• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In a gif, scariest scenes in horror films (spoilers)

gamz

tenor.gif

Every post you make cracks me up because your pug avatar is so perfect for this thread. Lol

LycanXIII

m4husq2fsm1.gif

Signs

I didn't even like the movie but that scene almost gave me a heart attack.

I haven't seen the full movie, but I've seen this gif numerous times, and only recently did I notice that the alien was watching the camera man at first and not just walking by.

Steejee

m4husq2fsm1.gif

Signs

That one made me jump when I saw it. Great build up to that scene.

Most of the rest of these (any where you have the 'slowly approaches camera or jumps forward with loud noise) I find more annoying than scary.

Prince of Darkness

uWivqhp.gif

I think i was 12 when I saw this but it gave me nightmares. I had a couple sleep paralysis/false waking incidents based on this.

Jmille99

The scene in the Grudge where she ventures into the attic. Believe its the first time you see her.

giphy.gif

And then from Childs Play, a movie I shouldnt have watched so young.

200w.gif

SomTervo

is there a meat locker gif from The Road floating around? you know the scene im talking about

Genuinely one of the only movie scenes to leave me shook for days

It's way worse than in the book

Although the book has some worse stuff in it

shaneo632

Sadly couldn't find a proper GIF but the end of the Dutch version of The Vanishing is fucking CHILLING. I believe Kubrick thought it was the scariest movie he'd ever seen
Vanishing_88-youllexperience_0.gif

JoeLT

This scene from the recent Blair Witch where you first see the witch peeking behind a tree then ducking behind it outside the house in the woods. That really stuck with me yet I can't find a single photo or gif of it.

m4husq2fsm1.gif

Signs

This scene really did it for me from this movie, so much nope.
2c337a6648eb17f6605b3274f3587ead5f766406_hq.gif

SomTervo

The scene in the Grudge where she ventures into the attic. Believe its the first time you see her.

giphy.gif

And then from Childs Play, a movie I shouldnt have watched so young.

200w.gif

The Japanese grudge should definitely be up there on the list

I love the "lunch with a friend" scene.

"Oh thank god creepy stuff is over, they're going to lunch, it's daytime, i can relax OH SHIT FUCK"

tumblr_mb9a82NcJJ1qgcra2o1_500.gif

The Ring. That movie does bad things to me.

It's the weird corpses that always got me fucking terribly

It's great, just avoid the two sequels. The American remake of The Grudge is good too.

I'm not too sure about the rest of the movie, but this effect from The Fly 2 is really awesome:

84N3t1y.gif

The American remake of the grudge is utterly heinous

The American Ring is brilliant though. An actual horror vs the original's thriller vibe

RS4-

Lol I don't remember that scene from Silent Hill.

And for years I've been meaning to see xtro because of the gifs but I never do.

Top Bottom