• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's a good tasting (girly) yet strong mixed drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's the thing; my girl is in love with these Malibu Bay Breeze things. And that's cool, whatever. The problem is she sucks em down like water! This is a problem because where we normally go, the bartender serves em in a pint glass and charges $8 a drink. She sucked down 3 in an hour the other night and still wanted more, meanwhile I was already $30 in the hole (not counting my drinks). The only alcohol those things have in them is some Malibu rum, which is really weaksauce.

So I'm looking for another drink to "introduce" to her, maybe one with a little more oomf so she doesn't suck em down like they contain the antidote, yet still has a pleasant flavor. Any recommendations?

Long.
Island.
Iced.
Tea.

This will FCUK. HRE. UP. I can't say she won't want to keep drinking though - but one will definitely put her in a nice place.

mollipen

SnakeswithLasers said:
Long.
Island.
Iced.
Tea.

Well, that's what I came in here to post.

My other suggestion would be something I discovered one day when I was out of my usual stuff - A&W Rootbeer and Crusian Orange Rum. About 1/4 rum, 3/4 root beer, tastes like those root beer barrel candies.

glistenm

Banned
I second a properly made Long Island. That shit is all kinds of delicious.

and before all these "that's a pussy drink" people get in here:

PFFFFT

edit: That might actually not be a good idea, because she will suck them down quickly.

worldrunover said:
Oh wow, you know I hadn't even thought of those... and I live on Long Island!

I also like Orange Crushes ... the cocktail, not the shot. Those may not be strong enough, but they are delicious (as are cantaloupe crushes...).

Or you can just get her onto gin and tonic ... it's pretty un****withable.

shidoshi said:
My other suggestion would be something I discovered one day when I was out of my usual stuff - A&W Rootbeer and Crusian Orange Rum. About 1/4 rum, 3/4 root beer, tastes like those root beer barrel candies.

That sounds delicious...

Zach_Braff_-_rs_964965_People_of_th.jpg

"Mmm, Appletini!"

Bulla564 said:
LIT is not really girly, but it will do the trick.

You can also give her a few mongolian mother*****s.

I have no idea what that is, but I want to know.

She's tried my gin and tonics and hated them, so I doubt that'll work.

haunts said:
LIIT is a girly drink? really? that shit will **** you up for real.

It's "girly" because it's eaaaaasy to drink, not because it won't knock you on your ass.

God, those things are ruthless...now I'm craving one.

But I'm on a strict gin & tonic diet this week - can't have any of that other madness mucking about in my cocktail.

ep85

if she enjoys the long island ice tea, try a tokyo tea. same thing but replace the coke with midori. its very nice.

Macam

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Long.
Island.
Iced.
Tea.

This will FCUK. HRE. UP. I can't say she won't want to keep drinking though - but one will definitely put her in a nice place.

Oddly enough, that was the first drink to came to my mind, but it's not something I'd consider a girly drink in particular. Still, those are good, as are frozen Mexican and/or flavored margaritas (of which, there are a million and one versions depending on where you are). White Russians are pretty smooth with a more milky flavor, but they're not particularly strong. Shot wise, Washington Apples and Lemon Drops seem to be favorite girl shots -- to me, they taste like Jolly Ranchers.

Adios mofo is pretty good when mixed well(tip- ask the bartender to make it about stronger for your chick(triple shot)). Long Island is pretty strong as well, though the taste isn't as 'girly' as an adios. If your chick likes dr pepper, try southern comfort with coke.

And if you want to save some cash, do a few shots to "start" the night off. Also, ask the bartender for his strongest, but best tasting mix drink that he has. He/She will usually have a personal drink that's not on the menu. That's how I discovered a little devil drink called the incredible hulk(coconut rum+151(lots)+pineapple juice+something else). That drink is incredibly tasty, but man will you be messed up.

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
Caribou Lou, a drink I only know about because of the rapper Tech N9ne.

151 + Malibu + Pineapple Juice. You can hardly taste the 151 and it will crush her, the bartender doesn't always know how to make it though.

jxanthony

not that its particularly girly but my girlfriend enjoys my french connection whenever i get one: 1pt grand marnier & 1 pt cognac.

i call it the ghetto cough syrup.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Long Island Iced Tea

Sex on the beach

Hurricane

Yeah, Long Islands are the best five part drinks you'll ever have, but beware. Some places charge an arm an a leg for them, so know which places make them good and which don't.

IntestineBoy

Sasquatch of 1000 (hairy) colons
worldrunover said:
So here's the thing; my girl is in love with these Malibu Bay Breeze things. And that's cool, whatever. The problem is she sucks em down like water! This is a problem because where we normally go, the bartender serves em in a pint glass and charges $8 a drink. She sucked down 3 in an hour the other night and still wanted more, meanwhile I was already $30 in the hole (not counting my drinks). The only alcohol those things have in them is some Malibu rum, which is really weaksauce.

