• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Katy Perry single SWISH SWISH featuring legend Nicki Minaj. A slay!

Gorillaz

I agree with whoever said nicki, wayne and drake used this sound better on truffle butter.

this def sounded like a "diss" track tho

Ydelnae

This track is bad, yeah, but let's not use Paramore's last album (outside of the two singles and maybe two tracks) as quality barometer, please.

receipts please

Meh, it's obvious. Compared to Katy Perry's posts or other musicians going against the turd's hate speech, she, one of the most popular pop stars ever decides to shut her mouth on important issues. If she's actually not a republican i'd be surprised, but then she's just a coward afraid of losing a big part of her fanbase, bigots.

Still, this track is shit, but katy perry tried to be helpful. Taylor remained silent, and what's the value of a contemporary artist like her that just wants to earn more money and not try to change society or try to give a message against hate and violence? Specially being a pop star?

B.O.O.M

god what a crappy song..what the hell is that chorus? Swish Swish Bish another one in the basket? Is she performing this during the NBA finals?

Yado

Meh, it's obvious. Compared to Katy Perry's posts or other musicians going against the turd's hate speech, she, one of the most popular pop stars ever decides to shut her mouth on important issues. If she's actually not a republican i'd be surprised, but then she's just a coward afraid of losing a big part of her fanbase, bigots.

Still, this track is shit, but katy perry tried to be helpful. Taylor remained silent, and what's the value of a contemporary artist like her that just wants to earn more money and not try to change society or try to give a message against hate and violence? Specially being a pop star?

mhmmm. Taylor doesn't care, she knows who butters her white bread.

so you're saying you don't have any actual proof

well ok then

old

IkLRftY.gif

Have you heard Joanne?

Gaga already moved on from that tragic mess of an album and tried releasing The Cure (for charts) which subsequently flopped.

Holy shit, she's already abandoned Joanne. Fuck that was quick.

Katy Perry rocking that Bieber haircut. I hate it but as long as she's happy thats all that matters even though career wise its not a good decision.

daffy

Banned
It was a hit but yeah, all I heard was Illusion and the SB show and then...ether.
What are you talking about? It was her worst selling album. It sold on her name alone. That is not a hit.

Unless you're her facebook friend or one of her day one producers

highrider

Banned
Her songs are usually really solid in terms of writing, nice hooks, but her latest stuff is kind of dull. She has a definite lane, and I'm not sure she can deviate very far from it.

sono

I dislike every one of her mind numbingly tedious, repetitive, lack of class vocals, talentless songs.

including this one

It's alright.

She's 2/3 for singles for me, I really liked "Chained to the Rhythm", kinda liked "Bon Appetit", and am ambivalent to this. Production wise, this bangs, considering the house like beat, but other than that, there's nothing really gripping me like "Chained to the Rhythm".

That being said, I really only recognize one song with the phrase "Swish Swish bitch" in its hook and that's by the Swet Shop Boys.

charliebear

Neo Member
Liked chain to the rhythm, really didn't like bon appetite. But do like this. Though my actual favourite part is Minaj singing in the middle. :/

Frodo

Far away from being a masterpiece, but you listen to worse stuff if you Switch™ the radio on at any time. I don't understand the hyperbowl in this thread.

Far away from being a masterpiece, but you listen to worse stuff if you Switch™ the radio on at any time. I don't understand the hyperbowl in this thread.

It makes a lot more sense when you remember this is neogaf and everyone here is a nerd. Things either have to be The Best Thing Ever or The Worst Thing Ever and there is no in between.

Nev

Banned
Trash.

She's bound to be out for 2 years and make a comeback where she's back to long black hair and sings her usual still-trash-but-more-tolerable bubblegum radio songs.

If she keeps going this aimless disastrous down spiral she's done for good. Nobody cares about a wannabe 30 years old Miley Cyrus, specially when Miley Cyrus already left that crap before her.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I like it, should I feel bad and abandon all hope?

Do I have to give in my POP-Card and complimentary Glitter Basket?

Nev

Banned
Have you heard Joanne?

Gaga already moved on from that tragic mess of an album and tried releasing The Cure (for charts) which subsequently flopped.

First off, Joanne is Gaga's best album. Second, The Cure (Gaga's worst single ever) is outperforming any of the Katy Parry singles with zero promotion or a video and it's only going up. Stop spreading false information. You can stay pressed though.

Top Bottom