• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 back in stock at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dano1

A Sheep
This must have been a massive shipment for it to stay in stock for so long. Didn't the previous batch sell like 12k PS4s in a few minutes?

Well I'm thinking the 3am thing is slowing it down some! I'm only up because of work. Just randomly check for a friend. They are going to be very happy!

Too early to say. You'll notice that the Xbox One Day One edition is ranked seaparately from the Xbox One standard edition which is found on the next page. I suspect with those two numbers combined, XBO has probably sold more units on Amazon than the PS4 did.

Tales from... yeah right.

kadotsu

Banned
Gemüsepizza;94346593 said:
Tales from... yeah right.

He also omitted that a Day One SKU for the PS4 was delisted, which was ranked higher than the PS4 standard SKU. But in general amazon rankings should be taken with a grain of salt.

neoemonk

You people are drawing the wrong conclusions about the PS4 not selling out. This is obviously Obama's fault due to a weak economy.

Vizzeh

Banned
The whole point of this sale and sonys strategy is that its a big order, that it doesnt sell out right away like a flash in the pan, every other PS4 sale before it.

This is a big order for xmas.

Ugh such a big temptation to get one

No reason not to. My thinking is that if you are lurking on these forums and are interested in a PS4, you will eventually buy one. A price drop will not happen for at least a year, likely longer. Why not get the maximum enjoyment for the price of the console. In fact, under that logic, it's almost as if you are paying a higher price the longer you wait as you will "use" the console for a collectively less amount of time. Therefore, it is as cheap as it will ever be.

2MF

Damn, must have been a big shipment. Meanwhile, several stores here in Sweden have been saying "next shipment in January" for weeks.

welp
better luck next gen Sony, can't even sell out on amazon

Wii U isn't even in stock ;)
(I know amazon doesn't stock Wii u)

serious post, I told my cousin and friend and they bought one so this is good for them, and I'm sure lots others have, at least resellers taking a semi L

sono

I need your advice gaf! What are the chances of the console coming DOA? I want to import one from the US but if it's faulty in anyway i will not be able to send it back meaning my money down the drain. The PS4 stock in my country will arrive mid-late january at the lattest, so what should i do gaf?

The UK have some bundles and temporarily misco (of all places) have some non-bundle consoles, for how long I dont know:
http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps4-playstation-4

(Is the UK nearer for you)

Jon Canon

Great, just ordered, shipping to Norway was no problem, and in sum it actually cheaper than waiting until jan/feb here.

Arrival 27. december, perfect timing :)

Rubenov

The fact that these are still going for over $100 premium on ebay tells me there's plenty of demand.

Can't those people check Amazon?

Serenity

So after all those Xone in stock at Amazon OMG MS has amazing supply reports. Sony manages to out ship them in one day and Ps4 passes Xone in the yearly charts in one night. I guess December NPD just got uninteresting again ;)

Freki

So after all those Xone in stock at Amazon OMG MS has amazing supply reports. Sony manages to out ship them in one day and Ps4 passes Xone in the yearly charts in one night. I guess December NPD just got uninteresting again ;)

PS4 was always ahead in the yearly chart - for some reason it was delisted though...

gkryhewy

PS4 was always ahead in the yearly chart - for some reason it was delisted though...

It was delisted because there is no more launch edition. XB1 day one edition is still listed because it's a different sku with different component elements, making it viable to keep open for resellers.

system11

As a European, I'm totally OK with Sony prioritising US supply, because the EU battle is pretty much won. It's better for everyone in the long term if MS can't get a majority in the US because it makes it harder for them to moneyhat exclusives.

FiggyCal

Banned
As a European, I'm totally OK with Sony prioritising US supply, because the EU battle is pretty much won. It's better for everyone in the long term if MS can't get a majority in the US because it makes it harder for them to moneyhat exclusives.

If anything it makes Microsoft MORE willing to moneyhat exclusives as they try to catch up. Microsoft invested way too much into the Xbox One to lose or tie in the U.S. territory.

Just placed an order to Europe and it said delivery between 12.31-01.02. Checked with a PS4 controller and it will deliver 27th. Does that mean PS4 out of stock, or that a PS4 controller will travel faster than the console itself for some reason?

If anything it makes Microsoft MORE willing to moneyhat exclusives as they try to catch up. Microsoft invested way too much into the Xbox One to lose or tie in the U.S. territory.

Come on though man, unless they cut the price by a significant margin, they ARE losing in that market. You can't make up that big price differential, especially for a weaker piece of hardware.

Striek

I just got my PS4 delivered from Amazon today from the last time it was in stock (shipped to Australia), good luck to everyone else getting theirs. Kinda concerning its apparently being in stock for so long. Unless the stock level is stupidly high thats never a good sign (same with XBOne).

I just checked and there is 991 left in stock, so we'll see how long it takes for those to sell out.

FiggyCal

Banned
Just placed an order to Europe and it said delivery between 12.31-01.02. Checked with a PS4 controller and it will deliver 27th. Does that mean PS4 out of stock, or that a PS4 controller will travel faster than the console itself for some reason?

You can fit more controllers on a truck than PS4's???

FiggyCal

Banned
Come on though man, unless they cut the price by a significant margin, they ARE losing in that market. You can't make up that big price differential, especially for a weaker piece of hardware.

I don't disagree, I think that the price is a huge factor and why the PS4 at this moment in time will overtake the Xbox One in America (imo). But that's all the more reason for Microsoft to spend money to gather up exclusives.

kmg90

How do you see exact stock numbers?

Where did it start? They offer these numbers?

Vhca0aU.png

Add to cart and put in 900+ for quantity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom