• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Kioshen

Like when Kio sieged almost all game on her...

Like when I picked a talent to force root and stuns on me so that I take less damage and waste their cooldown so that we could take them apart sure. I also wasn't always in siege mode but that's drunk milly for you I guess.

Alur

All I know is we lost and we almost always do when someone goes Hammer because it's Hammer. That's the only stat that really matters anyway right?

Kioshen

All I know is we lost and we almost always do when someone goes Hammer because it's Hammer. That's the only stat that really matters anyway right?

Survivor bias. Also Auto-Select QM shenanigans on Braxxis where it's mostly won or loss at the heroes draft screen which is non-existent for obvious reasons.

Alur

Survivor bias. Also Auto-Select QM shenanigans on Braxxis where it's mostly won or loss at the heroes draft screen which is non-existent for obvious reasons.

Truth, actually. Hammer sucks in QM for us. Whether it's one of us or a random. Agreed on Braxxis.

I like how you grew more confident and it shows in taking less and less shit from them.

He's always been snarky. I don't think it's confidence, just comfort. I think he just didn't know how to take Milly's BM to begin with.

Kioshen

I like how you grew more confident and it shows in taking less and less shit from them.

He's always been snarky. I don't think it's confidence, just comfort. I think he just didn't know how to take Milly's BM to begin with.

Talking a lot over voice tends to break down barriers and help in learning who that person really is. I honestly just didn't know how to handle Milly for a good while. The line in the sand was blurry at best.

Alur

Haha, the line is definitely blurry with Milly when it comes to whether he genuinely dislikes you or is just joking. Several years in they still sound and feel pretty similar.

Jeff Cannata sounds like Milly's buddy scrub.

Also was there no THH this week?

I think most of us are actually NA players, just not everyone who plays posts often. We typically have a group going most evenings in some form or fashion for a while with people coming in and out.

Good to know. Thanks for the reply.

I'm regards to Dehaka, I also read through that post. I finally felt like I was playing him really well finally and then they did this update. I'll probably give him a break to try some of the other heroes again. I'll miss you my essence hunting monster.

Alur

He doesn't like hots? I wonder why

I think it's more he feels Blizzard failed to make it into something viable esports wise and last I saw (after the 2.0 announcement) he felt they were still failing to bolster it.

I guess it's a valid point, but my counter would be HGC is pretty awesome and the game has gotten significantly better from when he was around for just the casual players like us. Maybe it was just never gonna be a big esport to begin with. Maybe it could've been. But game wise the improvement has been leaps and bounds.

kirblar

Colby had a fulltime big boy job that paid significantly more and the HOTS esports stuff wouldn't have paid him enough to stick with it.

Which is a shame, cause he was better than Jake on the mic.

So Butcher is basically wait for late game, farm stack and make everyone sashimi after the quest is done?

That's how I play him. Once your axe glows hot it's time to murder everyone.

I actually played Butcher last night with two friends (Valeera and Diablo) and it was pretty hilarious. So much meat.

Alur

So Butcher is basically wait for late game, farm stack and make everyone sashimi after the quest is done?

Butcher is like an edging simulator. You want that sweet release fresh meat but 80% of the time you hit your E button it's a bad, bad fucking idea. So you gotta learn to cancel that baby again and again until you've got your stacks and the mood is just right, then you go HAM.

Milly has an insane winrate with Butcher (~65% with a lot of games played IIRC) but I remain mystified how the hero has almost a 53% winrate in HL when nearly every other Butcher we encounter is just feeding left and right.

Kioshen

It's basically that. It's even better with Abattoir now because after the quest is complete, every time you kill a hero you keep hitting harder and harder.

how long before the competitive scene gets the dva patch. need to see how she is there.

my top 2 pick is lunara and dva. i'm gonna lvl up zarya. and then start playing all the heroes i have to lvl 5 to see how they are.

kirblar

Butcher is like an edging simulator. You want that sweet release fresh meat but 80% of the time you hit your E button it's a bad, bad fucking idea. So you gotta learn to cancel that baby again and again until you've got your stacks and the mood is just right, then you go HAM.

Milly has an insane winrate with Butcher (~65% with a lot of games played IIRC) but I remain mystified how the hero has almost a 53% winrate in HL when nearly every other Butcher we encounter is just feeding left and right.
HI probably goes to L20 more than TL.

The downside about choosing a support now in QM leads to be paired to an enemy team with a support.

It's basically that. It's even better with Abattoir now because after the quest is complete, every time you kill a hero you keep hitting harder and harder.

Dude is insane after the quest and yes, his E will let him feed a lot , thank god for the system count assists as kills and murky is a fast delivery meat on butcher eyes

Milly79

I used to almost main all melee assassins there for a bit and I think I had them all above 50% WR with at least 30+ GP, except for Zera/Alarak of course.

Now, I hardly see a point to them when you can play a bruiser, do about the same damage and live a lot longer.

Prelude.

Holy shit, Blizzard. You get kicked for being afk in between brawl rounds and when you start the next you can't even select the hero.

brian!

Team 2 had the better teamfight, a buttload of globals, good waveclear, and dece objective delay but there is always a chance for clowne towne

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Weekly Collection Update: May 23 – 30, 2017
Next week's Collection Update will take begin on Tuesday, May 16! Check out the new list of featured items and Hero discounts below:

Upcoming Hero Sales
Abathur — Sale Price: 375 Gems
Nazeebo — Sale Price: 250 Gems

son of a bitch

Vikings and Abathur?

Huh

Nazeebo not Vikings

Artist's rendition of me playing Alarak for the first time

b7e.jpg
somehow still won, got carried hard

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol sorry. I was referring to a HGC match

oh, in that case im sorry. It was bad timing I guess.

I played zero matched today. Guess im done with the game /s

slept for 13 hours lol. the perils of working graveyard shift, sometimes you just completely crash for a whole day like that :/

Ketch

Yea. Bstep ain't looking nearly as good in game 2

The falstad pick really doesn't make sense to me. They needed engage not disengage. Leoric for entomb would have been so much better

Gross. Not even close.

b.bu..but they had a boot camp guys!

for some reason I think they still win against TF down 1-2. I'll no doubt be proven wrong

edit: yep I was wrong. Bstep... my goodness

Top Bottom