So I'm looking for another drink to "introduce" to her, maybe one with a little more oomf so she doesn't suck em down like they contain the antidote, yet still has a pleasant flavor. Any recommendations?

Rape-ScaryBlackDude.jpg

LiveWire

Easy. I recommend this to anyone who's looking for a fruity, flavorful drink that will knock you on your ass. It comes with a warning though--some bartenders have never heard of it, and others will know one of the alternate recipes (one of 'em includes Jager, which, while I like as a shot and in a Red-Headed Slut, it's NOT good in this recipe).

It's called a Red Death. Lemme 'splain:

1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz Southern Comfort® peach liqueur
1/2 oz amaretto almond liqueur
1/2 oz triple sec
1/2 oz sloe gin
1/2 oz lime juice
orange juice

Pour all ingredients (except orange juice) into an ice-filled collins glass. Fill with orange juice, and serve.

For those bartenders (or alcoholics! :D) out there, you will recognize that this drink is actually just a combo of two girly shots (shooters): a Kamikaze (triple sec and vodka) and a Alabama Slamma (everything else). Mixed properly and it should taste like fruit punch. Mixed poorly (too much sloe gin or SoCo) and it tastes tart and will burn more than it should. Either way, a few of these and you'll be quite happy. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
How about a whisky sour, or a regular screwdriver? LIIT's are typically just as expensive if not more so, than the drink she is drinking now. You want a simple mixed drink in which the barkeep won't be doing a lot of work.

Either that, or a mojito. Girl's love that shit.

jamesinclair said:
Only correct answer. Only liquid in that is vodka, but it goes down fast

There's no vodka in a Caipirinha. It's made with Brazilian rum called Cachaça. It's the national drink of Brazil.

it sounds like the OP's problem isn't that he needs to find something else for his girl to drink- it's that she only likes fruity girly mixed drinks.

every drink listed here ESPECIALLY the long island is going to run him about the same amount of money.

OP, either tell your girl to get a job and pay for drinks now and then, or find a bar with better drink specials. There's a couple around my area that do either an open bar all night for a cover charge (this is AWESOME, btw) or "two dollar a drink" drink specials on certain nights.

find out where these bars are and exploit the hell out of them.

There's even one in the area that serves drinks for 1 freaking cent for happy hour, but I can never find the time to make it down there.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
glistenm said:
Long islands costs $30?

No, but the cost $8+, which is what his girl's drink costs.

Manmademan: If there were places like that near where he lived, I am sure wro would have found them.

glistenm said:
Long islands costs $30?

Long islands will run you 6-10 bucks a drink depending on where you get them- around the same as the malibus.

the OP said his girl had sucked down 3 $8 drinks in an hour, not one $30 drink.

if your girl is addicted to $30 drinks that you have to pay for, she needs a reality check, not more alcohol

Wellington said:

Manmademan: If there were places like that near where he lived, I am sure wro would have found them.

you never know, Wellington. I had no idea some of these places existed until I made some effort to find them.

people still think I'm lying to them when I tell them about the 1c per drink place, and it's been there for years.

glistenm

Banned
Wellington said:

I know, it's my point. =D

It should take her just a wee bit longer to get through a LIT than a "girly" drink.

Manmademan said:
Long islands will run you 6-10 bucks a drink depending on where you get them- around the same as the malibus.

the OP said his girl had sucked down 3 $8 drinks in an hour, not one $30 drink.

if your girl is addicted to $30 drinks that you have to pay for, she needs a reality check, not more alcohol

He did say he was $30 in the hole with his girls' drink.

worldrunover said:
meanwhile I was already $30 in the hole (not counting my drinks).

glistenm said:
I know, it's my point. =D

He did say he was $30 in the hole with his girls' drink.

he also said

The problem is she sucks em down like water! This is a problem because where we normally go, the bartender serves em in a pint glass and charges $8 a drink. She sucked down 3 in an hour the other night and still wanted more, meanwhile I was already $30 in the hole (not counting my

comprehension FTW. a long island will cost you just the same as a malibu. it IS stronger, but they taste like candy. if she sucks them down like the bay breezes he might just end up with a wrecked GF.

glistenm

Banned
Manmademan said:
he also said
comprehension FTW. a long island will cost you just the same as a malibu. it IS stronger, but they taste like candy. if she sucks them down like the bay breezes he might just end up with a wrecked GF.

Sure, but she won't be asking for another drink after only $8. Which I think was the point of the recommendations?

Yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom