• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S3 |OT| It was me, Barry.

Killer Frost converted her mind to sentient water vapor and entered Caitlin after Zoom killed her. She remained dormant until Caitlin started developing powers, when she had an outlet to take control.

Caitlin will be healed by Cisco Vibe-ing the Earth-2 particles out of her.

Boom. I just did more to explain this than the series has, even if my version is super dumb and silver agey.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
A lot of the cape shows are wrapping up for the season. Amell is done on Arrow and Candice is all done on The Flash.

https://twitter.com/candicekp/status/855559286709043201

C9-OoXUVYAA3naB.jpg

Barry's slow ass better save this woman or I'll riot. I swear.

Almost caught up. The musical episode was a television abomination. The single worst thing I've seen on TV in, say, five years. There wasn't a single authentic note, cheesy as hell lyrics, and it looked like they actually sped up the tap dancing scene or dubbed it strangely.

Moving back to Savitar...don't fail me now.

Joni

Sadly thats not a high bar.

Arrow S5, Legends S2, Injustice 2 and a lot of great stuff coming out of Rebirth so I'm calling bullshiiiiiiit

And the amazing iZombie, and maybe even if we personally don't think so, Lucifer and Gotham. People also seemed to like Justice League Dark and Teen Titans: The Judas Contract but I'm not able to judge how good they are. And certainly The Lego Batman Movie. DC seems to be delivering a lot of great stuff.

Xenoboy

S2 gets too much flak, with all the focus being in the dissatisfying Zoom reveal, I feel.
We still had a bunch of awesome moments and episodes and I'd put that season on particular with S1, if it weren't for some Questionable Zoom stuff.

DeathyBoy

Banned
They should just say that Caitlin is projecting her powers as her darkness, and the only reason she becomes totally diferent is because her darkness is so strong.

Or just say she's got mad PTSD after one boyfriend saved the world and died and the other was evil and died.

Joni

S2 gets too much flak, with all the focus being in the dissatisfying Zoom reveal, I feel.
We still had a bunch of awesome moments and episodes and I'd put that season on particular with S1, if it weren't for some Questionable Zoom stuff.

Zoom is basically a repeat of the Thawne reveal, but making Barry look dumb because he falls for it a second time and only working by lying to the audience. It also told us a lot of stuff instead of showing it and gave us a bad villain delivery system. The highs were high, but the lows were low and frequent.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The Zoom reveal was bad. But then they also stretched out that Man in the Iron Mask mystery for too long. None of these DC shows do mysteries very well, honestly. Reverse Flash in Season 1 worked because we already knew Harrison Wells wasn't what he appeared. The big question was what that was. Then you get to drop both reveals on the characters. This Who is Zoom? and Who is Savitar? nonsense is just tired. There isn't an investigation into who they are, just wheel spinning until the last episodes when the villain decides to take off their mask.

Magwik

Banned
The Zoom reveal was bad. But then they also stretched out that Man in the Iron Mask mystery for too long. None of these DC shows do mysteries very well, honestly. Reverse Flash in Season 1 worked because we already knew Harrison Wells wasn't what he appeared. The big question was what that was. Then you get to drop both reveals on the characters. This Who is Zoom? and Who is Savitar? nonsense is just tired. There isn't an investigation into who they are, just wheel spinning until the last episodes when the villain decides to take off their mask.
Both Flash S2 and S3 have dragged things out extraordinarily long. S1 reveal was e9 for example. Here we are going on e18(?) with not even a hint. Zoom was like e14 or something. Meanwhile Arrow S1+2 reveals were e9, S3 didn't even have a reveal but a climax, S4 was a different approach from the start, and S5 dropped it randomly in an episode while starting the season off with a mini arc thus not putting pressure on the mystery. They tried the same with Flash this season but played up the same old bullshit with Alchemy.

Joni

Eobard worked on the misdirect: who would have guessed the guy helping the Flash was also the guy trying to kill him, despite knowing there was something wrong he still looked like he was going to help Barry and then they showed them together in the same room. You could compare it to Arrow S5
where we knew Adrian Chase was hiding something and meanwhile we were guessing about who Prometheus could be
or Supergirl S1 where we are looking at the 'Hank Henshaw is Cyborg Superman' reveal and then bam, he is actually Green Martian. These misdirect give us just enough information to be suspicious but not enough to have it confirmed. It is only when the reveal happens that we go daaamn. Zoom didn't give me that. Zoom made me think 'Uh, that doesn't make sense. Like why didn't Wells say anything about Teddy not looking like Jay.'

caliph95

It's worst when Zoom was supposed a famous serial killer in a world where they weren't common even knowing his entire history but didn't even suspect it. Also Caitlin never mentioning he told her he has a counterpart called Hunter Zolomon because that wasn't relevant. The Time remnant stuff didn't help.

I was hoping Savitar's identity wouldn't matter and he was just a guy but alas

Xenoboy

Yeah, they shouldn't have made Hunter a famous serial killer, it makes no sense for Harry and Jessie to now recognize him if E2 didn't have many of tho se to begin with. I don't mind them using Hunter, but they should have taken another angle, just have him be obsessed over being so powerful and becoming more by drugging himself up or something.

With the direction they went, they should have at least played up how his parents died really affected him.

And yes, the Vigilante misdirect was awesome.

Zoom was awesome pre reveal. Barry getting his ass kicked always fun. Savatar sucks, but him kicking Barry's ass always fun.

Zoom got pretty great near the end of the season, too, once they got a handle on his personal brand of crazy. But there was a definitely a dead zone immediately post-reveal. Prometheus leveled up post-reveal without missing a beat.

Zoom got pretty great near the end of the season, too, once they got a handle on his personal brand of crazy. But there was a definitely a dead zone immediately post-reveal. Prometheus leveled up post-reveal without missing a beat.

Yeah Zoom's reveal took a lot of wind out of the character and the speed mirage explanation fell flat.

Prometheus's reveal and Chase out in the open made him more scary. Really well done.

ZeroX03

Banned
TONIGHT! Savitar's identity will yet again go unrevealed on an all new Flash!

#3.19 "The Once and Future Flash"
Episode Promo
TOM CAVANAGH DIRECTS; BARRY TRAVELS TO THE FUTURE TO SAVE IRIS - Barry (Grant Gustin) travels to the future to find out Savitar's still unknown identity in the hopes of saving Iris (Candice Patton). Upon his arrival in 2024, Barry encounters future versions of his Team Flash friends, who, following the death of Iris, have become very different people, profoundly impacted by their showdown with Savitar. It will be up to Barry to infuse a sense of hope back into the team, as he proves to be hero his future friends have been waiting for. I can't really add anything funny here. Barry's definitely going to screw things up, just by traveling to the future he's already doing that. Fuck you, Barry. Meanwhile, back in 2017, the hunt for Killer Frost (Danielle Panabaker) continues. Tom Cavanagh directed the episode written by Carina Adly MacKenzie (#319).
fla319a_bts_0207b.jpg

Top Bottom