• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia S2 |OT| This is Going to Stain my Hero Record. No Manga Spoilers!!!

Neoxon

tumblr_osux6mPciL1vvymn9o1_1280.jpg

This stupid meme will never die.

Looking forward to the third season.
This is literally the cockroach of memes.

Neoxon

So this is how the fandom is gonna survive until Season 3, with memes.

To be fair, the JoJo fanbase is able to sustain itself outside of the manga with memes during the painful wait for Part 5's anime adaptation. I guess a steady stream of MHA memes for a few months won't kill me.

Nightbird

So this is how the fandom is gonna survive until Season 3, with memes.

To be fair, the JoJo fanbase is able to sustain itself outside of the manga with memes during the painful wait for Part 5's anime adaptation. I guess a steady stream of MHA memes for a few months won't kill me.

At this point I am convinced that Season 3 will start airing before we get any news on Part 5 >.>

NSESN

They fudged up the USJ reveal too, I just don't think they can do the sudden horror style transition it required.
No. It isn't nowhere near as bad, the scene last episode actually had an impact despite being less detailed the manga, in USJ they didn't even make the effort.

Jintor

Damn, the anime art doea not do him justice at all😕

maybe it'll get redone in bluerays. first season shiragaki face definitely fucked up. But there's only so much you can do for a colour medium that still needs to be animated.

caliph95

Stain the Hero Killer would be Stain the anti hero

Bakugo won't say die he would say fall

Froppy will make frog puns

Shiggy doesn't disintegrate people just numb them

All might isn't injured but sick and spits saliva not blood

caliph95

So many opportunities for puns

Todoroki will switch between ice and fire puns

Bakugo explosion puns

Iida wil make speed and engine puns

Neoxon

The dub for the Deku/Bakugo vs. All Might fight was released today on FunimationNow, & it actually improved two things about the episode for me.
  • If you recall, when Bakugo & Deku first used their "Blast All Might & get the hell out" strategy, Bakugo was thinking "You're pissing me off! Who'd work...with someone like you...?...Like you!" in the Japanese version, which is a bit weird considering that nobody in Class 1-A has a problem with Deku besides Bakugo. The dub changed this to "I can't believe I'm working with someone like you, someone who shouldn't even be here!", which I feel fits Bakugo's character better. Bakugo may be prideful, but he isn't an idiot. He's likely aware that he's the only one with any beef against Midoriya, & changing the line to reflect that was a smart move on Funimation's part. I also like how they threw in the "someone who shouldn't even be here" part, which also shows off Bakugo's ongoing resentment for Deku forcing Bakugo to share the spotlight as the first two students from their middle school to get into UA.
  • It's a bit of a small thing, but All Might now says in the dub "It's time for you both to die!", in which Bakugo responds "THAT'S MY LINE!!!" after he bounces back from getting Tiger Knee'd on the chin. It's nothing insightful for Bakugo or All Might, but it's just a little thing that I appreciate.

NSESN

The dub for the Deku/Bakugo vs. All Might fight was released today on FunimationNow, & it actually improved two things about the episode for me.
  • If you recall, when Bakugo & Deku first used their "Blast All Might & get the hell out" strategy, Bakugo was thinking "You're pissing me off! Who'd work...with someone like you...?...Like you!" in the Japanese version, which is a bit weird considering that nobody in Class 1-A has a problem with Deku besides Bakugo. The dub changed this to "I can't believe I'm working with someone like you, someone who shouldn't even be here!", which I feel fits Bakugo's character better. Bakugo may be prideful, but he isn't an idiot. He's likely aware that he's the only one with any beef against Midoriya, & changing the line to reflect that was a smart move on Funimation's part. I also like how they threw in the "someone who shouldn't even be here" part, which also shows off Bakugo's ongoing resentment for Deku forcing Bakugo to share the spotlight as the first two students from their middle school to get into UA.
  • It's a bit of a small thing, but All Might now says in the dub "It's time for you both to die!", in which Bakugo responds "THAT'S MY LINE!!!" after he bounces back from getting Tiger Knee'd on the chin. It's nothing insightful for Bakugo or All Might, but it's just a little thing that I appreciate.
I am waiting until the dub ends to catch up with it, but the change seems good.

PK Gaming

Yep, this checks out

The dub's script is as amazing as always

Top Bottom