• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New CoD is set in WW1 with alternate realities, has multiplayer, next-gen only

Status
Not open for further replies.

sense

was posted in other thread by Neuromancer.

http://www.bubblews.com/news/3190403-call-of-duty-2014-announcement-call-of-duty-patriots

- The official name of the game is Call of Duty: Patriots.

- The project name is 'BlackSmith' - Smith Black being ONE of the main characters in the game.

- The game is being developed by Sledgehammer - Who intend to do a 3-part series.

- The setting is going back to the roots of CoD and will be set in a fictional version of The Great War (World War I).

- There will be more of a 'Fantasy' element to the game - One example we have been given is the fact that one of the main characters is from a previous CoD game, but in an alternate reality.

- There will be a multiplayer mode in the game as well as a single player mode. The single player mode can be done via Co-Op. However, this can only be done online. There is no Split Screen.

- The main campaign is expected to last just 6 hours. However, there will be TWO Sub-Campaigns. We aren't sure what exactly this means.

- The game will only be developed for PC, PS4 and Xbox One - There is no chance of a WiiU or last-gen version.

- The release data is currently scheduled for November 14th 2014.

highly likely this is false because of no prev gen version but megaton if true as next gen adoption will be way quicker

Foshy

If it's current-gen only and has 4-player spiltscreen this will be the first CoD I'll buy. Otherwise, no.

Doubt this leak is true as I've never heard of that site.

Tripon

If you think its false, then making a thread without labeling it as a rumor is probably not a good idea.

Ein Bear

'Smith Black'

Jesus.

Everything else sounds absolutely fantastic though. Crazy alternate reality World War 1? Sign me up.

I call bullshit on this, no way will they want a 20million franchise to be lucky to sell 10

if this is the case they are likely preparing a different CoD for last gen systems. Wasn't that a rumor anyway? That they were having another team do a completely different game for the 360/PS3?

Xater

How reliable is bubblews? I don't think Activision will abandon PS3/360 so soon.

Looks like a reddit copy so it's just some dude who submitted it. Also reads like a bunch of bullshit, especially the WW1 part with the screenshot tease we have seen.

PS: It's current gen. Get with the times people!

iMax

This is all bullshit.

Does this look like WW1 to you?

cod-sledgehammer-ignpng-a29997_610w.png

Also, don't expect a next-gen only COD until 2015 at the earliest.

Kacho

Gold Member
Yeah, unless its jumps around to different time periods, I'm calling bullshit. No way this is a WWI game.

- The game will only be developed for PC, PS4 and Xbox One - There is no chance of a WiiU or last-gen version.

This alone shows that it's fake. Eric Hirshberg has already confirmed that the next CoD will be on last gen platforms, but it's being developed as current gen first.

The other earlier rumor out of Destination PlayStation was that this would be a new entry in the Modern Warfare series, and I can't see Activision moving on with such a mass market franchise so quickly to next-gen only.

Hip Hop

Sounds fake, plus we've seen other more legit sources say this will be sort of a new entry to Modern Warfare.

LiamR

This is all rubbish. We're not seeing another CoD set that far back again for a long time, if ever again.

x-Lundz-x

"Next Gen Only" makes everything about this false.

Considering Activision themselves have specifically stated this is "Next Gen First".

Could be fun. Honestly - though they might lose some sales with the change - it might be a good thing for the franchise to mix things up a bit ... make Sledgehammer the 'unusual' or 'different' COD maker.

I call bullshit on this, no way will they want a 20million franchise to be lucky to sell 10
They are most likely taking the Ubisoft approach, my guess is that BF4 scared them. Even though it was cross gen, it still made CoD look embarrassing.
This is all bullshit.

It's probably like Resistance
They probably have a different CoD for last gen, probably done by Raven.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Sound good but the screen we have already seen goes against this.

Tat said, I really do hope this next CoD is current gen only.

Not only to squeeze more potential from a once great series, but a current gen only CoD would sell so many PS4's and Xbox Ones it would be pure insanity.

sense

If you think its false, then making a thread without labeling it as a rumor is probably not a good idea.

i did have a question mark but yea should have had rumor in the title. thankfully a mod edited the title i see

now that i think about it i guess it isn't totally crazy. it has been a long generation and people are ready to upgrade and they just need a little push. games like ac, batman have next gen only versions this fall so a new cod will convince the majority to switch and who knows MS and Sony also had a hand in this by encouraging these publishers to put their hand up and help speed up next gen adoption.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
This is all bullshit.

alternate reality ww1 where you import your loadout from ghosts and strafe around no-man's land killstreaking terrified german teenagers to nu-metal chugs.

World War 1? Will the game be 20 hours of being 19 years-old, waiting in your own shit while you're eaten by rats, then get obliterated by artillery the moment you step out of your trench? Sounds boring and muddy.

Hirshberg also assures fans worried about the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions that 2014’s Call of Duty “will also be a great current-gen game.” The publisher recognizes 2014 as a continuation of last year’s console transition. “There are still a lot of people playing on current gen,” says Hirshberg “and we want to deliver a great experience for them as well. But it will be a next-gen-first production and the current-gen game will be a version of that.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/10/914602

if this is the case they are likely preparing a different CoD for last gen systems. Wasn't that a rumor anyway? That they were having another team do a completely different game for the 360/PS3?

Which would cost them far more to market two different games, I still call bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom