• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Announces Promotion With Arms Manufacturer Northrop Grumman At NYCC

WillyFive

Baffling move.

You launch an entire cinematic universe with a character that literally says on screen that this is bad.

Zubz

Banned
Ever heard of the Twitter Ratio?

Basically, if the amount of replies to your tweet vastly outnumbers both likes and retweets, then you posted a shitty tweet that people hate. Typically, people mostly reply to criticize.

No, but that's cool to know now!

G. Willow Wilson, one of the creators and main writer for Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel, flat out says in a blog post that she would have quit Marvel if this deal went through. She even says she was looking at her schedule for the right time to quit so that it would hurt her crew as little as possible.

http://gwillowwilson.com/post/166159537168/yeah-no

So Marvel would have lost one of its most well-regarded writers and the co-creator of one of its new flagship characters if they didn’t backtrack on this deal.

Holy shit Marvel, this is what happens when the right hand doesn’t know what the left is doing.

toneroni

I saw the comic at their booth and was baffled even asking them WTF?! Their rep kinda did the shoulder shrug also. Wonder if it'll be worth anything now! Glad they stopped it also..

G. Willow Wilson, one of the creators and main writer for Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel, flat out says in a blog post that she would have quit Marvel if this deal went through. She even says she was looking at her schedule for the right time to quit so that it would hurt her crew as little as possible.

So Marvel would have lost one of its most well-regarded writers and the co-creator of one of its new flagship characters if they didn’t backtrack on this deal.

Holy shit Marvel, this is what happens when the right hand doesn’t know what the left is doing.

At least it shows that Disney aren't entirely top down when it comes to running Marvel.

Gunblade47

Neo Member
How much cash had to pass hands for this to get the go-ahead? Gotta make the newer generations be more accepting of MIC and what better starting point than having the series(movies, I dont read comics so I cant comment on that) that started out criticizing it sell out?

Alo0oy

Banned
Because people don't know who Northrop Grumman is and assumed 'Arms Manufacturers' means guns.

I would have thought this would be cleared up by now but apparently not.

Oh, they kill brown people outside America instead!

Are people supposed to let out a sigh of relief?

Jackpot

Banned
This is just weird:

DLi_UJaVYAA-PDx.jpg

howdoyoudofellowkids.jpeg

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Of course the deal was with Marvel Entertainment management. When Marvel Comics' head honcho finds out alongside everyone else you know this was a management decision.

At least it shows that Disney aren't entirely top down when it comes to running Marvel.

I honestly don't get why people keep implying that Marvel=Disney. That's not how companies work.

Buckle

So Marvel would have lost one of its most well-regarded writers and the co-creator of one of its new flagship characters if they didn't backtrack on this deal.

Holy shit Marvel, this is what happens when the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.
I would have left. I'm not naive; I know all collaborations involve compromise, ideological or otherwise. But everybody has their own red lines, and bespoke recruitment paraphernalia for combat drone manufacturers–under the fantastically cynical guise of encouraging kids to get into STEM careers–is my red line and then some.

VGmAXkw.gif

Wish I could high five/hug people through the internet.

I fucking cannot stand when companies pull the "we pulled it because of the backlash, which was unfounded and was really the audience's fault for not 'getting it'."

Like fuck off, everyone "got it". You were taking money from death dealers to help push a shiney new image to the masses under Trump's regime. Shit's disgusting.

Top Bottom