• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony to announce DriveClub release date 'shortly'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I would hope the delay would be for something like trying to get 60fps at 1080p. Wishful thinking on my part.....

Apparently it does. I thought it didn't but this unboxing video suggests otherwise.

BTW, is there official confirmation that driveclub supports the T500? Other than Rushy's post in another forum.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/platforms/playstation-3

T100 is FFB the T80 is

thrustmaster-t80-racing-wheel-playstation-3_1324530829.jpg

It has a bungie cord system............................

PBY

Banned
June? noooooooooo that fucking sucks.

well, outlast should be cool next month, looking forward to that alot.

Gurish

I think you can put "official" on this quote :/

Pretty sad if you ask me, the game was that far from being ready on launch?

Whoa...June is a loooong time. And this game was ever going to be a launch title? I guess I'd care more if March wasn't so jam packed but still kinda sucks.

Yeah, and afterwards they want to surprise with an april/may date.
Why would they post something like that without an official announcement? Doesn't make sense.

Krakn3Dfx

June is fine, just make sure to include a teaser video of
the next Motorstorm game, make it happen, doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit
along with the game.

Mobius 1

Let it bake. I want a superior racing title, at this point I'm perfectly fine with a few extra months in wait in order to receive a distinctive experience.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I hope not. :/

How can't you see an 8 months delay a month and a half before the supposed release date of your game?

If they changed the scope of the game significantly as it got close I can see such a long delay. If they intended to send it out in the launch rush they could get by with a weaker offering but risked compromising the potential for a franchise long term. Now the longer it takes, the higher the bar of expectations.

If June is true, they probably added more content to the game after the delay, or the game will be ready before that but June was chosen for positioning reasons.

LOL! Didn't know.. and at that price?! Avoid at all costs.

I really wonder why Sony just doesn't make a statement regarding legacy wheels. Just come out and say we won't support old wheels or that they will. I hated MS decision on this but at least they made one before the system came out. People need to know if they should start saving up for new products or hold on to what they have

If June is true, they probably added more content to the game after the delay, or the game will be ready before that but June was chosen for positioning reasons.
Would seem likely.

Let us not forget that the 'official' magazines are only official in name, they're not published by the console makers.

Damn, June?

I have Arsetto Corsa to tide me over but dang! Just get Fanatec support in there and all will be forgiven.

I really wonder why Sony just doesn't make a statement regarding legacy wheels. Just come out and say we won't support old wheels or that they will. I hated MS decision on this but at least they made one before the system came out. People need to know if they should start saving up for new products or hold on to what they have

Yep, super frustrating. I imagine they're waiting until a racing game that works with wheels (since NFS does not) is closer to release before actually saying anything. Sony has said it's "up to developers" which I have no idea what that means.

Either way, I just hope I don't blow my games budget over the next few months, now that I bought a house my gaming budget dwindled extremely fast. This was one of the first games on my list but given time and a few other releases, it will be tough to justify another purchase, especially if it doesn't support my wheel config.

Jachaos

JUNE !? So what, inFamous in March, hopefully Watch_Dogs in between that and DriveClub, and then the latter in June ? What else is coming to PS4 until June ? I want to know when Hohokum, Octodad, War Thunder, etc. will release too. I love Don't Starve and the games I have but this is ridiculous, it's looking like it will be a worse drought than Wii U's first Winter/Spring. Combined with not even knowing when Mario Kart and Super Smash are releasing, I'm doubtful any game will make first half of 2014 at this point. What is with all these huge delays.

Amir0x

Banned
Wow, if it is June, how bad would the game have been if it released at launch!? @_o

How do you miss your goal by that much?

Tsundere

Banned
I can't hear you! Lalalalala…

Also, this looks new!

1506209_1454069701471865_1645088892_o.jpg

Where'd you get that?!

Edit: Oh, Facebook

Wow, if it is June, how bad would the game have been if it released at launch!? @_o

How do you miss your goal by that much?

Hmmm, It's possible that they went back to the drawing board on certain aspects of the game, and probably need to re-file for ESRB afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom