• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] German retailer leaks Diablo 3 exclusive for PS3

Jtrizzy

Good news for Sony if true. I hope it's cross platform, I'd love to play with by ps3 bros over battlenet. Also bring SC2 while your at it.

DieH@rd

Banned
This was kinda expected, Sony is more open to 3rd party gaming online infrastructures [Steam, CCP's F2P shooter].

Plus, PS3 supports keyb/mouse [although i doubt D3 will use them].

If this is true I bet it's entirely because of the auction house/always online drm. Way too late in the cycle to pay for third party exclusives.

Jb

Strange because what I heard is that Diablo III would be announced today as a X360 exclusive...

It would make more sense, considering how close Activision-Blizzard has been to Microsoft this gen. At the same time I don't know how they would have Battle.net working on there.

If this is true and I can link my CE Battle.net account to it for cross-platform play then holy crap, I might finally be able to play this game and not at 8 FPS. :)

Jay Sosa

Huh?

So one of the most successful games this years is gonna be released on a console. Shocking!

At most it's a timed exclusive*. I doubt even that.

*regarding consoles

Cyntec

That's big.
I can't find the mention of exclusivity on that page, though (but I quickly browsed through the text, and my German is rusty)

The distributor only mentions PS3 (in other words: exklusive), no word on a 360-version yet. And since PS3 actually supports mouse and keyboard this would make much sense.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Yep, this game was made for a couch. Sitting at a computer and clicking away sucks, chilling on a couch while GF reads would be muuuuuuch better.

Aaron

The distributor only mentions a PS3 so far, no word on a 360-version yet. And since PS3 actually supports mouse and keyboard this would make much sense.
No it doesn't. Blizzard isn't going to release a game which would require non-standard peripherals. If it comes to console, it'll work with a controller, and probably only a controller.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Diablo 3 with it's AH system and mouse and keyboard integration makes sense for PS3.
Microsoft has always been real stingy about allowing anything of the sort on XBL.

Still, I can't imagine Microsoft denying Blizzard like that.

The distributor only mentions a PS3 so far, no word on a 360-version yet. And since PS3 actually supports mouse and keyboard this would make much sense.

If Blizzard ports Diablo 3 to consoles, they aren't going to make you plug a mouse and keyboard into your PS3.

Toki767

Heard about this a couple days ago but I just expected it to be fake. Imagine this on the PS3 and Vita though. That would be amazing. Not getting my hopes up though.

Top Bottom