• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Dunki

This arc shows how villainous our DBZ heroes are.

Goku brought forward the apocalypse, dont give a shit about resurrecting the erased Universes, showed no remorse in Buu'ing a few universes. Gohan straight up wants to kill off the whole namekian race!

No better than Freeza or Cell.

Only Vegeta showed some humanity. Even Freeza is keeping his hands clean so far.

Actually I stil believe that his wish would be to bring all Universes back. That would be totally Goku.

manfestival

hey guys I just started watching super a few days ago and I am on episode 14 right now. how long till the next arc kicks up? spoilers dont really bother me much since this is dragon ball and everything eventually plays out as expected. also are there any episodes or fillers that I need to skip? I dont feel like watching EVERY episode

longdi

Banned
most episodes are like 18 mins, you can binge watch over a weekend, thats what i did! On dragon team dub, before we have this weekly official dubs!

I probably fast forward the first 2 arcs, if lengthy fights between Goku vs baddie, are not your thing.

LordOfChaos

If Champa said "Hey brother...I love you"...I think it would have broken me.

This was also acceptable.

uN5DFDD.png

pramod

Banned
We all know what's going to happen, right? The Zenos are enjoying the tournament so much, they are going to restore all the universes once there is a "winner". Because how else can you do another tournament if everyone has been erased?

We all know what's going to happen, right? The Zenos are enjoying the tournament so much, they are going to restore all the universes once there is a "winner". Because how else can you do another tournament if everyone has been erased?
Yes lol we all know they are coming back that's why none of this is sad or actually matters.

Yes lol we all know they are coming back that's why none of this is sad or actually matters.

Best case, I think, is that they all get wished back but merged into one place.

Not to mention even if that didn't happen for some reason, you've still got 4 other universes for potential adventures or whatever.

tkscz

Either that or someone asks Zenos to do it or someone uses the Super Dragon Balls.

Also not only did this episode not help me figure out how strong Piccolo is, it made it more confusing. Both U6 Namikians were fused with at least 20 others a piece and when they were fully able to control the power of the fusion, they were on par (or maybe even stronger) with Ultimate Gohan, with one of them tanking a full Kamehameha. Yet a fully charged SBC was able to not only pierce them, but made it so the Kamehameha would push them back (or the SBC pushed them off, couldn't tell which). Where the hell is Piccolo at on the power scale? (At this point I'm just putting him at equal with Ultimate Gohan to escape the headache).

pramod

Banned
Either that or someone asks Zenos to do it or someone uses the Super Dragon Balls.

Also not only did this episode not help me figure out how strong Piccolo is, it made it more confusing. Both U6 Namikians were fused with at least 20 others a piece and when they were fully able to control the power of the fusion, they were on par (or maybe even stronger) with Ultimate Gohan, with one of them tanking a full Kamehameha. Yet a fully charged SBC was able to not only pierce them, but made it so the Kamehameha would push them back (or the SBC pushed them off, couldn't tell which). Where the hell is Piccolo at on the power scale? (At this point I'm just putting him at equal with Ultimate Gohan to escape the headache).

I think that's more of the nature of the SBC though. It's a focused energy beam that is supposed to be able to pierce anything if not blocked or evaded. Has there been any one in DBZ that has been able to take a SBC head on and survived or not take damage from it? I know some characters have deflected or blocked it, but that's only when they are consciously trying to do so.

Krixeus

This arc shows how villainous our DBZ heroes are.

Goku brought forward the apocalypse, dont give a shit about resurrecting the erased Universes, showed no remorse in Buu'ing a few universes. Gohan straight up wants to kill off the whole namekian race!

No better than Freeza or Cell.

Only Vegeta showed some humanity. Even Freeza is keeping his hands clean so far.
Freeza is the real protagonist confirmed.

pramod

Banned
Freeza is the real protagonist confirmed.

I've been thinking about that too. Let's remember Frieza's existence didn't always revolve around simply killing Goku. Didn't he used to be some kind of Galactic Overlord? Maybe he wants to get back to that, ruling the universe again? Maybe part of his plan is to become the "savior" of Universe 7?

Good ep---but messed up that Gohan and Piccolo had a better Moment, both in music and quality(actually new stuff!) of actions, back when they had their spar with Goku and Tien.

The impact was more pronounced here overall, but here's hoping they have much more yet to actually do in the tournament to surpass that practice bout in terms of growth and all else.

Rising_Hei

I've been thinking about that too. Let's remember Frieza's existence didn't always revolve around simply killing Goku. Didn't he used to be some kind of Galactic Overlord? Maybe he wants to get back to that, ruling the universe again? Maybe part of his plan is to become the "savior" of Universe 7?

If becoming a saviour of universe 7 serves his true goal, he would gladly play the role

Wait a minute, where does King Yemma fit in all of this?

I know when a Universe gets erased they don't die, the simply cease to be. Where is the land of the dead though? Is it within each Universe or outside of them?

Isn't it its own plane within that universe? That would mean it gets erased just the same.

oliander

Wait a minute, where does King Yemma fit in all of this?

I know when a Universe gets erased they don't die, the simply cease to be. Where is the land of the dead though? Is it within each Universe or outside of them?

Each universe have their own heavens and hells as parts of the universe. Each universe supposedly also has a "demon realm", NOT Hell, which is the 'other side of the universe' like the opposite side of a coin.

Yemma judges the souls of the dead for Universe 7, but each universe likely has their own.

If a universe is erased, however, then Heaven, Hell and their Demon Realm would vanish along with it.

oliander

Wow, is there a hiatus up coming or something that I missed? Or is this arc just that long, cause it feels like it's coming to an end.

More than likely the end of the tournament won't mean the end of the arc. Either that or the final fight with Jiren is going to go into true Frieza Time.

Worst episode of the tournament arc.

Even beat that terrible Tien episode

Universe 4 after all that rivalry buildup amounted to absolutely nothing, pathetic

Atrus

Gold Member
U4 was a lot more straightforward than I expected it to be, almost filler really. Lots of concern and buildup over their remaining fighters and it was probably the weakest sendoff. Hopefully the next episode will be better.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Eliminating kefla so early was a mistake, really can't get myself to care for these scrub universes; they aren't giving anyone any real trouble, U3 will prolly be gone next episode as well.

Then toppo and dispo will be next and then Jiren is going to body everyone.

Seeing the NEP, Vegeta and Goku go blue and Gohan goes mystic. I really doubt Universe 3 are going down without eliminating one or two people. Not my definition of a scrub universe, but let's see.

My guess is both androids

On this episode of Dragon Ball zSuper, Cyborg 18 trades hands with The Penguin, and her head and right arm disappear for a frame or maybe two.

I just thought it was funny when my eye caught it.

nrNTbN8.png

It's around the 8:58ish mark or so. It might be different if you watch a version of it with the pre-show and possibly commercials left in tact.

Wow episode was really bad.

Everything about it was straight junk... they did none of the characters justice lol

Vegeta fought that robot dude longer than he did toppo too...

Top Bottom