• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami announces Vic Viper, Simon Belmont, and Pyramid Head for Super Bomberman R

Far from it. Temporarily getting a few of their devs off forced janitor duty to put out some extra content for their little game does not make up for their shit.

Eh I'm enjoying Bomberman a lot, as long as they make good games I'll play them. That's not to say what their management did was tolerable, the companies output is simply redeemed in my eyes thanks to Bomberman.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Far from it. Temporarily getting a few of their devs off forced janitor duty to put out some extra content for their little game does not make up for their shit.

This isn't just extra content. Bomberman is being treated really well after looking like it had just stumbled out of hospital.

They're actually showing love for a thing called videogames again. It's a start.

Seik

Banned
Whaaaaat?!

Bomber Belmont?!?!

Holy shit, that's the closest we got to a Castlevania game in years! :lol

Is it unlocked right off the bat or you have to buy it via the god damn hard to earn game's currency?

FleenerW

kOWsv7y.jpg

Wario as a guest would be a nifty throwback.

radcliff

Simon Belmont just sold me on this game. I was on the fence, but the 60 fps patch and now this pushed me over the edge.

xk0sm0sx

Just a reminder, Konami will be holding a Bomberman R tournament next week in Japan, so yeah it's cool they are giving fucks about it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
HOLY SMOKES! I didn't really expected those three characters become Bomberman-ish. They gotta to add Snake Bomberman, right? Bomberman fans finally get treated very well this generation.

tkscz

Man, this game must've went over all of Konami's expectations. First the patches, now GOOD costume DLC? What next, new levels and game modes?

Fred-87

Lol literally the day after I sold my Bomberman r game they release a patch that fixes my main gripes about the game and announce more dlc. Figures. Made my money back on the sale though, so maybe I'll pick it up again when it's on sale.

nowadays you should know that patches always comes afterwards. Its expected by now unfortuantly.

Those are adorable. I had always planned on picking this up when I got my Switch, but those recent patch notes and these have cemented my purchase.

What is this? Was the game bumped to 60fps?

Yepp.

Ver.1.3 Update Notice
・Four new VS stages have been added to the shop (White Cross, Lagoon, Max Speed, Power Zone).

・Two new series of accessories have been added to the shop (Crowns, Bombs).

・The frame rate of the entire game has been improved. We also made slight adjustments and improved the controls as well.

・Less lags are likelier to happen when every participant in the Online Battle have good network connection.
(If you want to find opponents with good connection, set Other > Basic Settings > Network Settings to the very left.)

・Made it possible to press L/R to change the inclination of he map in the Story Mode. Other > Basing Settings will also allow you to fix the camera position as well.

・You can now choose the strength of the COM on the Multiplayer Battle Mode.

・The strength of the Five Dastardly Bombers on the Story Mode have been adjusted.

・The difficulties of Beginner and Normal have been reduced, making it easier to beat them.

・Adjusted the heights and slopes on some maps to improve the visibility.

・If you continue a certain number of times in the Story Mode, you will be able to continue without paying anymore gems.

・Changed the BP (Battle Point) increase/decrease rate for the League Battle.

・Fixed other various small bugs.

Kebiinu

Banned
I'll download this today. The price put me off, but the support from the developers have got me willing to drop a hefty dollar on this. So why not? Lol.

Berordn

I'll download this today. The price put me off, but the support from the developers have got me willing to drop a hefty dollar on this. So why not? Lol.

If they advertised this additional content in the pipeline from the start I'd have bought it at launch...

How... How did this game go from average to awesome in one day? I still don't think I'd buy right now, but this seems to suggest that I'll have one awesome game waiting when I finally do buy in.

Top Bottom