• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Krazy Kong hits the App Store (Donkey Kong rip-off)

After Super Mario 3D Land, Pokémon and Mario Kart on iOS, and Pullblox and Yoshi on Android, another great Nintendo rip-off hits the mobile market! Krazy Kong: Race in Jungle Temple by Emoticon LLC. Here's how it's described:

Check out this fun and addictive kong running and throwing banana game.

Jump to dodge obstacles in the jungle while throwing bananas to destroy enemies. Don`t forget to use your bombs to kill all enemies on screen. Fun for all ages.

Try it out today!

mzl.wklwjmtp.png

I wonder, why people keep asking Nintendo to go mobile, if basically all its line-up is already on those devices? :p

Ridley327

See, their Donkey Kong has a red tie.

Now look at our Krazy Kong; he doesn't have a tie at all!

It's not the same thing!

See, their Donkey Kong has a red tie.

Now look at our Krazy Kong; he doesn't have a tie at all!

It's not the same thing!

It's not the same character, it's not the same content... etc. Either way, it's always nice to see what this bastion of creativity and gaming nirvana that is the App Store I keep getting told about is like.

Maybe it's only me, but the art reminds me a bit of Chet's work.

You realize that they "win" when you give them attention, right?

Not when they get sales, then all their money is taken away from them when their app is pulled for copyright infringement. (Or at least, that's how Google does it on Android, IIRC.)

Servbot24

Banned
I love how the trees in the background are completely different art styles. Pretty sure they must have lifted them from different sources and just threw 'em in a pile.

The grammar of their description hurts me more personally than the existence of this game, although that's pretty damn sad.

cacildo

"Theres no good games today like there was on the Ps2 era"
"Now hold on mister what about the amazing games available for mobile devices?"

Yep i see it now. Now im a believer.

This is the equivalent of those horrible direct to DVD movies you see that are timed perfectly with the release of the actual hollywood blockbusters and have a similar name.

farnham

Banned
After this and yoshi people really need to stop asking nintendo for ios games. They are already on the platform.

Gold Member
Wow that is so blatant lmao! I'd download it to try, but that would just encourage them further.

This is the equivalent of those horrible direct to DVD movies you see that are timed perfectly with the release of the actual hollywood blockbusters and have a similar name.
My wife falls for that every time, and every time I chuckle :D

Game Guru

Lawsuit says it wasn't.

Actually, Nintendo just proved that King Kong's scenario and characters were in the public domain, which Universal... the company that sued Nintendo proving that they were in a previous court case. Nintendo never admitted to ripping off King Kong, but they did prove that even if they did, Universal had no legal leg to stand because King Kong was public domain.

Axspell

Neo Member
I... I really don't understand this. Can somebody expain why people even bother to do this? Like, you're never going to get away with it for an elongated amount of time, and if you do, all of your funds will probably be frozen or chased after anyway. ....Right?

I suppose a better question is how it even gets through Apple certification....

If Rare were still making the DK games I bet they would've beaten these fellows to the Krazy Kong punch years ago.
But that Kong is Krazy all right, without the tie he's nothing but Naked Kong and he's loving it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I... I really don't understand this. Can somebody expain why people even bother to do this? Like, you're never going to get away with it for an elongated amount of time, and if you do, all of your funds will probably be frozen or chased after anyway.

I suppose a better question is how it even gets through Apple certification....

I'm assuming Apple just gives the benifit of the doubt that a game is actually licensed. That way, when it gets pulled, they an keep the sales money.

Gadirok

After Super Mario 3D Land, Pokémon and Mario Kart on iOS, and Pullblox and Yoshi on Android, another great Nintendo rip-off hits the mobile market! Krazy Kong: Race in Jungle Temple by Emoticon LLC. Here's how it's described:

I wonder, why people keep asking Nintendo to go mobile, if basically all its line-up is already on those devices? :p

Seriously? That is like a direct rip off of Donkey Kong. Nintendo should send a cease and desist.

apesh1t

Banned
It's terrible, I just played it. Unresponsive and chock full of ads. I became part of the problem.

I bought that Super Mario World rip off that was on the App Store a few years ago out of shire curiosity. It was like a hacked rom. Omario or something. It's not on the App Store any more.

Gaogaogao

It's terrible, I just played it. Unresponsive and chock full of ads. I became part of the problem.

I bought that Super Mario World rip off that was on the App Store a few years ago out of shire curiosity. It was like a hacked rom. Omario or something. It's not on the App Store any more.

Stop it.

03sho

Just downloaded it and its terrible.

The bomb button is cheekily placed onscreen for you to accidenty press it and to buy more bombs with real money.

bomma_man

Yeahhh app store the future of videogams yeahh

It's not the same character, it's not the same content... etc. Either way, it's always nice to see what this bastion of creativity and gaming nirvana that is the App Store I keep getting told about is like.

Future of gaming right here.

Can't Nintendo sue for this?

Mobile gaming is fucking pathetic.

Using this logic, console gaming is "fucking pathetic" because of Phoenix Games

Eq1Y4rB.jpg

TXWcaBB.jpg

...but everyone knows that would be shitty reasoning, right?

Top Bottom