• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch and Standard Editions, which is your preorder? (Amazon)

NOTE: No difference other than ship date between Launch and Standard versions:

Product Alert
The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible. I preordered the PS4 on Amazon Monday night soon after the Sony presentation not noticing any option for a specific version.

I just contacted Amazon via chat and this is what I got:

Thanks for being patient, the launch edition ran out within a few minutes of its availability, I'm afraid yours is the standard edition, but not to worry, the standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible.

So I may not be a day one owner. Just figured I'd get the word out for those who absolutely have to have it day one.

UPDATE:

ME: I'm just curious why when I'm looking at the Launch Edition product page it tells me: "Instant Order Update for DogFacedGod. You purchased this item on June 10, 2013." I'm hoping that means I actually do have a launch version.

Amazon:I do understand your concern. The information I see is also not clear for me and I'll need to check with the concerned department if the PS4 you've ordered is a standard or launch version. I'll get back to you via e-mail once I get the update from them.

Mine's a launch. If you you're signed into amazon, it tells you what you have.
Instant Order Update for ________. You purchased this item on June 10, 2013. View this order.

Yeah, if you have to have it day one, the best option is always in-store if you have that option. I was first at my local GameStop, so hopefully they get at least one! :)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i always avoid the first batch of any new hardware, but i am compelled to buy this "launch edition"

i don't even know what it is

Mine says estimated delivery of Dec 31st, so I'm happy. I pre-ordered right away after the conference though. Gonna get PS+ this week when I log into my PS3 for TLoU.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
mine is a launch edition. not 100% sure i'll keep it though. Just got my order in right away so I can have it day one if I decide to.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I got a Launch Edition. The page for it on Amazon wasn't fully updated when I ordered, so I figure I made it in time.

rbanke

Huh, yea those options weren't there for either console when I pre-ordered them. but now they both say 'you ordered this item...' when I have the launch & day one editions selected.

Instant Order Update for ________. You purchased this item on June 10, 2013. View this order.

Yep. I ordered mine instantly upon availability before they had any differentiation between "standard" and "launch" and I have a "launch"

#TeamLaunch

Giggzy

I ordered mine exactly as it went up. I have the launch edition, Woooooot. Saving some PTO at work so I can take a few days off once we get a release date. Yes, I'm that pathetic.

dubq

Aren't they the same, and Launch just means you're guaranteed one to ship day-one?

Either way I have "launch" orders in at both Best Buy and GameStop. Might cancel one closer to the date, or keep it and sell it to a friend (I always have one friend who waits til the last second and then is really pissed when the new consoles are sold out).

knitoe

Launched. Order at 11:09 EST. Don't know if it matters, but I am also have Prime. OP and others, what time (EST) was your order?

Breemin

I pre-ordered from GameStop. Got the PS4 with NBA2K14. Kind of dumb you cant pre-order the console only with no game.

I didn't notice that. I checked and I only get the order update when on the PS4 Launch page, contrary to what the Amazon peep told me.

I needs must dig deeper.

Aren't they the same, and Launch just means you're guaranteed one to ship day-one?

Either way I have "launch" orders in at both Best Buy and GameStop. Might cancel one closer to the date, or keep it and sell it to a friend (I always have one friend who waits til the last second and then is really pissed when the new consoles are sold out).

it's the same. i think it was a good idea for amazon to do this rather than people buying the system and may not be guaranteed a system until after the launch. its their way of sorting things out now than later when they get a flood of comments asking why their superior box isn't here on time.

Raymo

Is this confirmed? Because mine displays that on the launch edition page. However, when I contacted the chat before that, they told me I had a standard edition PS4. So it was conflicting information.

CaptNink

I don't care about a launch console, I just want A console.

How hard do you think it will be to get one without pre-ordering?

Apath

So to the people who say they don't have the Launch Editon: does the PS4 Launch Edition page not have an instant order update for you at the top?
I don't care about a launch console, I just want A console.

How hard do you think it will be to get one without pre-ordering?
Very. Prepare to wait all night to get one.

Valnen

Launch with prime shipping. First console I'll ever have at launch.

Hopefully the UPS/Fed Ex guy doesn't abuse the box too much.

Tucah

you speak so well
Launch. Still not sure if I want to bite at launch but good to know that I have the option if I want to.

I'll just post these pics again:

MgXcViF.png

B0DdnN4.png

Patryn

I didn't notice that. I checked and I only get the order update when on the PS4 Launch page, contrary to what the Amazon peep told me.

I needs must dig deeper.

You have the launch edition. Don't worry.

Basically, if you pre-ordered before they differentiated, you have the launch edition.

AkuMifune

Banned
Awww yeah launch baby.

And I upgraded my PC so I could skip the launches and let the consoles fight it out first. Turns out PS4 dropped the xbone even before the handshake.

Still only two-day shipping though. Hope they update to allow overnight for us impatient jerks.

calder

I know plenty of people mocked the Xbone "day 1" achievement and shit but I can't lie - I wouldn't mind something like that for having a PS4 launch day. :p

Maybe a special avatar or something. Yes I am someone who is pleased by getting anniversary achievements in WoW and shit.

Top Bottom