without the pandering in it, but maybe I'll mod it on PC (or hope someone else with)
Is it pandering if you're designing/drawing something YOU like? Not everyone is a poor pure naive artist forced by management to draw ""pandering"" designs. I'm pretty sure Taro and Yoshida don't give that much of a fuck about whether Joe Schmoe will buy their game because of X design.

Anyway, I'm really really happy this is coming out. It's even coming out on my birthday - best birthday gift ever.

KodaRuss

Good job OP. I guess the other person that was supposed to do the OT backed out?

Long wait for this game but I still have Nioh and Horizon to finish first...

ubercheez

I can't believe NA and EU are getting cover on the right. It's so... generic action movie poster-y, whereas the artwork version is beautifully eye-catching.

I'm glad it's reversible so we can still have the better one, but I wish people in game stores and shopping online could see it.

GHG

Gold Member
It warms my heart to see this thread.

I can't believe we are actually getting a Nier sequel.

LotusHD

Banned
I can't believe NA and EU are getting cover on the right. It's so... generic action movie poster-y, whereas the artwork version is beautifully eye-catching.

I'm glad it's reversible so we can still have the better one, but I wish people in game stores and shopping online could see it.

It really just hit me how much worse ours is. I never even caught that it has that whole slight 3D thing going on.

BeeDog

The Limited Edition is fully booked here at Webhallen (Sweden), but saw that CDON was also selling it. Pre-ordered the game so hopefully I'll manage to land a copy.

I'll add what I can, but I'm not overly familiar with digital importing either.

Second request - is it possible to get a countdown timer to the JP PSN unlock time? Or maybe an unlock timer for each region added to OP?

I can do the former.

Luigi87

Nice OP.

Dunno about this game... Demo didn't sell me.

'cause I was already sold. Day one. Seriously this game plays so well from the demo, and it looks so cool! I love 2B and 9S' designs. Just give it to me! Wish I could get the Black Box, but that's not happening <_<

Xadjim

Banned
That's your opinion, there were polls.

OT2 - if we get there - will be something else.

It's in the OP.

Yoko Taro is the director of the Drakengard and NieR series, and he's known to be quite eccentric.

thanks, sry I didnt read everything, my fail.

But wow... why does he say that :D This game looks soooo good

Top Bottom