• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2017) |OT| Trust no one. Not even your shelf

You could also just find reviewers you enjoy reading and find your tastes line up a majority of the time. That means following writers and not outlets.

Also they are not asking for blind trust. A good review will explain why they like or dislike certain aspects of a game. It's then up to you to decide if the points the reviewer brings up are ones that often bother you.

And why should I trust their explanation? I don't know him/her.

That's the point.

But I didn't want to derail this thread, sorry.

Let's go back to waiting ^^

Its no different, the only reason he "isnt doing this anymore" is because this reasoning is straight up nonsense and he has nowhere left to go with it.

To say published reviews are rubbish and steam user reviews should be considered is fucking insane. Black or white thinking is never a good thing.

Sad, pretty sad but I guess you know it.

sueil

Tried everything signing out of mobile apps, changing password multiple times etc, revoking other computers. Still says 16 hours :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Tried everything signing out of mobile apps, changing password multiple times etc, revoking other computers. Still says 16 hours :(

The timer is tied to your store region. It's part of the store, after all. ;)

EvB

I remember the original reveal in 2016. Morgan didn't look Asian then and there was no female Morgan either. Good on them to change it and make it more inclusive.

It's the same model, you just don't see much of him in the trailer. He is called Morgan Yu in that trailer AND the voice is Benedict Wong, who's parents are Chinese.

Looks pretty asian in that trailer to me.
DEC5ky8.png

tBVEJ4f.png

Morgan Yu as a female Character (the name itself is deliberately non-gendered) was also announced at E3, but wasn't shown until a few months later when they released this trailer. So they haven't changed or altered anything.

Speaking of Benedict Wong, I'd love to see an easter egg of Dr Franklin Fu and Medibot
https://vimeo.com/38683125

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pud2-fsgMtI

Shifty

Try getting real life injections in your eye sometime, Macular Degeneration is a bitch ;)

latest

(I realise that I may have to deal with it at some point, but until then my bubble is nice and comfy :p)

It's not really eye mutilation, it's basically 2 needles that go to the side of the eye through the gap and onto the brain. But you only see it the first time you do it rather than every time you spend a skill point, which would be odd.

It's actually not too bad, only the initial neuromod pickup cutscene has you watching at the "jabby-eye" part. After that it's just an option on the menu.

It's kind of like Bioshock when you get the first plasmid and you see yourself injecting it, then after you just "get" the powers.

Ah nice, that makes a more sense. One instance I can deal with. I was imagining a Dead Space climb-into-the-pod-shop type dealie every time, only with more stabbing.

I have been playing with vorpx lately which lets you play non VR games in VR and I'm gonna turn the always stab in eye option on and see what I am made of.

Breh.

sueil

I have been playing with vorpx lately which lets you play non VR games in VR and I'm gonna turn the always stab in eye option on and see what I am made of.

This wasn't on my radar AT ALL until I tried the demo. Pre-ordered on PC and looking forward to tonight.

Also, awesome thread title.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What is a good VPN for AU and NZ?
Is there only FlyVPN as a cheap method?

There's not much in the way of free AU/NZ VPNs. VPN Gate comes to mind, though as the "servers" are the PCs of volunteers, there's no guarantee that an AU/NZ server will be available; and VyprVPN offers a free three-day trial, but you must remember to cancel within 72 hours as otherwise you'll be charged.

There's not much in the way of free AU/NZ VPNs. VPN Gate comes to mind, though as it's volunteer-run there's no guarantee that an AU/NZ server will be available, and VyprVPN offers a free three-day trial, but you must remember to cancel within 72 hours as otherwise you'll be charged.

Yeah checked VPN Gate, seems there are no Australian or New Zealand VPNs available atm. Seems I have to use FlyVPN then.

It's the same model, you just don't see much of him in the trailer. He is called Morgan Yu in that trailer AND the voice is Benedict Wong, who's parents are Chinese.

Looks pretty asian in that trailer to me.

Benedict Wong is actually voicing Alex Yu, Morgan's brother

Uh oh. Does this game have detective vision? How does it work and what kind of info does it give?

There's a device called the Psychoscope that allow you to scan the Typhon aliens and learn their powers. The phrase you quoted basically says the Psychoscope was intentionally designed to feel restrictive so players don't overly rely on them.

sueil

There's not much in the way of free AU/NZ VPNs. VPN Gate comes to mind, though as the "servers" are the PCs of volunteers, there's no guarantee that an AU/NZ server will be available; and VyprVPN offers a free three-day trial, but you must remember to cancel within 72 hours as otherwise you'll be charged.

Jokes on me I forgot to cancel my VPN from Mass Effect 4 so this one is free sorta* (free if you count like 20 dollars since then oh well)

ISee

0laying on ps4 pro, and there is aiming lag :(
*Bad* aiming lag.

The release version or the demo? The demo has no dedicated pro support and the release version is supposed to have adjust sensitivity controller curves.

Tomeru

The release version or the demo? The demo has no dedicated pro support and the release version is supposed to have adjust sensitivity controller curves.

Retail. Got the day1 patch, yet the input lag is visible disturbing. Also doasn't look like any pro enhancements are in effect. Maybe another patch tomorrow or today. So far its a pain.

inki

So honestly not sure if I'm going to get this game, loved the original Prey. We'll see once I know more.

ANYHOW - I just wanted to give props on the OT name. The BEST I've seen yet. Great job. Very Nice.

Tovarisc

Took VyprVPN Trial, connected and tried to access Steam Store to see if release time has changed, but can't open Steam Store. Valve has blocked VPN access to it? Will be interesting to see if this works for early unlocking of the game.

Peterthumpa

Retail. Got the day1 patch, yet the input lag is visible disturbing. Also doasn't look like any pro enhancements are in effect. Maybe another patch tomorrow or today. So far its a pain.
What do you mean by no Pro support? So apparently same resolution as the demo? Oh boy...

So honestly not sure if I'm going to get this game, loved the original Prey. We'll see once I know more.

ANYHOW - I just wanted to give props on the OT name. The BEST I've seen yet. Great job. Very Nice.

This game has nothing to do with the original Prey. It's a completely different game.

Tomeru

What do you mean by no Pro support? So apparently same resolution as the demo? Oh boy...

I'm no expert but this doesn't look or feel like it got the pro treatment. Launch is tomorrow though, so maybe there's another patch incoming (only 1.01 now).

Zakalwe

Banned
Demo didn't impress me at all. Immediately feels like some kind of half-life knock-off, and the feel and humour and designs seem like retreads of previous games.

Will see how reviews do, but I'm pretty sure I'll skip this.

There won't be any pre-release reviews, correct?

Bethesda policy is not to release review code until release day, unfortunately.

noomi

0laying on ps4 pro, and there is aiming lag :(
*Bad* aiming lag.

This is why I did not pre-order, if this is still apparent upon release it's a pass for me.

I absolutely fucking hate aim lag, Rise of the Tom Raider had it, and I did not purchase until it was fixed.... many many months later :/

Peterthumpa

I'm no expert but this doesn't look or feel like it got the pro treatment. Launch is tomorrow though, so maybe there's another patch incoming (only 1.01 now).
You think so? Isn't the patch you got that one posted here yesterday with a truckload of fixes?

Top Bottom