• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 10 |OT| Lets make it to 2 pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

natjjohn

NFL-2017-Schedule-Regular-Season-Week-13.jpg

The day is finally here. See a lot of potentially lopsided games on the board today.

Can the Browns get a win today? No

Joei

NFL-2017-Schedule-Regular-Season-Week-13.jpg

The day is finally here. See a lot of potentially lopsided games on the board today.

Can the Browns get a win today? No

Browns D was actually good this year, but the injuries to Ogbah and Collins are going to catch up to them. I think Gordon is going to have a good game getting what he wants on the ground and they're just not going to be able pressure Rivers enough. I'm interested to see not only how Josh Gordon plays, but affects the other receivers. I also hope Kizer continues to play better, and really think he has been over the past few games, but I just don't think they're going to stick with him long-term.

manfestival

you can see the bucs potential in every play with every possibility which makes me feel like the coaching is straight garbo and cant exploit whats there

natjjohn

Kamara getting concussed totally changed the game. Saints looked like they were ready to rolll with ease until he got hurt that first Drive no less

James crossed the plane. They would have won against any team not called the Patriots.

If he was a running back crossing the plane would be enough. Unfortunately for the Steelers he was a pass catcher who reached for the goal line and lost control. They made the right call and James made a bad play. It’s a bad rule, but you still have to enforce it.

SwitchedOff

Banned
If he was a running back crossing the plane would be enough. Unfortunately for the Steelers he was a pass catcher who reached for the goal line and lost control. They made the right call and James made a bad play. It’s a bad rule, but you still have to enforce it.

Why is it a bad rule? You have to complete all catches. He never did.

Why is it a bad rule? You have to complete all catches. He never did.

When it's too confusing for most fans to understand, then it's a bad rule. You see people everywhere screaming "he broke the plane!", yet he was not a runner in that situation and it doesn't matter. I just don't like the rule, but it was the right call.

lucius

Gruden 10 years 100 million rumor contract for Raiders can’t be true, only coach worth that is maybe Belichick, I liked him for the Giants but at that price no thanks. NFL coaching matters more than any other sport but come on son, interesting tv personality out of coaching too long imo.

Bolivar687

Banned
Gruden 10 years 100 million rumor contract for Raiders cant be true, only coach worth that is maybe Belichick, I liked him for the Giants but at that price no thanks. NFL coaching matters more than any other sport but come on son, interesting tv personality out of coaching too long imo.

I heard he's also getting ownership but the odds of other owners approving it are slim.

The Belichick story is some crazy shit. It really looks like he's raiding the organization before he leaves, sending his backup QBs to mutual friends for next to nothing and this is apparently the first time he's personally grooming his coordinators for HC positions.

It would be unbelievable if he came back to the Giants but they would likely have to trade or get penalized with their second overall pick to do it and I just don't see that happening. I can dream though....

Last edited:
I heard he's also getting ownership but the odds of other owners approving it are slim.

The Belichick story is some crazy ****. It really looks like he's raiding the organization before he leaves, sending his backup QBs to mutual friends for next to nothing and this is apparently the first time he's personally grooming his coordinators for HC positions.

It would be unbelievable if he came back to the Giants but they would likely have to trade or get penalized with their second overall pick to do it and I just don't see that happening. I can dream though....

Dude is going to ANOTHER Super Bowl.

Winning fixes everything.

Bolivar687

Banned
Yeah any hope of that was definitely born out of psychological trauma from how rough this season has been for NYG.

Any friction they had is likely healed just by making it to the big game.

BigAT

What happened to all the posters here? Is this some practical joke to await me returning my ban?

Good one guys, let's knock it off though and start talking football again!

Droxcy

Hopefully it's not a complete boring match up, also we don't know who's doing the half time show? I'm just looking forward to pizza, beer & wings!

NickFire

Can this thread get the title changed too? Preseason is around the corner? As a Pats fan, not gonna lie. I'm not feeling as confident as I used to. Trading the heir apparent at quaterback, and benching a starting corner in the superbowl (and never changing back even when the replacement absolutely sucked), has me worried a collapse is coming soon.

dionysus

Yaldog
Preseason is here and this thread is dead. I've been so busy at work I haven't been following my saints as much as I did last year.

Saints 2018 Key Subtractions:

Safety Kenny Vacarro - Doubt he will be missed much. He was a strong contributor with high numbers back when our LBers were a weak spot on the defense. He is talented when playing a LB/Safety hybrid close to the box. Bad in space, deep, and as a true safety. Now that we can field 3 competent LB starters and have depth behind them he has lost his roll on this team.

Guard/End Senio Kelemente - In my mind the most hurtful loss. He was a good starter quality guard and passable backup end, as our versatile O-line backup. The thing is, he is good enough to be a starter on almost any o-line and he wanted starter money. Texans are going to love him. Saints offense has always been built on protecting Drew Brees and a versatile (both pound it down their throats and scat back style) running game. They have also always prioritized the line. Starter linemen get injured on the regular, so being able to plug in Kelemente and suffer almost no drop off is going to be missed.

Tight End Coby Fleener - Disappointing 2017 season and mediocre overall Saints numbers, though never truly bad. Given Drew Brees' history with tight ends (Graham and Ben Watson), we feel he should be able to get above average performance out of any tight end. Hasn't happened with Fleener or any of the other tight ends. Saints have not replaced him with anyone that gives much hope.

