• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 HD DVD Player commercial

lachesis

I like it. I think I might dulge into this until they come out with really nice HD-DVD player and Blu-Ray players.

GhaleonEB

I "got it" after the six guys were dancing for ten seconds. Shorter, snappier would have been better. But still not bad.

teepo

why do i have a feeling people are going to think the hddvd drive is a smaller and slimmer version of the 360 because of this advertisement?

Smokey

Yeah it could've been made shorter, but that was still a pretty good commercial.

It def. catches your eye, and that was a pretty cool pic of the system at the end w/ the HD-DVD player.

Owzers

I like the commercial and I'm pretty interested in the HD-DVD add-on but....I think my 360 is too loud to have on while watching a movie to really enjoy it.

PhatSaqs

Banned
sillymonkey321 said:
I like the commercial and I'm pretty interested in the HD-DVD add-on but....I think my 360 is too loud to have on while watching a movie to really enjoy it.
Do you watch movies with the volume turned down?

sillymonkey321 said:

My 360 doesn't make hardly any noise at all unless it's spinning a game DVD.

bill0527

Lo-Volt said:
That's probably the universal remote control, as opposed to the launch 360 chibi unit.

Yeah that's the same universal remote they've been selling over the last year.

I picked up one of those at launch. Nothing really all that universal about it though. It'll only control your TV and Xbox 360 - no support for any stereo receiver.

Oh... and its not that big. Its maybe 1 inch longer than the Sony remote for my A/V receiver.

As for the commercial, I think its great. Makes the point in a very visual style. Its kind of hard to do a commercial advertising HD-DVD or Blu-Ray since most people will not be able to see their native resolutions on their TV.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
ypo said:
Is Microsoft saying something about DVD?
:lol :lol :lol excellent point.

Ontopic: commercial does nothing for me but I can see why it would work for the majority. Not as great as the Jump In campaign though.

Captain N

I want my new icon to be of the face on the HD DvD guys face as he looks at the DvD guy. When he first comes out.

Rody

Captain N said:
I want my new icon to be of the face on the HD DvD guys face as he looks at the DvD guy. When he first comes out.

Your avatar is a major ****ing spoiler, did you know that?

Rody

Captain N said:
settle down..they've got a pill for what you've got.

Seriously, you should change it, you know?
You have already ruined it for me, but you can avoid ruining it for others.

Ponn

Banned
Rody said:
Seriously, you should change it, you know?
You have already ruined it for me, but you can avoid ruining it for others.

ZOMG! SoTC has Colossi!

:lol

Seriously, you are overreacting.

Top Bottom