• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Excited to watch some SFV, T7, and Injustice 2. CEO Injustice was really hype to watch so I'm expecting great matches from that game.

I don't see the US winning T7.

smurfx

get some go again
any umvc3 salty suites today or tomorrow? are the umvc3 finals on saturday this year? looks like i might have to miss it again thanks to work.

DEjHp61VwAANSPT.jpg

TreIII

Many thanks to BadWolf for linking those AnimEvo and KOF stream schedules.

Now, if I can just find out where Arika will be and what the hell Bamco is doing for DBF, I'll be in business!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
There are pre tournaments tonight and tomorrow. Will post links when they happen.

OP will be updated when I get home.

smurfx

get some go again
cool umvc3 finals on sunday. i'll get to watch and hopefully i'll be able to watch the semi finals when i get home on sat.

JAXXX

are you guys upset that Gulity Gear isn't on final day instead of blazblue? seems backwards but i dont really follow that scene
I'm surprise that Injustice2 wraps on Sat

TWILT

Banned
In for UMVC3, both Smashes, REV 2, maybe Tekken and probably gonna tune into SFV too.

Hope there's some reveals for DBFZ too (at least a Trunks trailer already plsssss)

BadWolf

Many thanks to BadWolf for linking those AnimEvo and KOF stream schedules.

Now, if I can just find out where Arika will be and what the hell Bamco is doing for DBF, I'll be in business!

Np :)

Really looking forward to Arika's showing as well.

Is kof going to be streamed prior to the top 8 at all by any third parties?

I don't see the KOF pools and the semi final anywhere. Any alternative channel will stream them?

Pools and semi-finals are being streamed on Evo4 on Friday.

The top 8 is being streamed the same day on the main stream.

It's so hard to tell with Smash 4. So many secret killers everywhere. Might run into a dude from across the country that's put in work with a character you forgot existed.

That's the best part of being a stream monster, seeing all the random killers pop out. Going in person I'll miss some of that but eh.

what the hell is that green logo?

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev. 2.

Also hype to see how all the Vegas locals are gonna be this week as people arrive.

Missing Killer Instinct this year big time. Always found it to produce some of the most diverse and exciting competitive matches.

Will mostly be watching Injustice 2 to see if beyond Red Hood (which many players seem to be teasing as particularly strong) there's any surprise characters making top 8. Wondering if Scarecrow will remain a very real threat now that people know he can win a tournament/practice the match-up more.

Shame about no Killer Instinct... Always a spectacle to watch.

Yeah, kinda bummed it's UMVC3 this year but eh, it'll be fun to watch still I hope.

My ideal Sunday would've been:

Kof XIV
GG Xrd Rev. 2
Tekken 7
Melee
SFV

But everyone's tastes differ.

So gonna avoid EVO1 and everything else is fine. Thanks

Oy this guy don't like MELEE!

Smug is in this? Oh I gotta see this. Saw videos of his Balrog and was captivated.

Smug's Balrog hits like a truck in SFV. It's entertaining as hell to watch DUFF CITY.

Kumubou

Animevo stream schedule, for people feeling lazy:

Full brackets are also available on smash.gg -- we will try to keep these brackets up to date but that's dependent on TO's personal preferences and how garbo Internet and phone connectivity is out there.

Looking forward to Melee and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R, I guess.
For Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code and Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost I can see better stuff in Japan.
You're complaining about the MBCC bracket when GO1, Rakuchan and Red Melon are in it? o_o

At least watch losers, winners, and grand finals if you're going to be that snooty. :p

I'm excited to see BB back. Last time it was at EVO it had possibly the hypest grand finals of all time.

Shame about no KI though. KIs never gotten half the attention it deserves.

Animevo stream schedule, for people feeling lazy:

Full brackets are also available on smash.gg -- we will try to keep these brackets up to date but that's dependent on TO's personal preferences and how garbo Internet and phone connectivity is out there.

Does that mean PPT Swap Pools are from 12-2 PM Friday?
That's perfect for me actually.

No official word on times yet from Smash.GG, it doesn't show up in my manage / upcoming matches section yet.

Did amsa made it to the Melee tournament? I remember he twitted he could go because Melee was on Saturday.

https://smash.gg/tournament/evo-2017/attendees?per_page=50&filter={"gamerTag":"Amsa"}&page=1

He's in :3

Daouzin

I normally go to EVO, but missing this one feels terrible.

Can't wait to be back next year.

Looking forward to Melee and UMvC 3.

Top Bottom