• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
A bit of a random tangent but does anyone find it weird that the manga stated Kaido couldn't be executed?

If we can assume his powers come from a possible devil fruit, wouldn't seastone just negate whatever is making him invulnerable?

There's got to be something more to his power.
The previous holder of law's fruit probably made him immortal

Daingurse

1454150714-234c19fefce78e57d0d199dbda16c9ef.gif

I remember finally binging my way through the Dressrosa arc because I wanted to know what the deal was with Gear Fourth. I thought that Nightmare Luffy had made a comeback or something lol. My curiosity had definitely reached it's tipping point, because the anime had finally gotten around to adapting the technique, so clips were floating around everywhere.

Also, I really enjoyed going through the Dressrosa arc in bulk. The pacing was kinda painful week to week, causing me shelf One Piece for like a year.

LotusHD

Banned
Kaido the way he is talked about is that he isn't even human so there more to it then just a DF.

No love for Space Dandy in here?

I've never seen Space Dandy.

Quite possibly the cruelest break chapter ever.

A B S O L U T E L Y

The previous holder of law's fruit probably made him immortal

This makes a lot of sense, and would also possibly explain a little bit about why Doflamingo knew of the fruit having the ability to do that to begin with. (Then again, he has connections, so meh)

That fruit ability has to be used somehow, it'd be very unlike Oda for him to reveal that Law's DF can do that, only to never address it ever again, so it makes the most sense for us to get to see it used in a flashback. Because let's be real, I highly, highly doubt we'll ever see Law use it in the present day on Luffy, much less anyone else. Immortality/Eternal Youth sounds like something Luffy would never want, and Law isn't close enough to anyone else to do something like that.

Ray Down

Banned
Hitman Reborn had an OK anime, but most of it is that shit due to the Future arc.

It belongs on a list of OK shonen adaptations not best or fav animes, lol.

Watch Space Dandy B-leg.

Azure J

Saw people doing anime/manga things, so why not:

Rurouni Kenshin (still my favorite Shonen protag tbh)
Yu Yu Hakusho
Dragon Ball
Cyborg 009
Soul Eater
Fullmetal Alchemist (manga)/Brotherhood
Cowboy Bebop
Space Dandy
Katanagatari
Hunter x Hunter
One Punch Man
Steins;Gate
FLCL
Oyasumi Punpun
Gurren Lagann
Nichijou

Yeah I'm a Toonami/Shonen/HOT BLOOD kid with some stragglers.

Also, I really enjoyed going through the Dressrosa arc in bulk. The pacing was kinda painful week to week, causing me shelf One Piece for like a year.

One Piece is weird in that there are a lot of things where you really enjoy them more in bulk versus the slow drip. This current arc is hurting me so badly (not because its bad but because pls give endgame) but I know I just gotta be patient.

Also, Dressrosa is going to be the New World's Alabasta in terms of impressions later down the line, calling it.

IHaveIce

Banned
In light of no new chapter this week, what is this threads taste in anime in general? Only shonens, or even only One Piece? I personally have pretty eclectic taste. Top 5 (excluding One Piece):
Wondering sun
Kaiji
Nichijou
Mobile suit Gundam 0079
Little witch academia

Edit: Also Neo Yokio

Oh man I read so much stuff tbh it gets kinda hard remembering all that I really liked.

One Piece
Punpun
Baby Steps ( Became a drag though)
Hunter X Hunter
Eyeshield 21
One Punch Man
Death Note
Full Metal Alchemist
Dragonball (only partly Z, Super and GT is trash)

And only because reading it with mangagaf was awesome Molester Man

Daingurse

One Piece is weird in that there are a lot of things where you really enjoy them more in bulk versus the slow drip. This current arc is hurting me so badly (not because its bad but because pls give endgame) but I know I just gotta be patient.

Also, Dressrosa is going to be the New World's Alabasta in terms of impressions later down the line, calling it.

I can see that. I loved the arc after binging through it. Pretty much solidified Doffy as my favorite character in the whole series.

I've actually been enjoying Whole Cake Island a lot week to week though. Haven't felt this invested in One Piece in a looooong time, in-fact. I had been anticipating Big Mom and her crew for many years, and they have totally lived up to the hype for me!

Lakuza

mind blown at the law devil fruit ability on kaido theory :O
Imagine if it was kaido's wife, son or daugther or a love one to him that did it to him and he wants to die so he can join them :_(

caliph95

Honestly Big Mom crew would likely be the best Yonko crew to me i think I really like the aesthetic, fairy tail theme and the weird powers plus the fact you can tell they are a family that care for one another and protective

Daingurse

Honestly Big Mom crew would likely be the best Yonko crew to me i think I really like the aesthetic, fairy tail theme and the weird powers plus the fact you can tell they are a family that care for one another and protective

Kaido's crew is gonna have to really impress me to compete with Big Mom's family. I can't wait to see the other 2 Calamities. Tons of potential cool factor with them. Jack was pretty hype.

Ray Down

Banned

They are a good family.

Except to Lola, Chiffon and Pudding.

Xux

When's the flashback with young Linlin facing off with young Eddy Newgate and being all, like, "My family's gonna be the strongest!" and Eddy's like, "Family, huh?"

LotusHD

Banned

They're the best antagonist crew in the entire series. Kaido's crew has their work cut out for them, especially since they're presumably all Zoan users.

Also on a smaller note, Queen better be a female character

They're the best antagonist crew in the entire series. Kaido's crew has their work cut out for them, especially since they're presumably all Zoan users.

Also on a smaller note, Queen better be a female character
Plot twist it’s a man, king is a female
Classic oda

So who’s saving jack tho lol!

Lakuza

if he is a fishman he could perhaps use his fish communication to summon his fish species to help him out (or to eat them for food)

if he is a fishman he could perhaps use his fish communication to summon his fish species to help him out (or to eat them for food)

I mean, it seems like it's rare for Fishman to actually communicate with fish, unlike mermen and mermaids (Pretty sure Jinbe was considered a bit of an exception for doing it)

Lakuza

talking about reactions, has anyone heard of uzumaki khan?
He's been live reacting to the anime for a while now (currently in dressrosa arc), the guy is one of the most emotional live reactors i've ever seen XD

Daingurse

talking about reactions, has anyone heard of uzumaki khan?
He's been live reacting to the anime for a while now (currently in dressrosa arc), the guy is one of the most emotional live reactors i've ever seen XD

I watched some of his HxH reactions. That dude gets too damn hype lol.

Im curious if Roger also had the rubber fruit. He died before Luffy was consieved. Though I can also see roger not having any fruit whatsoever.

But an arc dedicated to claiming rogers fruit would be coollio

Lakuza

yeah, its been really fun watching the live reactions and an excuse to go through the one piece journey all over again.

Some funny moments:
someone edited his reaction over robin saying i want to live in the anime

His reaction to finding out Gol D roger is Ace's dad and not Dragon

and moments of tears:
his reaction to Merry's funeral

Pappasman

I recently decided to get into One Piece and over the course of a few months caught up with the manga. Reading in bulk is amazing. Being able to read a volume in one sitting is so much more narratively satisfying than single chapters per week. I loved Dressrosa, but I can completely understand how reading week to week probably sucked.

The only arc I wasn't 100% invested in was Fishman Island, but it seems that is a pretty common opinion. OP quickly shot up to the top of my favorite series ever.

(not because its bad but because pls give endgame)
We could keep going for another 20 years and I'd be fine with it lol

I need some suggestions for other long running manga series that I can binge on.

Top Bottom