• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Akfa2d5.jpg

Frumix

Suffering From Success
CD reset on wipes confirmed
AAs cone is made 360, just have to be in range
But we have to pay for this with disabled facetarget command when moving(?)

Phocks

If anyone is thinking about subbing, PM me your email so I can send you a recruit a friend email. I need this dank mount.

Guess Who

Banned
They're adding countdowns to the UI so you don't have to macro pull countdowns and whatnot.

Final Alex tier is Alexander: The Creator.

They're big because they're the de facto official community servers for the Reddit and Tumblr FFXIV communities, respectively, so people from those communities tell other people to join them. The other factor is that big servers are self-perpetuating. People want to play MMOs with the most people they can, so they go to the biggest server, and it gets even bigger, repeat forever.

While Balmung was always pretty big because it was the unofficial-official RP community server, Gilgamesh only began absorbing massive numbers of players from other servers when Alexander was released. I don't think anybody cares about Reddit, Tumblr, or even GAF communities. Balmung is the RP server but now everyone who wants a populated servers tries to go there even if they don't RP, Gilgamesh is the raiding server and has also become the overflow server for people who are unable to create a character on Balmung and refuse to pay $18 to transfer a character there. That's why they are big servers.

Squishy3

Gubal Hard is going to tie into the story somehow too according to one of my raid mates who speaks Japanese. Makes sense though considering we saw the WoD there

Also guess we're going into Gyr Abania through the Ixali homelands, since it's northwest of there.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Do you know how impossible it is to create a character on Balmung?

I tried after the last maintenance. arrstatus.com on 15 seconds refresh, login and password pre-entered on the launcher, character appearance pre-created and name pre-decided, loading the game off a Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD, spamclicking the moment I got the ping that Balmung was up. The server was greyed out by the time I got to the server selection screen in character creation. It's literally impossibru.
You have to pay for the privilege of ERP. You don't just earn it.

Guess Who

Banned
While Balmung was always pretty big because it was the unofficial-official RP community server, Gilgamesh only began absorbing massive numbers of players from other servers when Alexander was released. I don't think anybody cares about Reddit, Tumblr, or even GAF communities. Balmung is the RP server but now everyone who wants a populated servers tries to go there even if they don't RP, Gilgamesh is the raiding server and has also become the overflow server for people who are unable to create a character on Balmung and refuse to pay $18 to transfer a character there. That's why they are big servers.

Those communities are major parts of why they became the de facto roleplaying and raiding servers in the first place.

Elman

Allagan luminous surcoat is the tank gear contest winner btw

Actually kind of furious that the Goobue Armor didn't even place as a runner up. Instead, they picked Bhunivelze the Wood Sprite, Michael Bay Shredder a la 90's Gundam, Native American Appropriation Man, the Inquisitor, and a turtle.

At least the release window is past Rise or Iron, I'm not watching the stream but I am really curious where the story is going to go next.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wasn't expecting them to release Double Cross bar before 4.0 but I guess it makes sense since it could be a mess and launch would be an awful time to deal with it.

Allard

But you will be able to take them into normal dungeons with you also

And with that many of them, there is a chance they will let us use them in trials too. Still they didnt guarentee when they were released they would have the ability to go to dungeons right away, but it is planned.

Pachimari

I hope somebody makes a summary, and explains what the different things are. I see all of these new things announced but as a rather new player, I have a hard time understanding what is being added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom