• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The neoGAF E3 2013 Rumour Tracking List

Amir0x

Banned
It is often said that neoGAF is a den of crazy people who know nothing [Jon Snow], but there's also no doubt of the vibrant class of industry insiders that inhabit this place. I wanted to try to keep a list of all the MAJOR rumours, and then cross them off as E3 goes on to see how accurate this place is as tracking news like this. Now obviously this is a muddy affair, as plenty of the rumours didn't start from here, but as best as possible we'll keep track of the most credible rumours we can source and then see what happens. It's all for fun, but let's try not to just make shit up in this topic. Please help populate the list, but only use things that are actually viable rumours that have gained traction somehow, not just a wishlist of crap.

RUMOURS:

All of the following rumours I've been able to source to a credible neoGAF post or two, a wink and a nudge here, so here's the rub. The list is HIGHLY incomplete, so I need you guys to help fill it out. Will update post with any credible rumours.

Xbox One

● Hawken console exclusive
● League of Legends console exclusive
● Mirror's Edge 2 (various retailer leaks now seem to back this up) console exclusive (said to be coming to PC too)
● Halo 4: II with cross platform play with 360 version
● Respawn Studio's game, "Titan", exclusive (Confirmed, mostly, coming to PC and 360 too: Link)
● Insomniac new IP exclusive
● Dead Rising III exclusive
● Killer Instinct
● GPU clocks downgraded; 8-900 gigaflops now (MS confirmed to be having eSRAM yield issues, but no word as yet on the clocks)
● Microsoft throwing money around like crazy so that no third party multiplatform games are shown at E3, even if that multiplatform game exists. (Link)

PS4

● Final Fantasy Versus XIII changes into Final Fantasy XV, exclusive
● Planetside II console exclusive (Confirmed: Link)
● PS+ = Early access to Sony Pictures films, free PS1/PS2 games over Gakai
● Kingdom Hearts 2.5 for PS4? Due in 2014
● Demon Soul's 2 in development (not sure if this or KH will be at E3, but just in case)
● Last Guardian moved to PS4
● Getting two IPs from SEGA; Sony let Sonic go for "another project of some significance."

One source for some of this info

Wii U

● Star Tropics by Retro Studios
● Mario Kart Wii U (literally a souped up Mario Kart 7)
● Zelda U MAY have some concept art, but game is too far away for much to be shown at the moment
● Super Mario U (biggest Mario yet, the guy gave the title 'Super Mario Retroverse U', to tell us a name for the game they were considering to give us an idea where they're going with it, but that WON'T be the final name. You may see Wart)

Since all the Wii U rumours so far seem to come from this one source, if one of them are wrong, they're all likely to be.

Now I just started collecting rumours so the list is woefully incomplete, but if you guys have been out and about neoGAF, tell me what rumours I need to add into the mix here.

Rumors not myths.

but yeah there is one

image.php

What would the rumour be? Last Guardian moved to PS4?

It showed up on the E3 site I believe, said it was for PS3 but I didn't really stick around in the thread so I'm just throwing it out there.

I guess the rumor would be that its being announced for PS3 at E3...again.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If you want to include Verendus' rumor, there's one about a KH game coming to PS4.

Exentryk

A Final Fantasy remake for Wii U or 3DS? Possibly FFVI? It was mentioned by that "100 Year old gamer" on IGN forums. Not sure if credible though.

Drago

This was posted in the Sony E3 thread:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=58658473

To give you an idea of some ideas for PS Plus (not going to be revealed at E3):

- Early access to Sony Pictures releases. They want to try and build events around these. Once the movie is done with it's theatrical run, and due to be released on home video for example, allowing PS Plus customers an exclusive chance to watch it for a limited time. I know, not a big deal to some, but again represents a little extra value. This will be aimed worldwide so this means Europe, US etc. Not just one region.

- Potentially giving PS Plus customers access to lots of PS1/PS2 games free with Gaikai. Some PS3 games will be charged still. Various discounts related to backwards compatibility also.

Holy shit yes PLEASE

Honestly, YES to that entire rumor

All of the following rumours I've been able to source to a credible neoGAF post or two, a wink and a nude here, so here's the rub. The list is HIGHLY incomplete, so I need you guys to help fill it out. Will update post with any credible rumours.

Interesting.

HooYaH

If Killer Instinct is true, I just don't think MS will envision it as a fighting game. Maybe it'll be a third person action game similar to Ninja Gaiden for the original Xbox.

Jesus Microsoft got out the check book if even half those exclusive rumors are true.

They sure as hell weren't spending that whole $1 Billion on internal development. Mirror's Edge 2 & LoL as "console exclusives" sound like the most likely scenarios - since both likely wouldn't happen without a push specifically from Microsoft. It's the Bayonetta 2/Wii U scenario.

sn00zer

How and/or why would you do LoL on consoles?
EDIT: Okay why makes sense because there are a billion people playing it, but man...way too much clicking to work on a console

● League of Legends console exclusive

God I hope this is false. I want to avoid having to buy a XBone for as long as possible.

Would they do something like Smite where it's third person? Would they make it an actual adventure game where you play as the different champions and follow the stories detailed in their lore? Ugh.

Amir0x

Banned
For Halo, there is both "Bootcamp" and "Spartan Assault". Hard to say if they are two different things or not, but we may find out about one of them before e3.

jbug617

Banned
Amirox I remember the Verge ran rumor of Xbox One launch games and it included a Kinect game set on a island and a Zombie game. People are speculating that Dead Rising 3 might be the zombie game.

Top Bottom