• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer - Aug 2008

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'll keep updating as I go through the mag. Work in progress.

World Premiere is Wolfenstein (360, PS3, PC)
  • Pub: Activision, Dev: Raven Software/ID Software
  • Takes place in WWII against Nazi's fully dabbling in the occult
  • BJ (the hero) will also make use of supernatural powers.
  • Game gives you a city in which the game takes place. Missions and quests take you through different parts. As you complete quests, more of the city opens up. Kind of a non-linear path.
  • Set piece and randomly generated activity block your path.
  • There is an AI resistance force that will assist you during the game at times. Think of the resistance forces in MGS4 I guess?
  • You will also enter "The Shroud", an alternate reality version of the city. A dimension in which the Nazi's are drawing power from.

Screens wise, it looks like a very nice looking game. I'm particularly impressed by the lighting in the game. It looks very good. I'm sure scans will show up somewhere soon for everyone to see (now, that's not a hint that I'm scanning it. I'm not).

Rock Band 2

• New, easier to navigate front end.
  • Expanded World Tour mode including Tour Challenges.
  • Reorganized Track Listing including creating your own set lists.
  • Battle of the Bands mode. An ever evolving set of challenges between bands.
  • Some new songs listed, "Ace of Spades" (Motorhead), "Any Way You Want It" (Journey), "Give it Away" (Chili Peppers), "Livin' on a Prayer" (Bon Jovi), "Pinball Wizard" (The Who), "White Wedding" (Billy Idol).
  • First party options to expand your instruments. Real Fenders will be transformed into controllersand a premium RB drum set w/ 3 cymbals. (The new drums will also be expandable to add cymbals as well)

Top 10 Comic Book Games
1) Marvel Ultimate Alliance
2) Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
3) City of Heroes
4) Marvel vs. Capcom 2
5) Adventures of Batman and Robin
6) Spider-Man 2
7) X-Men: The Arcade Game
8) Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
9) The Darkness
10) Alien vs. Predator (Arcade)

Previews:
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion (Combine powers between the two heroes playing, bigger game, cleaning up flaws and UI, PS3/360/Wii)
Call of Duty: World at War (Will finally be co-op)
Wanted (Takes place after the movie)
Dark Void
Fracture
Resident Evil 5
NHL 09
Midnight Club: LA
Quantum of Solace
Bionic Commando
Bioshock
Velvet Assassin
Far Cry 2
Madden 09
The Last Remnant
Civ 4: Colonization
FIFA 09

Reviews:
NCAA 09 (GotM): 8.25, 8.5
GH: Aerosmith: 8, 8.25
Incredible Hulk: 6.75, 7
Prizefighter: 7.5, 7
Kung Fu Panda: 8, 7
Alone in the Dark: 6.5, 6.75
Top Spin 3: 7.75, 8.25
Rock Band Wii: 8.25, 8.25
SingStar: 8, 8.25
UT 3: 8.5, 8.25
C&C 3: Kane's Wrath: 7.25, 7.25
Age of Conan (PCGotM): 8, 8.5
Trauma Center 2: 8.25, 8
Civ Revolution DS: 8.5
Final Fantasy IV (HHGotM): 8.5, 9

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wolfenstein, holy crap

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Elbrain said:
Like I said before Gameinformer are on a fucking roll with exclusives.
Also they're willing
(financially able)
to put a game nobody's heard of on their cover.

wolfen-dvd-cover.jpg

images.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jel0man

***** has learned from a trusted source within Activision that its next-gen installment in the Wolfenstein series will make an appearance at E3 2008, which takes place next week in Los Angeles, California. Activision has no plans to participate in E3, other than hosting an off-site press conference, which is where we speculate such an appearance could take place.

Activision originally announced that a new Wolfenstein title was in development for Xbox 360 by Raven Software at X05 in Amsterdam, which was nearly three years ago. Since then, all has been quiet on the Wolfenstein front.

That Activision plans to unveil its new Wolfenstein at E3 isn't hard to believe, considering GameTrailers TV has already announced that its viewers should "tune in for more world exclusive surprises including something special from id Software and Raven Software" during E3 next week.

Acid08

Banned
Does anyone think GI gets so many of these exclusives because they're GameStops magazine? Like a way of pleasing retail by getting more magazines sold in the stores?

Exempted

Banned
Acid08 said:
Does anyone think GI gets so many of these exclusives because they're GameStops magazine? Like a way of pleasing retail by getting more magazines sold in the stores?
NAWWWWWWWWW, REALLY

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Acid08 said:
They're the nation's #1 sold magazine, period. That's why they get the exclusives.

Sallokin

This issue also has Rock Band 2 feature, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion feature, Call of Duty: WAW preview, Wanted preview, and a Dark Void preview. It even has a screenshot of the final boss from SF IV if that's something new.

Loose Talk:

Dead Rising II: Talk of the game being episodic. Not sure if that's DLC or the way the game is laid out or if it will be sold in chunks at retail.

Sony supposedly blocking connectivity between PSP/PS3 with certain games.

Talk of a new PS3 controller that is motion sensing and breaks apart into two separate controllers.

Microsoft's Miis which we should have all heard about already due to the leak a few weeks back.

Mamesj

Banned
sykoex said:
They're the nation's #1 sold magazine, period. That's why they get the exclusives.

you mean #1 sold videogame magazine?

and is it really "selling" when they tack it on to a discount card? Highest circulation sounds a little more correct...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Added some more. I need to run for a second, then I'll update with previews and goofy shit in the mag.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Salazar said:
I'd like variety in Dead Rising 2, but I want it all in the same box. I don't imagine I'm alone.
I'm struggling to find the connection between this thread and Dead Rising 2... little help?

Edit: Oh someone else posted the rumors down the page

FrankT

Wolfenstein, finally. Oh I hope this lives up to one of the greatest shooters of all times. I have my reservations, but I believe Raven can come through.

It is using the id Tech 4 engine if the info from the previous id thread is correct, which is bummer indeed.

DuckRacer

sykoex said:
I can only imagine how gimped the standard version of the drums will be. This is only making me lean even more toward the Guitar Hero side.
lol

The normal drums aren't gimped at all, the ion drums are for people who want to have an actual electronic drum set that'll work with RB. The extra cymbals are essentially useless in the game.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
IS this Wolfenstein a remake of the PS2 and Xbox game or a new game that take place after Return to castle wolfestein?

Sallokin

Kasumi1970 said:
IS this Wolfenstein a remake of the PS2 and Xbox game or a new game that take place after Return to castle wolfestein?

Looking at the article it seems this is a direct continuation of RTCW

Top Bottom