• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth Beta PC (dota clone)

blitz64

I have beta keys to give out for Heroes of Newerth, a dota clone.

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/

Please pm if you are interested and post your favorite hero from dota.

Edit: This game has 40 heroes so far. 32 of them are exact copies from dota. Axe, Rhasta, Slayer, Omniknight, Lycan, Tiny, Juggernaut, Pudge, etc. are all in this game.

Every single item found in dota is in this game. The game is for pc, mac, and linux.
If you love dota, you'll most likely love this game.

3780433488_7f4baa34a3_o.jpg

3780458326_aa05a38378_o.jpg

Ri'Orius

Meepo. He's kinda boring 'till you get his ult, but once you've got three or four guys runnin' around he's so much fun. One of the few melee heroes I enjoy playing.

EDIT: Oh snap, this is from the guys who did Savage? Sweet; I remember really enjoying that game back in the day. Never caught on like it should've, IMHO.

mint

Banned
PM sent. My favorite hero is none other than Lanaya, especially if the other team does not have any DOT attacks (veno, qop, viper..kills her refraction). IMO, she is the fastest hero killer bar none.

blitz64

There is a big NDA on this beta so I can't say much about it. The five people who posted above are now in the beta. I still have a couple more beta invites available.

On the main website http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/ is a link to the facebook fansite of the game. If you become a fan on facebook, you'll get into the beta very soon.

Also according to the facebook website, facebook fans of the game will be first to be in the open beta which will also be very soon.

My favorite dota hero is Demon Witch Lion.

TheExodu5

Banned
blitz64 said:
Please pm if you are interested and post in this thread who is your favorite dota hero.

I am interested. However, I'm a Demigod player, not a Dota player. If it's alright, I'll post my favorite Demigod: The Oak.

Wow looks like a lot of DOTA clones are popping up...

And I love the fact that everyone in this thread named a different DOTA character.
Shows a lot about the game; in a good way.

Arozay

Necrolyte, KS cannon and skullfuckery.

Suprised they were able to keep the leaks under control for so long.

rocK`

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Wait, does this have any relation to Savage 2?

I believe the realm is that of Savage/Savage 2 (Newerth) the rest is all DOTA. You'll see things like the Legionaire which will remind you of Savage, but then he'll play exactly like Axe from DOTA ;)

TheExodu5

Banned
Oh wow so it's actually made by the Savage 2 team. Amazing. I hope they incorporate their ridiculously awesome stat and replay persistence into HoN.

Savage 2 is a criminally overlooked title.

Ferrio

Banned
Ya sure. Favorite? That's a hard one...... easier to name which characters I hate... (puck, lina... god lots of ints really)

Hrmmm okay off the top of my head.. Dragon Knight. Hilarious soloing with him and watching your opponents barely chip away at you.

Hitmeneer

Well it's like years ago that I played dota, but I think my 'favorite' hero was Windrunner (??). Atleast everyone used her, because with the lightning orb and high attack speed, it was impossible to get away from her.

Nowadays I play Demigod (also a dota clone) and Unclean Beast rocks.

Ferrio

Banned
Hitmeneer said:
Well it's like years ago that I played dota, but I think my 'favorite' hero was Windrunner (??). Atleast everyone used her, because with the lightning orb and high attack speed, it was impossible to get away from her.

Heh, funny she was just added to Allstars. No lightning attack though.

Mardil

I already am in the HoN beta, it's not just a DotA clone, it IS DotA with better graphics. Seriously, map design, hero abilities, items, EVERYTHING is ripped of from DotA, which might be a good thing considering the source stuff is awesome, but kind of disappointing for those wanting something slightly different.

Hitmeneer

Ferrio said:
Heh, funny she was just added to Allstars. No lightning attack though.

Haha, I coulnd't remember her name, so I checked the dota Allstars site. She is also a ranger and has the same looks, so I guessed it was her. Apparently not (btw, she didn't have a lightning attack, but you could buy a lightning orb in the shop, doing more dmg and slowing your enemy).

blitz64

More beta keys are availble this week. pm me if you want to join. Everyone who was invited to the beta, mostly everyone who posted in this thread, can invite other people as well now.

Facism

blitz64 said:
There is a big NDA on this beta so I can't say much about it. The five people who posted above are now in the beta. I still have a couple more beta invites available.

On the main website http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/ is a link to the facebook fansite of the game. If you become a fan on facebook, you'll get into the beta very soon.

Also according to the facebook website, facebook fans of the game will be first to be in the open beta which will also be very soon.

My favorite dota hero is Demon Witch Lion.

oi bro i sent you a PM when you posted the thread. You asked for pm, not posts :p

blitz64

The nda has been lifted. We can all talk about this game now.

I have been enjoying it greatly, mostly joining newbie games and play with other newbies.

There are tons of people in this beta and I can usually get a game 5v5 going in a minute.

Aaron

Do the games ever run less than an hour? Because I've played three times, and while I've enjoyed it each time, I just can't invest a block of time in gaming anymore. Hopefully, I was just playing the wrong modes, because the gameplay feels ideal for some quick, say 20 min action. As a total noob, I also found the items and how they're setup too confusing.

schild

Teknopathetic said:
It would appear that some beta keys are available here.

The game is pretty well done. I am completely suck ass at it, though.

I'd imagine it's easier to get one of the many people in the thread to just send out an invite than waiting for some administrator to read comments and send one out.

Maybe, maybe. :lol

blitz64

Aaron said:
Do the games ever run less than an hour? As a total noob, I also found the items and how they're setup too confusing.

Nope, most games are 40 minutes. If you only have 20 minutes, this is not the game for you.

Items are very confusing for newbies. I think it is already easier compared to dota because all the recipes are right there for you to click.

Yeah, I also like how when you click on a recipe, you can automatically buy all the items right inside the recipe. I dunno if that was in DOTA, but it's pretty convenient.

Top Bottom