• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
big ander said:
And it's nice not remembering how to solve the puzzles. Makes it more fun!

It's not easy for me to do such a thing. I can remember almost anything.

(able to build a map from RTCW to farcry just by memory)

Empty

the co-op will probably be v. cool but i'm marveling that we're so close to the first valve focused single player experience in over three years, and one building on the already masterful portal 1 and episode 2. you could say i'm a bit excited.

i've also successfully managed to ignore almost all media about the game so far, which should make it even more special.

EVIL

Now this is how an OP should look, stylish and informative. I can't wait to play the game and see this thread filled up.

I'm preloading now and I hope it gets an early release tomorrow.

Wark

Nice OP! The transition between the two post with the portal was a nice touch.

Next Tuesday is going to be packed full of games for me to pick up. I gotta pick up this, Mortal Kombat, and Final Fantasy IV.

big ander

Rebel Leader said:
It's not easy for me to do such a thing. I can remember almost anything.

(able to build a map from RTCW to farcry just by memory)
Awesome Animals said:
OMFG OMFG OMFG Please come out tomorrow. Release it fucking tomorrow Valve. Just do it.
You two should do what Corto said on the last page and edit the portal images into your posts. Would look awesome.

TheExodu5

Banned
I thought Portal 2 was supposed to get Move support? Not that I'm getting the PS3 version anyways, but that would have been cool.

lazybones18 said:
Good thing my winter semester is basically over in a couple of days, so I can spend some time with this and MK
yeah. i have a lot of time off next week, thank god.

it's going to be one hell of a one two punch.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow I love that portal transition from the first post to the second post. Very cool, good job.

Now for the game. I may or may not be a Day 1er but I am very interested.

Bread

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
I thought Portal 2 was supposed to get Move support? Not that I'm getting the PS3 version anyways, but that would have been cool.
Sadly I think that was a translation error :/

I wish it were true though.

Atomski

TheExodu5 said:

Its getting motion controller support on pc with bonus levels.

mantidor

Damn I have it preordered but I don't have a computer to play it in :( I think I'm going to buy a cheap card to be able to play it.

I've got a break from Wednesday to Sunday next week, so I'm going to force myself to not play it until next Wednesday.

Getting the 360 version.

LQX

Surprised no one has pointed out how nice of touch that portal art is going from one post to the other. Simple but done so well.

not that I'm not already super-mega-hyped for this game, but Move support on the PS3 would've been absolutely awesome. The idea of changing the color of the move ball between orange and blue gets me really excited for some reason.

Plasmid

Great op, co-op transition is hilarious.

My 360 is sent off to Microsoft right now, so i'm waiting on it getting here probably by next friday, i can wait, i have to study for finals anyway.

So hyped, 2nd GOTY for me behind gears 3 <3.

theRizzle

Great OP.

I actually finally finished Portal for the first time a few weeks ago. I had made it all the way to Chamber 18 and just sort of gave up when it first came out. I figured why even keep going, there was only one more chamber anyways so I was pretty much done.

Heh.

I somehow managed to avoid all spoilers (except the song, but that doesn't really spoil anything) until now. Can't wait to get my hands on Portal 2. It is highly unlikely that I will wait years to finish this one as I did the first game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can't wait. First Valve game I've had an almost obsessive interest in since The Orange Box (more specifically, the original Portal and Episode Two).

3lrv0.jpg

Oh, and great job with the OP!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Words can't even describe how ready I am for this. I've basically been on a media lockout for this since the revealing and it provided two awesome effects. 1. I know basically nothing about the story going in 2. The release date has SOOO snuck up on me. :)

Ozone said:
Does anyone know if there is local co-op available on any of the platforms?

I'm pretty sure both the 360 and PS3 support local Spilt-Screen Co-op. Not sure about the PC.

Also I believe the Co-op is a seperate campaign from the Single Player one correct?

TheExodu5 said:

:O

:(

I literally would of bought a PS3 and Move for that. I've had limited experience with Move but from my Wii FPS playing I trust Value could make it godly with the Move tech. Quality Motion Control FPSs (can't really call Portal a FPS but still..) has really spoiled me lately.

Edit: Wonderful OP!

Ri'Orius

I'm sorry to my PC-gamer brethren, but to be honest...

...I really hope the game doesn't come out on Friday. I'd hate to have to spend the entire weekend avoiding the internet, and I have little faith that something as awesome as Portal 2 will be easy to avoid. But I don't think my poor little PC can handle Portal 2 (and even if it could, my PS3 would handle it better).

Nothing personal, you understand. It's just a legitimate conflict of interest, no?

abunai

Well this art is a lot better than the stuff i submitted, amazing OP!

So hyped, possibly only one more day left hgnhgnhgnhg

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Ri'Orius said:
I'm sorry to my PC-gamer brethren, but to be honest...

...I really hope the game doesn't come out on Friday. I'd hate to have to spend the entire weekend avoiding the internet, and I have little faith that something as awesome as Portal 2 will be easy to avoid. But I don't think my poor little PC can handle Portal 2 (and even if it could, my PS3 would handle it better).

I would still stay away from some sites.... I bet some things will be leaked over the weekend anyways

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
theRizzle said:
I actually finally finished Portal for the first time a few weeks ago. I had made it all the way to Chamber 18 and just sort of gave up when it first came out. I figured why even keep going, there was only one more chamber anyways so I was pretty much done.

Heh.

I love this story.

But what I don't understand is how you could stop even though you were repeatedly told there would be cake at the end.

Untracked

Nice OP, ran through Portal 1 last night to refresh the awesomeness.
It still rocks.

Pre-loaded and ready to go, I just hope my PC can run it smoothly.

derFeef said:
Hm? Do you mean pre-orders?

I mean any case in which you bought the game early. I just expected pre-loaders might get first dibs since they already have the whole game downloaded to their hard drive.

I haven't pre-ordered but I would love to just stroll into Steam on Friday and pick it up early.

kamspy

mantidor said:
Damn I have it preordered but I don't have a computer to play it in :( I think I'm going to buy a cheap card to be able to play it.

Define "cheap".

A GTS 450 should be able to manage P2. But really, i'd spring for the extra dough and get a cheap 460. The 450 won't get you very far outside of Valve games.

LProtag

Going to get the PS3 version, so I can have it on PS3 and PC. I'd be really disappointed if the content on that PC version is limited... but I don't really see how it would be, as you're getting the PC/Mac version as well.

I guess I just trust Valve will give the same experience.

Top Bottom