• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Kashiwaba

Obviously depends on what you think is good. Pretty much all Plats are way beyond my skills so I find most of them to be good.

It isn't as meaningful as it was sometime a go but I think it is still pretty meaningful. Like if you are in Plat you are at top10k or something, right?

Pretty much platinum now is what gold used to be 7 or 8 months ago.

Kashiwaba

Plat is the new gold. Diamond is the new "good" rank.

To be fair i think even the low end diamonds are not that great nowadays i think the real deal is 20k+! Lp i even notice that when i get matched against low end diamonds and Ultra diamonds. The lower ones i feel like they are not much better than your usual plat, but the super and ultra ones 95% of the times are way beyond me where i can't even take a round from them.

MCD250

As someone who can't get out of ultra silver on the very best of days, I really wish playing at platinum level came easy for me. I feel like if I could get into gold or super gold I'd probably stop playing ranked at that point and just settle into competing at that level.

mbpm1

As someone who can't get out of ultra silver on the very best of days, I really wish playing at platinum level came easy for me. I feel like if I could get into gold or super gold I'd probably stop playing ranked at that point and just settle into competing at that level.

Believe me, it's nothing special.

It's just refinement and consistency of stuff you can already do

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ed's mix or button holds, close up fighting with a bit of projectile-spice, and rap-infused theme all kinda feel like he's taking some of Cody's SFIV elements with him. With a bit of KoF's Rock and Nelson. It all sounds nice on paper...

It'll be interesting to see how he works out. Kolin's unique mechanics seemed to work out well overall, so it gives me some hope for him.

they need to do some more win poses/taunts, just some other forms of personalization. Make them unlockable once you reach a certain level with characters or something.

It really surprised me there haven't done SOMETHING more to the stagnant into and victory animations by now. I really have no idea why they can't at least have alternate voice lines that are made to match the same actions and mouth flaps.

The fact they've gone back and more personality to some of the stages, as well as all the stage special endings, at least shows they're willing to add some thing free liveries to make things more exciting. I'd be that much more hype for new character announcements, if I knew their arrival meant even old characters would show new personality in how they interact with them, y'know? The thought that an eventual Sakura would basically have no interaction with Karin besides a mini story interaction and non-voiced victory text is a disappointing, for example.

$30 for them old ass costumes? That is 3/4th of the cost of the base game plus character pass 1 & 2 about a week ago. This is absolutely insane

PSN store link for the battle costumes for the OG 16 SFV characters. $30.

That's good for other people but the absolute bastards. Where was this when I bought every costume.

Hmm cheaper than buying them all individually, but still quite a bit.

These costumes must have taken quite some work for them to charge them what Capcom does.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I never feel like Costume collections like this are priced to sell. They're priced to make a profit off the people who buy everything... but to really sell numbers once they go down to 50% off on a flash sale or something.

I wish there was a way to add a certain number to cart for a reduced price. SFV isn't the kind of game where I need ever characters costumes, but I'd surely buy a bundle for the few I and my offline friends play.

TheOGB

Banned
All 16 of em separately are like $60+ or some shit

They really should be like $20 but I already had $20 credit so
tumblr_mnn8kepXzX1sovp7yo1_r1_500.gif

I'm about to spend thirty dollars on some fucking costumes.

God help us all.

"Everyone has a plan until they get TAP'd in the mouth." - Balrog

Fixed that for you.

It's easy, you just have to expect to lose at all times, so you can be surprised whenever you do right things.

I was putzing around with Birdie a few weeks ago, trying him out on an Ultra Gold Akuma. Dude was so great, but man on errant st. mp from me into a combo and he just melted. Felt kinda bad.

mbpm1

It might be worth it if the colors were as awesome as the ones in the 11-15 bunch that just came out.

But not really

Beckx

i mean, this is the company that offered the game + season pass 1 & 2 for $40 a few weeks ago, but season pass 2 is $30 on its own

like SAB says, it's priced for whales and sales

joe2187

Banned
Went ahead and set it to download. I wasn't on the last beta since I don't play on PC so I'm keen to see how it's different from the regular game.

Not hyped to see Cammy's air throw tho.

Im already seeing people getting mad at the Beta not working

but dont even bother to read that the beta doesn't go live until Thursday.

Top Bottom