Slot Receiver Willie Snead - I cannot explain his poor 2017 performance, and this position was always seen as the go to third down option for tough receiving yards. Saints had a terrible year in third down conversions and this is one of the reasons why.

Saints 2018 Key Additions:

Tight End Ben Watson: Had a stellar 2015 season with the Saints and then went and to the Ravens and missed an entire year due to injury. He is 37 years old. No one expects a return to 2015 form and TE in general looks to be a position of ongoing weakness.

Receiver Cameron Meredith: Injury plagued but with great measurables. Saints are betting on potential here hoping to hit a home run on the cheap. If 2017 luck holds, maybe they will.

The Rookies: DE Davison, Receiver Smith, etc. - Saints roster has much more depth and higher quality starters, largely due to the 2016 and 2017 draft classes. 2017 draft class has got to be one of the best draft classes of all time. Other than Davison and maybe Smith, there is not much expectation that the Saints rookies will see the field.

Saints Overall:
There is no reason to believe there is going to be a decline from last year. The turnaround on defense was led by rookies and sophmores, so continued improvement from them should be expected. Brees looked a little weak on the long ball last year but excellent otherwise. The offense hasn't added anyone to it that you would expect to bring it to new heights. We need incremental improvements from the WRs and tight ends I think just to maintain the offense's performance.

What needs to happen for the Saints to get to the superbowl:
  1. Key D-line personel like Onyemata and Rankins need to continue to improve, giving Cam Jordan some help in rushing the passer. Okafor needs to return to 2017 form after his injury.
  2. LB and Secondary look awesome as a unit, but it depends a lot on individual play. Avoid injuries. I am not sure I trust the Saints scheme without pro bowl players in it. Key personnel are S Marcus Williams, LB Alex Anzalone, and C Lattimore. If they stay healthy, we have a good to great defense next year.
  3. Sean Payton needs to figure out how to get third downs without a dominant TE or a reliable slot receiver. This was a huge weak point for the Saints last year. Yes, the offense still put up big numbers last year but it was bailed out by splash plays from the likes of RB Kamara. So many 3 and outs keeping teams in the game. I fully expect Kamara to have a less productive season as defensive coordinators game plan around containing him.

Last edited:

natjjohn

Not a fan, but love the saints this year. Think legitimate super bowl contenders. Additionally, if not for the fluke Diggs play, they may have been the ones hoisting the Lombardi last year.

natjjohn

Place is dead... So why not post a link to my fantasy football league?

12 team head to head league with 7 slots left.

Plays From Scrimmage

Fantasy football with randoms and seemingly no money involved. Can’t say that will spark a lot of interest.

Real take:

Tyreek Hill got an insane amount of targets today and even in the past games seems to have a real connection with Mahomes. Chiefs D getting destroyed by the second string of the Bears isn’t a good sign though.

Kacho

Gold Member
Hey I’ll talk football with you all. I haven’t visited GAF much since the splintering but I’ve had my fill of ERA I think. Shame this place is still so dead and this NFL thread is a travesty. I’ll do what I can to inject some life here.

Go skins btw

natjjohn

Hey I’ll talk football with you all. I haven’t visited GAF much since the splintering but I’ve had my fill of ERA I think. Shame this place is still so dead and this NFL thread is a travesty. I’ll do what I can to inject some life here.

Go skins btw

Washington Franchise!

Agree it is a travesty. Was thinking of starting a regular season thread here soon to try to kick off some more conversation.

Last edited:

TwiztidElf

I’ve had my fill of ERA I think. Shame this place is still so dead and this NFL thread is a travesty. I’ll do what I can to inject some life here.
Thinking people can't stay there forever. It's ok.
It's a shame that people will put up with the crap over there in order to keep in touch with the topic communities they like. There'll be a slow drip feed back as people get fed up.
I've always enjoyed the NFL threads over the years (as an Australian NFL fan), so it's tempting to go over there, but nope.
I too will try to contribute more to the NFL community here.

Kacho

Gold Member
Thinking people can't stay there forever. It's ok.
It's a shame that people will put up with the crap over there in order to keep in touch with the topic communities they like. There'll be a slow drip feed back as people get fed up.
I've always enjoyed the NFL threads over the years (as an Australian NFL fan), so it's tempting to go over there, but nope.
I too will try to contribute more to the NFL community here.

Yeah it’s too consistently weird over there for me to bother. I hope some people slowly make their way back here in time.

Saw that RG3 made the roster in Baltimore. Kinda hoping Joe “Elite” Flacco gets injured so we can see what RG3 has. The Ravens are a better team than the Redskins and Browns so it would be interesting.

I would discuss NFL more but I'm a Cowboys fan and that's been a whole different can of worms the past year or two :pie_neutral::pie_neutral:

Division rival wins the last Super Bowl when they were supposed to be crippled for years because of Chip Kelly :pie_neutral::pie_neutral:

Romo and Dez are gone :cry::cry:

What was used to be the best O-Line in the NFL sucks now :pie_neutral::pie_neutral:

Jerry makes it awkward to root for the team because of the whole kneeling thing :pie_neutral::pie_neutral:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom