• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Seta Souji. >:|

I'm passing on AC3:Liberation right now to get this. WHY.jpg I don't like it as much as I liked P3/FES and it doesn't hold a candle to P2.

*trophies/achievements*

Oh. :(

It's not like the game is terrible. I just don't really like the yellow/happy-go-lucky tone. Doesn't feel SMT to me.

Does buying day one on PSN give you the themes? Atlus dudes that post here, answer this please? I don't want to be burned by this assumption like I was with Street vs Juggleken. >:|

but its not SMT, its Persona bro hah

"What's the lore behind the steak?"

Chie liked steak in Persona 4, and since then, anything Persona 4 related since Persona 4's release, her love of steak is hyperboiled into an obsession, P4A...pls...

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I started P3P a while ago, but after 3 hours I realized that I won't have the time to finish it before this comes out so I stopped. Anyway, I'll be getting this day one. Never played a persona game before (other than the couple hours of P3P), but the SMT franchise is becoming one of my favorites thanks to the Devil Survivors and Strange Journey.

In honor of this thread, I present you with this.

Getting the super-duper Solid Gold edition, my body is so ready.

Did you ever get around to making more of these?

Oh my god, nice! I'll add that in the community banner. And no, unfortunately haven't had time to make Vita wallpapers, maybe this weekend :)

Omikaru

In celebration of Persona 4: Golden's release, I'm going to try the rainy day beef bowl challenge, for realz. I'll probably pop down my local Chinese takeaway, order a monstrous amount of food, and then stick it into my huge bowl and chow down.

I hear this game is good, gaf. It better be or youll be sorry!!
It's the real 2008 GOTY.

stupei

I placed an order with gamestop.com that CLAIMS it's for Soild Gold, but I'm not sure I believe it. I'll be out of town when the game arrives, so that should be an anxious week of waiting.

I'll probably cave and double dip on the digital. That way my Vita will have all NA available Persona games on it at all times. (You know what you have to do, Atlus USA.)

I started P3P a while ago, but after 3 hours I realized that I won't have the time to finish it before this comes out so I stopped. Anyway, I'll be getting this day one. Never played a persona game before (other than the couple hours of P3P), but the SMT franchise is becoming one of my favorites thanks to the Devil Survivors and Strange Journey.

Do you plan on eventually playing Persona 4 Arena? I suggest going back and finishing that one after Persona 4, as the references in that one are completely direct.

I started P3P a while ago, but after 3 hours I realized that I won't have the time to finish it before this comes out so I stopped. Anyway, I'll be getting this day one. Never played a persona game before (other than the couple hours of P3P), but the SMT franchise is becoming one of my favorites.

I was entirely disillusioned with RPG's this gen until I played P3P (Even though it's a last-gen RPG, technically). It really grabbed me and became my favorite RPG of all time.

LuuKyK

You should really finish P3P before though. Its an amazing game that deserves to be played in its entirety.

Skilletor

I hated Persona 3 Portable. I thought the battle system was okay, if basic. I hated that I couldn't run around, that I was relegated to a blue circle on the screen. I hated that the school day stuff. I couldn't care less about answering questions in class or building social links or whatever.

But so many people think this series is amazing that I feel like I'm missing something.

Should I try this game? Is it much different from P3P?

In celebration of Persona 4: Golden's release, I'm going to try the rainy day beef bowl challenge, for realz. I'll probably pop down my local Chinese takeaway, order a monstrous amount of food, and then stick it into my huge bowl and chow down.
It's the real 2008 GOTY.

When I was in Japan, there was a beefbowl challenge - the thing had 1 pound of rice in it! Godspeed, you badass :) Take pictures!

I hated Persona 3 Portable. I thought the battle system was okay, if basic. I hated that I couldn't run around, that I was relegated to a blue circle on the screen. I hated that the school day stuff. I couldn't care less about answering questions in class or building social links or whatever.

But so many people think this series is amazing that I feel like I'm missing something.

You probably wouldn't like this, I imagine.

Though you DO get to run around, this time.

Yuripaw

Banned
I've beaten this game twice on PS2 already, yet I am still excited to play this on my Vita. I love this game so much! ^_^

Got 2 copies of the Solid Gold edition preordered. 1 to use, and 1 for a collector's item to keep sealed.

yami4ct

If you do not like the S-Link system, which is the major thing that makes persona different and interesting to me at least, you will not like this. There isn't much major changed from a gameplay perspective. You no longer are relegated to a point and click system for town, but gameplay is still fundamentally the same.

Ponn

Banned
No Golden Shower *sigh*

Have my Newegg preorder for $30, don't care about the skin. If they would confirm a digital discount I would pick this up digital. Can't wait till next week, turkey and persona!

