• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Variety: Ben affleck admits to groping Hilarie Burton

tenor.gif

WB must be regretting hiring him for the part do badly by now. He's been a fucking disaster.

Replicant

But remember, the real danger is women making false accusations and ending careers with an offhand remark.

Just looking at this thread, the tendency to shift narrative is real. Anything to direct the blame away from the actual perpetrator, who's apparently a stand-up guy in their eyes. The same thing happened when Amber Heard made her case against Johnny Depp.

See below:

unless i am thinking of something else, but isn't "admit" a bit of an odd choice of words for something that happened on camera?

Yeah. I don't entirely get this OP's title.

Yes because that's the real issues here. Not the fact that Affleck molested women. He was accused of molesting a woman and apologizes. What do you call that? Admission is my thought. Meanwhile not one word either of you said to condemn his action.

Chindogg

I curious to see where the timeline of this all is with him getting divorced and realizing he was a drunken piece of shit recently. Is he truly repentant now or is it just business as usual.

Either way, he'll be lying low for a couple of years before making the usual Hollywood comeback barring any rape accusations.

lenovox1

I curious to see where the timeline of this all is with him getting divorced and realizing he was a drunken piece of shit recently. Is he truly repentant now or is it just business as usual.

Either way, he'll be lying low for a couple of years before making the usual Hollywood comeback barring any rape accusations.

Lying low? He's Batman.

Just looking at this thread, the tendency to shift narrative is real. Anything to direct the blame away from the actual perpetrator, who's apparently a stand-up guy in their eyes. The same thing happened when Amber Heard made her case against Johnny Depp.

Holy crap you're being such a baby lol. Who in this thread is shifting the blame away from him?! Or are you still somehow misinterpreting that "everywhere" post

Excuse YOU? No. I have NEVER done this to any woman. EVER. It helps that I'm gay but again, NO just NO. I'm sure there are straight men who have never done this either.
No, he’s right. You need to understand that men are socialized differently than women. Whether you’re a cis-man who identifies as either B or G, you’re still going to be a product of your socialization. Further, misogynsitic conditioning results in the demonization of more feminine gay/bi men over more masculine gay/bi men.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.

The problem with lying low is he has a huge promotional tour coming up.

firelogic

For now. They've been debating on recasting Batman for a while now.

Yeah he's been a flake ever since his movie bombed and his personal life started to go downhill. I'd be down for Lee Pace to take over. After catching up on Halt and Catch Fire, I think he'd be perfect as Bruce and he has the stature for Batman. He balances being a sociopath with genuine sadness and likeability really well.

well realistically what can he say? he didn't make excuses about why he did it.
You cannot seriously think that he would only apologize now if he was sincere. He benefited from people forgetting and was fine with that. He apologized to save his ass now that he was getting called out.This is obvious.
The “apology” is super half assed so he can totally fuck off even more than before.

See below:

Yes because that's the real issues here. Not the fact that Affleck molested women. He was accused of molesting a woman and apologizes. What do you call that? Admission is my thought. Meanwhile not one word either of you said to condemn his action.

Dude you seriously need to take a step back, calm down and think before you post. You're getting way too emotional and you're misinterpreting a bunch of stuff.

Take a break from the keyboard.

Replicant

Holy crap you're being such a baby lol. Who in this thread is shifting the blame away from him?! Or are you still somehow misinterpreting that "everywhere" post

Yes sure, because me not liking others shifting the narrative is the real problem here. What's your opinion on the thread title? I didn't see you saying anything about Affleck here.

Dude you seriously need to take a step back, calm down and think before you post. You're getting way too emotional and you're misinterpreting a bunch of stuff.

Take a break from the keyboard.

And your opinion on Affleck?

Top Bottom