• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union |OUT2| Mayday, Mayday, I've lost an ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Splinter

The rights to fish there belonged to the UK, only shared due to the EU, no EU, rights should be with UK again.
If this were true you might have a point, but aren't the Danish claiming that the bolded specifically isn't true, and that they've had some right to those waters since before the EU was a thing?

Best case scenario as far as Brexit is concerned appears to be May wins in a landslide, decides no longer needs to placate the really nutty Brexiteers, puts competent people in charge of the Brexit process?

From a non-British, EU citizen POV...

If this were true you might have a point, but aren't the Danish claiming that the bolded specifically isn't true, and that they've had some right to those waters since before the EU was a thing?

They had no active claim, just a verbal one, like Argentina and the Falklands.

Just another EU country trying claim something they never had previously EU.

Alanae

EU trying to keep what it only got as part of EU while stating UK loses what it only got as part of EU.

Wow.

Even if that were actually the case, it would just be a result made possible by one-sided negotiations due to one of the parties involved having hardly any leverage to use.
I imagine one sided things this would happen quite often when the brexit process gets to the point of trying to solo making the best deals with other large countries/trading blocks.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
No EU influence at all.

Also, lol remainers can never remain civil. Is why you lost.

Pretty sure remain lost because the head of the leave campaign sold you all a pack of lies. How's the that etc £350 million to the NHS coming along? The Scotland not planning to leave, the "soft" brexit, pretty much every single promise they made?

You guys ate it all hook line and sinker and tell me benefits you achieved? A massive gutting of UK jobs and currency? Well done old chap bravo, truly bravo.

No EU influence at all.

Also, lol remainers can never remain civil. Is why you lost.

You grasping at straws to badmouth the EU isn't what I'd call "civil discourse". Like, it's incredibly obvious to see from the last three pages alone what your intention with this is, and dishonesty doesn't even begin to describe it.

EU would only need to block any fish imports from the UK and the British fishery would be done.

Even ignoring the fact that all the common fishery stuff is based on historical customs and treaties.

Pretty sure remain lost because the head of the leave campaign sold you all a pack of lies. How's the that etc £350 million to the NHS coming along? The Scotland not planning to leave, the "soft" brexit, pretty much every single promise they made?

You guys ate it all hook line and sinker and tell me benefits you achieved? A massive gutting of UK jobs and currency? Well done old chap bravo, truly bravo.

Is this the story you tell yourself? Never read so much shit in my life. Reason I voted leave is my own and I already seen the benefits, they'll only improve. Not the only one.

Already did. If you don't wanna acknowledge it I don't care.

Is this the story you tell yourself? Never read so much shit in my life. Reason I voted leave is my own and I already seen the benefits, they'll only improve. Not the only one.

How about you tell us about those benefits? Would certainly help to understand your previous posts, I reckon. If those benefits are genuine, I mean.

Already did. If you don't wanna acknowledge it I don't care.

You sure?

EU dipshits gonna cause what they want to prevent. Idiots.

No, because EU had the decision. They chose poorly.

UK want a situation that benefits both, EU chooses one that is exactly what EU don't want. UK has no fault here, EU doing same shit that caused Brexit in first place, they wont learn.

Same old nonsense. Calling people racist when they aren't doesn't win them over, it just makes them do exactly what you don't want them to. Just like EU is doing now to UK.

A reminder of reality if EU doesn't do what best for all is no threat, but a promise.

Lol at you editing in a potshot. Enjoy your points, winner!

UK forced to be low tax haven will be the result of a bad deal, UK know this, EU know this.

Is quite hypocritical of posters in this thread repeatedly​ saying "X is result of Brexit, you know it would happen, you had a choice", then when EU makes a choice where it knows the outcome, it not the EU fault.

But that's this thread all over, hypocrisy everywhere because still bitter about that Brexit loss.

And you call others witless. So you expect UK to let EU fuck it and do nothing to respond?

I none of these post you provided a single coherent argument as to why important EU agencies should stay in the UK.

Kyougar

He is only trolling now. It could be a neighbor fight in deep north england and he would blame the EU.
Or the next argue point is trying to argue to nationalize "unbritish" companies like Aldi and "take back control" of their own industry that they sold to foreign investors.

He is only trolling now. It could be a neighbor fight in deep north england and he would blame the EU.
Or the next argue point is trying to argue to nationalize "unbritish" companies like Aldi and "take back control" of their own industry that they sold to foreign investors.

Strawman nonsense with no basis in reality. Remainers write fiction, then when it gets called out, throw in labels and more fiction.

Voters didn't sell shit to anyone, how pathetic can you be to lump government decisions on voters.

@quoteyMcquote.
My reply on EU methods was in response to original statement, but ignore it so can push your narrative as usual.

@quoteyMcquote.
My reply on EU methods was in response to original statement, but ignore it so can push your narrative as usual.

What? The guy you replied to linked to the question why the two EU agencies should stay in the UK, after you threw some insults after linking an article saying that these two agencies will leave the UK.

The fuck are you even saying now?

Tommy DJ

Strawman nonsense with no basis in reality. Remainers write fiction, then when it gets called out, throw in labels and more fiction.

@quoteyMcquote.

Can you link your specific reply that answers that question? Sorry, I'm not actually trying to dogpile you here, which can be a serious problem on NeoGAF, but I'm seriously feeling like I've got no reading comprehension...I don't see a direct response to the question asked by Jackpot.

What? The guy you replied to linked to the question why the two EU agencies should stay in the UK, after you threw some insults after linking an article saying that these two agencies will leave the UK.

The fuck are you even saying now?