LuuKyK

Why would you be missing something? Its an amazing game for many of us, but people have different tastes in games, if you dont like the persona games theres nothing wrong with it really, no need to force yourself to like it.

I was talking about the "Dolan Chie" picture. ;)

Oh that! Yeah, I made a few others but they aren't funny, just strange. I might upload sometime. I've made some weird stuff, I think I watch too much Tim & Eric.

we.are.the.armada said:

No Golden Shower *sigh*

Have my Newegg preorder for $30, don't care about the skin. If they would confirm a digital discount I would pick this up digital. Can't wait till next week, turkey and persona!

Haha, yeah I thought about the low hanging fruit but I went all classy and chose an Alfred Lord Tennyson quote. I wanted to do the in-game calender with a golden shower on 11/20.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is it much different from P3P?

Outside of not condensing towns down like the PSP version of P3 downgraded the PS2 version, no. It's the same gameplay and if you didn't like P3(P)'s you won't like P4(G)'s.

Around the time of P4A's announcement, I was excited and so were some of my friends. I drew this picture, jokingly, I think...because I was kind of drunk. I think I actually tried somewhat to draw Rise semi decently, keep in mind I am a terrible artist either way, and all I have is a mouse and this was made in mspaint...but they seem to get worse and worse. These became an injoke with my friends and I for many months. So, here, I present a drunken recreation of the cast of Persona 4. No, I have no idea what lead me to draw Kanji with a playboy or why he is flexing, no I do not know why Yukiko looks like she was made of play-doh, yes I cleaned this image up a tad so that that it actually looks like something resembling a thing. Your eyes will not recover from witnessing this atrocity, you have been warned. Behold.

http://imageshack.us/a/img405/6453/pasagnaquad.jpg

...I just noticed I totally didn't draw Yosuke, too bad, I would have loved to seen how a drunken me draws Yosuke.

Astra

When I was in Japan, there was a beefbowl challenge - the thing had 1 pound of rice in it! Godspeed, you badass :) Take pictures!

A pound of rice, plus beef? I think that would actually kill me. My old stomach couldn't handle that anymore. Luckily I have a separate stomach for steak.

I've beaten this game twice on PS2 already, yet I am still excited to play this on my Vita. I love this game so much! ^_^

Got 2 copies of the Solid Gold edition preordered. 1 to use, and 1 for a collector's item to keep sealed.

Same here. Went through it three times on PS2. Twice on the highest difficulty (I can't recall what it is for the PS2 version. Very Hard or Expert?). Been a few years since I last played it though, so it should feel somewhat fresh!

Am probably going to do Normal for this one. I just want to play for the story this time.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Around the time of P4A's announcement, I was excited and so were some of my friends. I drew this picture, jokingly, I think...because I was kind of drunk. I think I actually tried somewhat to draw Rise semi decently, keep in mind I am a terrible artist either way, and all I have is a mouse and this was made in mspaint...but they seem to get worse and worse. These became an injoke with my friends and I for many months. So, here, I present a drunken recreation of the cast of Persona 4. No, I have no idea what lead me to draw Kanji with a playboy or why he is flexing, no I do not know why Yukiko looks like she was made of play-doh, yes I cleaned this image up a tad so that that it actually looks like something resembling a thing. Your eyes will not recover from witnessing this atrocity, you have been warned. Behold.

That's Chie who's made of Playdough.

...I just noticed I totally didn't draw Yosuke, too bad, I would have loved to seen how a drunken me draws Yosuke.

Oh damn, that is funny :) Definitely putting this masterpiece in the banner.

My hype factor for this is through the roof! I just beat P3P, my first SMT game, earlier today and goddamn. Goddamn. Common consensus seems to be that P4 > P3, but I have a very hard time imagining something outdoing the game I just played, so I'm really looking forward to putting P4G through its paces.

Fuck me. This is the game i told myself so many months ago that i would get a vita for day one.

But too much has changed since then.

Fuck.

Salsa

Same. This game is the only compelling reason for me to own a Vita personally (let's not make it one of those threads). I'll wind up buying one eventually probably just for this game :(

same boat.

there's other things id like to try but this was always the game to own the system for since announcement for me. Hopefully some of the upcoming stuff also turns out interesting enough to warrant a purchase from me (homebrew and the ability to play older PSP games certainly help)

yami4ct

Goty coming out next week, aww yeah.

I would like that to be the case, but for me at least, the fact that it's a remake of an old game and the new stuff sounds quite lackluster disqualifies it. Still, it's going to be utterly fantastic to play it again.

Bullza2o

I plan to buy this on PSN. I hear it's around 3.3GB, is it true? I really hope I can use my 4GB card on this. This game is like what Animal Crossing would be for my 3DS: a game that shouldn't leave the system.

Top Bottom