• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Too!™: Be extra nice and EA will pay you (participants may not disclose details)

My Mass Effect love is genuine, I swear, haven't seen a dang penny! (The following is not my material™)

You agree to keep confidential at all times all matters relating to this Agreement and any Assignment including, without limitation, the Details and Compensation listed above.

You understand that You may not post a copy of this Agreement or any Assignment or any terms thereof online or share them with any third party without EA's prior written consent. You agree that You have read the Nondisclosure Agreement (attached hereto and marked as Exhibit A) and You understand and agree to all of terms of the Nondisclosure Agreement, which are incorporated as part of this Agreement.

3xBYPm9.png

K524Kmz.png

r8tXTYd.png

holy crap.

I'm sure this is standard procedure for a lot of companies, not just Video Game related.

edit just noticed "Do not make a video that focuses on glitches in the game"

Oh, EA. That is the same kind of thing as non-disclosure agreement as far as I'm concerned

swcpig

Banned
I am sure if you dig around you'll find a shit ton of examples of these things - inside and outside the gaming industry... marketing is insidious.

Bsigg12

This seems like a very typical practice. The thing that makes Microsoft look so scummy is telling video makers not to talk about the promotion.

Mondy

Banned
They aren't even trying to hide it anymore. They're openly bribing commentators to put in a good word for their products.

Moneyhats everywhere.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Really trying to counter that "worst company in the United States" reputation, huh.

fallout

I am sure if you dig around you'll find a shit ton of examples of these things - inside and outside the gaming industry... marketing is insidious.
And yet people get all uppity about Mountain Dew and Doritos. The ire of this community can really be misplaced at times.

Is the NDA the only thing about this you care about?

That's part that makes it potentially illegal, so kind of important.

I hope they start doing this for message boards. I could use the money.

Yeah, I sure could use some extra scratch some Xbox Live money, the best place to go for multiplayer and entertainment content that gets the DLC I care about first.

This is completely fine and EA are well within their rights to do this. I see no problem with it. Long live EA, the saviours of gaming!

Right, how much can I get for that?

RT17

Banned
Wait, you mean it's not just Microsoft?

/Sarcasm.

Gaf would have you believe that just MS did this. It's been going on for years.

Skeff

I think this is just sleazy, I don't think it's as bad as MS/machinima as the embargo date is before video release date, so it seems your allowed to tell people your getting paid.

I think technically, it could still be illegal though as the videos would have to be tagged and I'm sure most of them aren't, but that's not entirely EA's fault.

That $10 CPM though is huge.

This and it also didn't say you can't say anything negative about the games.

It specifically mentions bugs not being talked about.

VariantX

Wonder how deep the rabbit hole goes with this stuff. Starting to wonder where can you go to get an honest opinion about things if potentially all of these companies are doing these type of contracts.

Wow.... Youtubers were complaining about getting shut down now we see why. Everybody been eating off misleading the gamer. This is all bullshit, youtube can get rid of the monetization for all I care. Mostly all their opinions are dead to me now.

Guess the million dollar man Ted Dibiase was right after all....

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wait, you mean it's not just Microsoft?

/Sarcasm.

Gaf would have you believe that just MS did this. It's been going on for years.

I haven't seen anyone arguing that. MS is the only one that we know of that has the NDA added into it which is the part that makes the legality come into question.

Mondy

Banned
Wow.... Youtubers were complaining about getting shut down now we see why. Everybody been eating off misleading the gamer. This is all bullshit, youtube can get rid of the monetization for all I care. Mostly all their opinions are dead to me now.

Guess the million dollar man Ted Dibiase was right after all....

It gets outed that publishers moneyhat Youtubers and you automatically assume they all must be in on it?

demolitio

I'm sure we could all guess that EA would be doing it too. The more exposed, the better so people can realize how ridiculous the industry is.

Hell, find me one video of BF4 from November where the player was saying how smooth and stable the game was so we realize that we should have seen it a while ago. :D

Wonder how deep the rabbit hole goes with this stuff. Starting to wonder where can you go to get an honest opinion about things if potentially all of these companies are doing these type of contracts.

From a friend you know who has played the game, that opinion you can trust.

Top Bottom