Don't be obtuse, I commented on EU tactics. Anything else was added on top of my statement, don't complain no reply to what someone else added.

Shooting Jo Cox didn't seem very civil to me

Stay classy remainers. This is some A+ discussion. We've reach the implication leavers are all murderers. Is Godwin's on its way?

Dougald

Don't be obtuse, I commented on EU tactics. Anything else was added on top of my statement, don't complain no reply to what someone else added.

So you... didn't respond to his question?

I mean you don't owe the guy anything, I'm just finding this whole exchange really strange. It's like you're both claiming you answered that question and that you didn't because you didn't need to

So you... didn't respond to his question?

I mean you don't owe the guy anything, I'm just finding this whole exchange really strange. It's like you're both claiming you answered that question and that you didn't because you didn't need to

I thought I had replied enough in regards to my original statement. Though it seems he misinterpreted my statement so doesn't think I have.

Tommy DJ

The issue is that, as a non-native English speaker, it literally seems like you haven't answered that question at all.

I mean, you don't have to answer it for obvious reasons. But, to me anyway, it feels like you're basically putting up contradictory answers where you're telling everyone that you already answered the question but won't do the simple thing of linking your response and putting this matter to rest.

The issue is that, as a non-native English speaker, it literally seems like you haven't answered that question at all.

I answered it in regard to my original statement. The question is framed either as not understanding my statement, or as a strawman, neither I need answer. (I believe the former as previously said).

I answered it in regard to my original statement. The question is framed either as not understanding my statement, or as a strawman, neither I need answer. (I believe the former as previously said).

So you replied to the article about UK losing those two agencies with some insults and saying the EU is at fault here. But you weren't commenting that it's a stupid decision by the EU for reasons, but were criticizing the general EU tactics and not acknowledging that they're responsible for the outcome because the EU itself, not the UK, has to decide about those agencies? And the EU supposedly went against everyones best interests with this move? But the UK gets blamed for it?

Assuming that was your intention (and if it was, it was extremely poorly communicated), I still see no single argument as to why this is some evil EU tactic. Sure, the EU had this decision, but the UK knew exactly that this decision would be made if they'd vote for Brexit, and the outcome was fairly obvious too.

Jackpot

Banned

The tactics of withdrawing EU agencies to EU countries?

EU dipshits gonna cause what they want to prevent. Idiots.

No, because EU had the decision. They chose poorly.

UK want a situation that benefits both, EU chooses one that is exactly what EU don't want. UK has no fault here, EU doing same shit that caused Brexit in first place, they wont learn.

That was in response to the news of EU agencies being moved and member states souring over Britain's cack-handed negotiating approach.

What other decision were you referring to and why was the EU wrong to take it?

TimmmV

Stay classy remainers. This is some A+ discussion. We've reach the implication leavers are all murderers. Is Godwin's on its way?

Come on, it's not like you've been setting the bar particularly high.

Plus, I clearly didn't say all leavers are murderers, fortunately its just the one of them. And given that you were the one making sweeping generalisations, I don't really think you have much of a right to complain even if I had

CTLance

I have to admit, with figurative mushroom clouds rising above the horizon all around us as of late, returning to this thread has an outright therapeutic effect on me. Shit's still fucked proper, but somehow it's healing to watch Brexit implode in slow-mo - despite being part of the clusterfuck. Kinda like the Coyote in Roadrunner during that moment of calm when he notices where the rope tied to his ankle leads (and that he won't be able to undo the knot in time).

Gotta say though, the state of the opposition in the UK is something else. What a bunch of damp, mouldy cunts. It's absolutely mindblowing that nobody from the opposition managed to exploit this ongoing crisis for political gain.

Alx

Kinda like the Coyote in Roadrunner during that moment of calm when he notices where the rope tied to his ankle leads (and that he won't be able to undo the knot in time).

Lol, I won't be able to get rid of that mental image...
tumblr_n0fiq7l2m51rwzcw7o5_250.gif

Tacitus_

https://www.ft.com/content/f224b684-2513-11e7-8691-d5f7e0cd0a16

EU officials say there will be no freeze on EU spending through structural or regional funds, as these are implemented via UK authorities rather than directly through an EU body. The commission has said it will stand by funding promises to Northern Ireland, for instance.

But in other direct funding areas the tighter approach is beginning to pinch. Brussels has already stipulated that any contracts in the latest phase of work on the €10bn Galileo satellite navigation system can be cancelled without penalty if the supplier is no longer based in an EU member state.
A final section calls on EU staff to encourage the private sector to prepare immediately for the “legal repercussions” of Britain leaving the bloc and losing the rights of member states.

Examples that private parties may want to consider include “requirements, according to EU law, for marketing authorisation holders or registrants to be established in the EU or to have an office in the EU”.

Companies moving data cross-border are also encouraged to consider their legal arrangements, should a data transfer deal with Britain prove impossible.

The data access negotiations could prove to be a headache for the UK.

Melon Husk

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ll-welcome-britain-back-if-voters-veto-brexit

Exclusive: European parliament president Antonio Tajani says process could easily be reversed if election brings in new British government

”If the UK, after the election, wants to withdraw [article 50], then the procedure is very clear," he said in an interview. ”If the UK wanted to stay, everybody would be in favour. I would be very happy."

”If tomorrow, the new UK government decides to change its position, it is possible to do," said Tajani. ”The final decision is for the 27 member states, but everybody will be in favour if the UK [decides to reverse article 50]."
The Liberal Democrat leader, Tim Farron, said Tajani's remarks show ”that contrary to Theresa May's claims, it's not too late to prevent a divisive, hard Brexit".

Fat chance but nice to know I guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom